NordInvasion Forum
Ideas for new patch - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: Ideas for new patch (/showthread.php?tid=41506)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ideas for new patch - Marius - 13-07-2015

1. Re-Balancing bows and buffing imperial armor
Last month I had  a chance to use fiendish, ullrs bane and stag bow, and I noticed that stag bow is better than ullrs bane(I even hit my record with stag) and, I believe, this shouldn't be. Those bows should be at the same level as it both drops from the Odin. Nerfing Stag speed by 2(like it was on the beta tests) would make it equal to ullrs but it would a diffrent kind of bow(for damage lovers). On the other hand fiendish both is a bit too weak, in my eyes, I doesn't feel, as it fast shooting bow, so adding 1 addition point to speed would make low-damage, but noticeable speed bow. Lastly, imprial armor should get more love, since it is hero locked and it's only better than defender by 1 point only, adding one point more will make this armor worth to craft.

All in all, what I want to say:
Fiendish bow - buff speed by 1 point, (still wouldn't be as good as rag bows)
Stag bow - nerf the speed by 2 points, so it will be as good as ullrs, since it drops from the same odin, so one could be for the speed lovers,second -  for the damage(like Jormungandr for stabing and naval for slashing ).
Imprial armor - buff by 1 point to give reason for crafting it.

2. Changing requirements for rag a bit

Instead of making it from 39 lvl, make it from tier 4. I have seen lately quite many players, who's respeced their characters or having other reasons why not to be tier 4 at level 39, so even, if they try to kill some nords, they still aren't as good for rag runs.

3. Either cav or kiting posibilities

As it mentioned 1000 times before, with removing kiting from the competitive scene, this game became more monotonous. More or less all you need to do is to stand in the one place and shield/shoot/slash/throw most of the time no matter how hard devs are trying to change it, it has some charm as well of course, since it requires a bit of teamwork. I'd say it's enough of cading improments and it's time for cav or kiting or both to develop in this game.

Cheers,
Marius Smile

Re: Ideas for new patch - DR. - 13-07-2015

I see some problems
-F-bow: It is fine
-Imperial armor: Ye maybe but up the weight then as a Rg job is to not move
-Rag: As there are some people that "believe" tr3 tr3 tr1 (hybrid) is a thing

But the one that get me is how Tsukiyomi and others will feel about Stag getting a Nerf

Re: Ideas for new patch - Ribbed - 13-07-2015

I just started doing cav more & its a lot of fun, tons of potential to make it a mode played almost as often as normal.

imo imperial armor needs more than a 1armor buff. Something to move it past an extra threshhold because the class restriction is a huge disadvantage.

Rag restriction doesn't need to be changed - a player's only as useful as they want to be. Plenty of bad hero players in pub rags(events sometimes too).

& yes tsuki will kill someone if stag is nerfed - not a good idea

Re: Ideas for new patch - Marius - 13-07-2015

Ok maybe with rag it need some corrections, but it's lame that tier 2 joins and unless he wants to heal, he is useless.

With Stag bow, I know that most likely all stag bow users will not like this, but thinking about game perspective it is neccesary.

Re: Ideas for new patch - Ribbed - 13-07-2015

(13-07-2015, 12:34 PM)Marius link Wrote: With Stag bow, I know that most likely all stag bow users will not like this, but thinking about game perspective it is neccesary.

I don't think legendary items really need to be balanced with eachother.
If it were a craftable with the same cost then yes.

Some drops are just better ieConfusedtudded vs daxe

(13-07-2015, 12:46 PM)Ribbed link Wrote: [quote author=Marius link=topic=45218.msg235578#msg235578 date=1436790884]
With Stag bow, I know that most likely all stag bow users will not like this, but thinking about game perspective it is neccesary.

I don't think legendary items really need to be balanced with eachother.
If it were a craftable with the same cost then yes.

Some drops are just better ieConfusedtudded vs daxe
[/quote]

Well you can't really compare studded and dragond axe, one of them is armor other melee wep, so this is false example

Re: Ideas for new patch - Bobo - 13-07-2015

I would agree concering the Imperial Armour. I'd like to see more top tier armour pieces in game but they must be well worth to craft to persuade ppl to spend a fortune...
As for bows: current bows line up seems to be well balanced to me. Perhaps I'd like to see a step between SS Bow and Ebony / Elmwood Bow as the cost gap seems a bit high here, next EQ level for SS Bows owners should be easier attainable.

(13-07-2015, 01:14 PM)Bobo link Wrote: As for bows: current bows line up seems to be well balanced to me.

Can you support your statement with arguments pls, maybe you can correct me? Smile

Re: Ideas for new patch - Sargent Q - 13-07-2015

You do realise that the Ullr's Bane is considered better than the stag by a lot of people right?  Granted these are people who haven't done a lot of testing on rag, with a warden and ebony arrows. 

You want 2 of the same type of sword, that one is just considered better than the other?  Illustrious compared to the Ragnar's wrath.  Illustrious has more damage and more length.  Ragnar's wrath is faster and more hero locked.  Which is considered better?  The Illustrious, Despite the fact that i have been told that the increase in damage really does not make a difference.  Thus people are going to go for the one that does more damage of the one that is faster most of the time.

Rag mode,  It has been brought so many times that the requirements right now are to low.  However nothing has been done yet about changing them.

Cav mode probably won't be getting touched this patch.  Trying to fix it will take a lot, and it is taking long enough as it is trying to get the next big patch together.

Kiting you will probably have to bring up with Hande, as he is the one making the final map decisions. 

(13-07-2015, 01:36 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: You do realise that the Ullr's Bane is considered better than the stag by a lot of people right?  Granted these are people who haven't done a lot of testing on rag, with a warden and ebony arrows. 

enlight me with the list of these people, only now assasine. Plus there are some peaple saying that fiendish is the best bow. I think, majority decides

(13-07-2015, 01:36 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: You want 2 of the same type of sword, that one is just considered better than the other?  Illustrious compared to the Ragnar's wrath.  Illustrious has more damage and more length.  Ragnar's wrath is faster and more hero locked.  Which is considered better?  The Illustrious, Despite the fact that i have been told that the increase in damage really does not make a difference.  Thus people are going to go for the one that does more damage of the one that is faster most of the time.

Ragnar's wrath is legio only, hard drop, Illustrious is suppose to be better and it is, plus the price shows quite well which better(considering all aspects usability,damage,etc).

(13-07-2015, 01:36 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Rag mode,  It has been brought so many times that the requirements right now are to low.  However nothing has been done yet about changing them.

I am not talking about bigger requirements, you still can join as lvl 39, just you need to be competitive enough.

(13-07-2015, 01:36 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Cav mode probably won't be getting touched this patch.

I hope you are wrong. Smile