NordInvasion Forum
Head Crusher better than DWP? - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: Head Crusher better than DWP? (/showthread.php?tid=28954)

Head Crusher better than DWP? - Leberkass - 28-09-2014

Well I am on a server right now and someone told me the stats on the Head Crusher.
Stats
49 blunt
105 speed
60 lenght

Now the stats of a common DWP

Stats
Weapon length 69 (well only 9 longer)
Swing damage 49(same like DWP)
Weight 2
Spd rtng 99 (-6 speed compared to Head Crusher)

So a 400k crafting one hander is now as good as legendary one hander of Loke?
I mean the Eastern Glaive is a little worse than the Naval but the Eastern is still around 6-7 mil.
I have no clue if that is just ment on purpose or was a mistake of the patch, I just wanted to ask if it stays like this.
Yours most sincerely
Tarrod

Re: Head Crusher better than DWP? - Barristan - 28-09-2014

You are comparing apples to oranges. The DWP does pierce deals pierce damage whereas the crusher does blunt. The penetration on the DWP is significantly higher so the DWP deals more damage where it matters. However, we have been rebalancing many of the items. It is possible we might have overlooked a few.

Re: Head Crusher better than DWP? - Leberkass - 28-09-2014

Well this should not be anything bad, but I just wanted to ask because I think this is a bit unfair of the stats Tongue
I know the patch is a really big project and ou can easiyl oversee stuff
Thank you very much for the quick answer and have a nice day Smile

Re: Head Crusher better than DWP? - Mr.Peso - 28-09-2014

HEad Crusher is still a 800k crafting item, not a 400k one ;-)
Before it was pretty much useless, now I'll have to do testing to form an opinion on wether its overbuffed or not.
At least I'm happy since I bought one yesterday Big Grin

Re: Head Crusher better than DWP? - madjsoh - 28-09-2014

as barristan said, the dwp is pretty bloody awesome, I'd probably go as far as saying it's the best 1h in the game. H

Here are some points to consider:

1) the dwp is longer, 9 length really does make all the difference in this game. just compare the mjolnir to the stone maul, the maul being a wincy bit lower in damage and speed but 10 length longer making it a vastly superior weapon.

2) pierce damage off-putting more hurt tha blunt damage when surpassing the 40ish pierce range (might wanna check this) + 20% armour penetration bonus means you can pierce just about anything (especially this patch...even odin!)

if anything is unbalanced it is the DWP and not the headcrusher, heck...i'd be petitioning for a nerf on the dwp or buff on the cut 1H legendaries like fang, fell edge (maybe not dragon axe) because in all honesty the dwp shits on them from far above.

Re: Head Crusher better than DWP? - Mr.Peso - 28-09-2014

(28-09-2014, 12:13 PM)madjosh link Wrote: as barristan said, the dwp is pretty bloody awesome, I'd probably go as far as saying it's the best 1h in the game. H

Here are some points to consider:

1) the dwp is longer, 9 length really does make all the difference in this game. just compare the mjolnir to the stone maul, the maul being a wincy bit lower in damage and speed but 10 length longer making it a vastly superior weapon.

2) pierce damage off-putting more hurt tha blunt damage when surpassing the 40ish pierce range (might wanna check this) + 20% armour penetration bonus means you can pierce just about anything (especially this patch...even odin!)

if anything is unbalanced it is the DWP and not the headcrusher, heck...i'd be petitioning for a nerf on the dwp or buff on the cut 1H legendaries like fang, fell edge (maybe not dragon axe) because in all honesty the dwp shits on them from far above.

I agree on that, 20% Armor pen is nothing to laugh about if you play hard or rag on later waves. And if you call 9 lenght negligible something is wrong with you, it really does make a huge difference.

Re: Head Crusher better than DWP? - TerrorBite - 29-09-2014

I'm just saying that the 9 length less of the head crusher can be beneficial to certain play styles. Considering that both weapons are very short, the weapon would be used only when the nords are standing very close by, probably not for slashing, so it cannot be compared to 2h weapons so easily. For people who are ineffective at using the weapon reach well, the head crusher would probably be using its tip more than the DWP, so the head crusher's length may be more effective. Also, slashing with these weapons would mainly be if the person feels that they won't miss and be hit themselves; when the nord is standing right next to them. Here the middle of the DWP would be used, but for the head crusher it may be closer to the tip. In times when powerful nords are being ganked, or attacked in more open areas, someone using the head crusher may tend to hold their attacks more than someone with the DWP, as they may feel that they are too far away and must come closer to the nord to hit it. This hold would do more damage, and moving towards the nord would also increase the damage.

Re: Head Crusher better than DWP? - Leberkass - 29-09-2014

(28-09-2014, 11:31 AM)Barristan link Wrote: You are comparing apples to oranges. The DWP does pierce deals pierce damage whereas the crusher does blunt. The penetration on the DWP is significantly higher so the DWP deals more damage where it matters. However, we have been rebalancing many of the items. It is possible we might have overlooked a few.
You are right Barristan. I overreacted about the stats.
It is still blunt against armor penetration and after I have seen how important DWP has been become for Ragnarok the 9 speed buff is very good and well deserved.
I am sorry for this fast and overreacting post, this should not be a negative about the patch.
I am really sorry for this NI team.
Yours most sincerely
Tarrod