NordInvasion Forum
The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43723)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Winter - 20-09-2016

(20-09-2016, 08:07 PM)Bobo Wrote: Taking into consideration the shield skill of 10 that RG has, the available choice of shields for RG is just great. Tower shield does not have advantage over Aegis while it costs much more. I just don't think making Tower Shield usable by RGs would change anything, Aegis would remain their choice anyway unless they could afford SoK.

Tbh, I can't really see any reason to get the Tower Shield actually. If your xbowman is not Pavise, the shield skill is too low to shield for the team. If it is Pavise than it can use Aegis and you save half the money... Please, correct me if I get it wrong, I do admit I don't play an xbow char so maybe I'm missing something.

Yes, you are missing all of the projectiles you are supposed to catch because your shield is too small Tongue  That is the general idea behind the Tower Shield, at least.  It also has slightly higher damage soak over the Aegis, but honestly it is such a marginal difference that I would agree with you if it weren't for the size difference between the two shields that becomes increasingly apparent with less shield skill (Pavise being at 9 compared to RG's 10).

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Bobo - 21-09-2016

Indeed, I neglected the size difference just because it has only happened to me once to get shoot in a leg while shielding. And what I use is Small Dragon Kite Shield, which is truely small, just as its name implies. But perhaps it's just luck.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - LordChaos - 21-09-2016

@Bobo, you can get shot with pretty much any shield in the leg beside tower if I am not wrong. I can't think of any other shield big enough to cover all the rest. But being shot in the leg with a small shield isn't "normal", it's just the placement of the shieldwall that is not facing good enough the aggro, but it can also happen by luck. I shield with the SSSS, it happened to me only on the bay map, even got shot like 3 times that only time, got me so mad that I've rage quit XD. (since I refuse to play on that map).

As for the tower shield, well, it would just give one more choice for the Royal Guards, maybe not stat wise, but at least I won't get stuck with a 2-3m shield because I can't get a shield in "between" the 2-3m and 20-30m+? I understand that an upgrade can cost some money and sometimes a lot, but seriously, the pricing of any upgrade for RG/commando shield past the SSSS/Resilience/SDKS is just ridiculous. Yes there is the Aegis, but what if the tower shield could be an alternative upgrade above (stat wise/shielder wise) the aegis that is the same as the 3 others (material wise)? It does make sense that a Royal Guard would use a tower shield (technically speaking), aswell as a board shield as his role is to shield mainly?

As for the lock on the 2 heroshielding classes, why not, I doubt any sharshooter would actually shield, beside the fact they could just spawn one in the game for a shielder. But not allowing the Royal Guards to bring one? XD

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Bobo - 21-09-2016

You convinced me. It might be reasonable to increase stats of the Tower Shield a bit and then lock it for Pavise and RG. While the stats are more or less equal to Aegis it doesn't make much sense to pay more for the Tower. Maybe something like this:

Aegis: 47/1350
Tower: 47/1500 or 46/1550 or 45/1600 (currently 45/1450)
SoK: 50/1600

?

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Sargent Q - 21-09-2016

(21-09-2016, 12:36 PM)LordChaos Wrote: As for the lock on the 2 heroshielding classes, why not, I doubt any sharshooter would actually shield, beside the fact they could just spawn one in the game for a shielder. But not allowing the Royal Guards to bring one? XD

I use the tower when i can afford to bring it in instead of support. And i would use it when i hit hero class if again i didn't need to bring in support. I would be more than a little disgusted if the usability got changed to something else.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - LordChaos - 21-09-2016

(21-09-2016, 02:23 PM)Sargent Q Wrote:
(21-09-2016, 12:36 PM)LordChaos Wrote: As for the lock on the 2 heroshielding classes, why not, I doubt any sharshooter would actually shield, beside the fact they could just spawn one in the game for a shielder. But not allowing the Royal Guards to bring one? XD

I use the tower when i can afford to bring it in instead of support.  And i would use it when i hit hero class if again i didn't need to bring in support.  I would be more than a little disgusted if the usability got changed to something else.

I understand and I approve the fact that people need to help each other, it's not "bad" that they can bring it in, but why can't a Royal Guard do so? It's not like it was a request for Commando, I understand commandos have too many shield options, but this is different, it's the main shielding class in the mod and HERO (Royal guard), it is somehow ridiculous not to see anything between aegis and the 20m+ shields plus the fact that they can't bring it in. That's just my whole point.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Sargent Q - 21-09-2016

The difference in price is ENTIRELY up to the community. That is not something the devs have ever tried to govern for legendary's. And RG have access to the MOST shields in game. In fact i can only come up with 2 it can't use. Swadian Half Board Shield and Tower shield. It has access to 4 legendary shields, The price of which is entirely up to the community. Compared to even Pavise which has 2. Or Sharpshooter which has 3 Viable shields period.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - DR. - 21-09-2016

To add to what Q said it like if you wanted all armor in the game to be usable by rg as it the "armor" class. It would be realistic but that's not how this game is.

Think of it like that if you must some things are made for that class look at Thanos Legacy and Ornate Crusader Helmet basicly the same thing but made for 2 diffent classes.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - bluzark - 21-09-2016

Tower Shield is a Sharpshooter exclusive, it has always been like that why change it.
It used to be more expensive but it dropped in price thanks to a lot of new legendary shields that are only usable by commando (apart from SoK).
If you want to shield that much and you like shielding, then make a Pavise.
But don't forgot you also need to worry about a buying crossbow, bolts, a shield and a one hander.
While as a RG you only need to worry about two of those. Giving you more options to buy a more expensive shield.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Winter - 21-09-2016

Just to end any argument now, the Tower Shield will remain for Sharpshooter, not Royal Guard.