NordInvasion Forum
The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43723)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - LordChaos - 21-09-2016

(21-09-2016, 04:21 PM)Sargent Q Wrote: The difference in price is ENTIRELY up to the community.  That is not something the devs have ever tried to govern for legendary's.  And RG have access to the MOST shields in game.  In fact i can only come up with 2 it can't use.  Swadian Half Board Shield and Tower shield.  It has access to 4 legendary shields,  The price of which is entirely up to the community.  Compared to even Pavise which has 2.  Or Sharpshooter which has 3 Viable shields period.

I know that the price depends of the community, but why is it so high? Because there are no transitionnal item between them, Bulwark and Imprevious has really good stats, even if you would compare it to the SoK.

As for the fact that commando can use so many shields doesn't make sense to me, I understand the craftable could be, or that another small legendary shield could be (imprevious for example), but Bulwark, SoK and Phoenix should DEFINETLY BE RG/Pavise locked or eventually Commando hero + Pavise locked . Like clearly why would a commando have so many advantages compared to the sharpshooter (shieldwise), are they shielder? No but they are supposed to have some shields, well give them the craftables and 1 legendary so it would put them in the same state as the sharpshooter. 

"But sharpshooters have the ability of using crossbows, they're not melee etc". Well Commandos are melee, alright, but why would you allow a non hero class so many advantages? I mean, the amount of avaible legendaries and craftables just for commandos is just ridiculous. They have access to better armours as they are supposed to be tankier, better 2 handed weapons as they are supposed to slash, skills in polearms aswell (because it's logical), decent amount of health, and the speed overall is fine and if you get legionnaire hero, you get some fast crazy ass weapons. 

So I aggree with the fact that one lower tier class should be able to help its heroes if it can, but please, I understand that a lot of people play infantry, but the time were hybrids were kinda a thing is over anyway, there are a few left, but seriously, who's not actually going hero after all the nerfs?

And what's the actual merit to be a hero in the end if anyone with a lower tier class could access the same gear ? It doesn't make any sense to me honestly, ok there might be the efficiency of using a certain item, but how many guys are not sharing their gears just to show off? Honestly, how many guys with a bulwark on the back don't approve to share their gear for exemple? It's just crazy honestly because I don't understand how efficient is that bulwark on the back of "that" guy, but it's surely damn good. 

So, why would a commando have access to end tier gear and in the meantime, and a hero not have access to a shield, because he's a shielder ?  Huh

(21-09-2016, 04:31 PM)bluzark Wrote: Tower Shield is a Sharpshooter exclusive, it has always been like that why change it.
It used to be more expensive but it dropped in price thanks to a lot of new legendary shields that are only usable by commando (apart from SoK).
If you want to shield that much and you like shielding, then make a Pavise.
But don't forgot you also need to worry about a buying crossbow, bolts, a shield and a one hander.
While as a RG you only need to worry about two of those. Giving you more options to buy a more expensive shield.

I like shielding, but I don't like the crossbowman class, why would I have to grind a char or respec a character to use a particular shield, and wear armor I don't like? lol + I like the melee more than ranged, I've tried archer, I don't enjoy it that much (ping issues), which is why I also dropped my marauder.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Winter - 21-09-2016

(21-09-2016, 07:37 PM)LordChaos Wrote: So, why would a commando have access to end tier gear and in the meantime, and a hero not have access to a shield, because he's a shielder ?  Huh

The argument that the hero does not have access to the shield because he is a shielder implies that the others do have access to it. They actually all don't have access to the shield because they are not crossbowmen and have plenty of shields of their own.

No more arguments on the subject, please. The case is closed. It is time to move on to other things.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - LordChaos - 21-09-2016

(21-09-2016, 07:44 PM)Winter Wrote:
(21-09-2016, 07:37 PM)LordChaos Wrote: So, why would a commando have access to end tier gear and in the meantime, and a hero not have access to a shield, because he's a shielder ?  Huh

The argument that the hero does not have access to the shield because he is a shielder implies that the others do have access to it.  They actually all don't have access to the shield because they are not crossbowmen and have plenty of shields of their own.

No more arguments on the subject, please.  The case is closed.  It is time to move on to other things.

Didn't see your post as I was replying :p. My bad Smile.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - DR. - 28-09-2016

The 3 xbow heros getting a buff from Power throw 1 -->Power throw 2 so i don't need to get any of the other 9 heroes to pick up db twigs etc when doing cades.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - ON_Glenn - 28-09-2016

Maybe a remodel for the zephyrs? I mean alot of people think they are ugly and for the best arrows ingame they should have a better model. Like black arrows had before.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Winter - 28-09-2016

(28-09-2016, 05:10 PM)ON_Glenn Wrote: Maybe a remodel for the zephyrs? I mean alot of people think they are ugly and for the best arrows ingame they should have a better model. Like black arrows had before.

This is more of a numbers discussion thread, but sure.  I wouldn't mind seeing the model tweaked a bit.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - DR. - 01-10-2016

Been using eagle and dead shot for some days now and i think dead shot could use a change maybe ?

What i'm saying is a small buff like adding knock down like big shot (not sure if that does any damage but sure looks cool and helpful if you're a good aim)

Why i think it needs a change is on Cm the class to use dead shot even on rag you can 1 shot a lot and i mean most with eagle and onyx making dead shot only good for well what 10ish bots and boss's. (not including cav)

If a buff is a no go maybe a change would be get the eagle and pen and use the best stats on them.
Speed Rating 42 (eagle)
Thrust Damage 145 (pen)
Shoot Speed 73-75 it at 75 atm
Accuracy 110-115 it at 115 atm

(28-09-2016, 06:48 AM)Woody Wrote: The 3 xbow heros getting a buff from Power throw 1 -->Power throw 2 so i don't need to get any of the other 9 heroes to pick up db twigs etc when doing cades.

Bring Back Bump

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Malong - 06-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 12:44 PM)Woody Wrote: If a buff is a no go maybe a change would be get the eagle and pen and use the best stats on them.
Speed Rating 42 (eagle)
Thrust Damage 145 (pen)
Shoot Speed 73-75 it at 75 atm
Accuracy 110-115 it at 115 atm
I suggested just giving Dead Shot the speed of Eagle Crossbow during an official event a while (~1 year) ago. The response was "that could be a fun idea," but nothing came of it. Revisiting Dead Shot, having a clearly superior hero-locked weapon doesn't seem to be a problem, while leaving Eagle vs Penetrator as a decision/discussion for other Sharpshooters.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - DR. - 06-10-2016

(06-10-2016, 03:20 PM)Malong Wrote: I suggested just giving Dead Shot the speed of Eagle Crossbow during an official event a while (~1 year) ago. The response was "that could be a fun idea," but nothing came of it. Revisiting Dead Shot, having a clearly superior hero-locked weapon doesn't seem to be a problem, while leaving Eagle vs Penetrator as a decision/discussion for other Sharpshooters.

Stuff like Stag vs Typhoon were one being class lock but it better in every way and there also Durendal vs Legacy being about the same to people in stats

Seeing the community has already put dead shot more than eagle in price just from that it should be better than eagle in every way you could argue

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Qrvishon_ - 06-10-2016

In my opinion Chosen Marksman needs some love, he has only few unique items that he can use. items for him. Not even unique armor. Only one legendary crossbow is for him: Deadshot, which should get good buffs casue now it isn't best crossbow. Another bad thing is after getting hero you can use only 2 craftable crossbow! You get only 2! Bigshot and Eastern reapeter which is useless becasue even Pavise can use Ailadrodd. So that doesn't even gets him a good legendary reapeter crossbow casue normal Sharpshooter can use Ailadrodd. So what does the Chosen Marksman needs?

First thing: Crossbows! Ofcourse! More legendary crossbows,more craftable crossbows that make Chosen Marksman better than Pavise. Crossbows is his main weapon! That is why he is different from Pavise. This is what should make him distinguished. For example crossbow that can shoot 3 bolts, or something like that. It doesn't even needs to be new,exotic ideas. You can even add more crossbows like now but jsut for him.

Second thing: Bolts!

Third thing: Power Strike +2, not +1. Crossbow +60 instead of +30 and Athletics +3.

Also maybe a Helmet and armor.

Please show some love to Crossbowmans <3