NordInvasion Forum
The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43723)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Shadowknight - 06-10-2016

(06-10-2016, 03:57 PM)Qrvishon_ Wrote: In my opinion Chosen Marksman needs some love, he has only few unique items that he can use. items for him.  Not even unique armor. Only one legendary crossbow is for him: Deadshot, which should get good buffs casue now it isn't best crossbow. Another bad thing is after getting hero you can use only 2 craftable crossbow! You get only 2! Bigshot and Eastern reapeter which is useless becasue even Pavise can use Ailadrodd. So that doesn't even gets him a good legendary reapeter crossbow casue normal Sharpshooter can use Ailadrodd. So what does the Chosen Marksman needs?

First thing: Crossbows! Ofcourse! More legendary crossbows,more craftable crossbows that make Chosen Marksman better than Pavise. Crossbows is his main weapon! That is why he is different from Pavise. This is what should make him distinguished. For example crossbow that can shoot 3 bolts, or something like that. It doesn't even needs to be new,exotic ideas. You can even add more crossbows like now but jsut for him.

Second thing: Bolts!

Third thing: Power Strike +2, not +1. Crossbow +60 instead of +30 and Athletics +3.

Also maybe a Helmet and armor.

Please show some love to Crossbowmans <3
Because everyone obviously ownes an Ailadrodd. In my opninion the class is fine in its current state.
For most people the estern repeater and the slightly increased crossbow skill is already reason enough to go CM.
Adding even more craftable items is kinda pointless and would just increase the material price as already mentioned in another thread.
Cant say much about the Deadshot part because i never realy used one.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Qrvishon_ - 06-10-2016

Well, correct me if I am wrong but there is only 1 Ailadrodd in game. My point is it's useless to get CM casue you still have a chance for better crossbow than Eastern without spending gold on CM.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Shadowknight - 06-10-2016

(06-10-2016, 06:07 PM)Qrvishon_ Wrote: Well, correct me if I am wrong but there is only 1 Ailadrodd in game. My point is it's useless to get CM casue you still have a chance for better crossbow than Eastern without spending gold on CM.
Seems like my sarcasm wasnt obvious enough.
Not going CM because you think that you are going to recieve an Ailadrodd sounds pointless to me.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Sargent Q - 06-10-2016

(06-10-2016, 06:07 PM)Qrvishon_ Wrote: Well, correct me if I am wrong but there is only 1 Ailadrodd in game. My point is it's useless to get CM casue you still have a chance for better crossbow than Eastern without spending gold on CM.

There is in fact 1 in game. And i fail to see why this aids your point. We are NOT selling it at all so until another one drops no one can get it. Therefore the eastern repeater is still the best one people can get.

I do agree that the Deadshot should be better than the eagle period.

Who says that there aren't bolts for CM like there are Arrows for Warden? They may be out there and just not found.

Nor do i see the point in armor for CM. That would be like adding armor for Warden only.

Absolutely NO to a stat increase for CM. that would put it FAR to close to Aventurier. Like Aventurier would only have 35 1 handed over CM. You are complaining that CM is to close to Pavise and than you turn around and try to completely destroy the least played hero of the 3.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - LordChaos - 06-10-2016

(06-10-2016, 06:24 PM)Sargent Q Wrote:

There is in fact 1 in game.  And i fail to see why this aids your point.  We are NOT selling it at all so until another one drops no one can get it.  Therefore the eastern repeater is still the best one people can get.  

I do agree that the Deadshot should be better than the eagle period.

Who says that there aren't bolts for CM like there are Arrows for Warden?  They may be out there and just not found.

Nor do i see the point in armor for CM.  That would be like adding armor for Warden only.

Absolutely NO to a stat increase for CM.  that would put it FAR to close to Aventurier.  Like Aventurier would only have 35 1 handed over CM.  You are complaining that CM is to close to Pavise and than you turn around and try to completely destroy the least played hero of the 3.

Is aventurier even still a thing? I mean if you compare it to the 2 other heroes, it seems "pointless", or am I wrong? I don't know xbows that much if someone can explain what are the true advantages of aventurier?

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Sargent Q - 06-10-2016

It is still a thing. I went it for the 1 handed skill. The point of aventurier is the One Handed skill (And maybe the few swords that it can bring). Its like Sentinel is for Sniper. I like having the option to fight guys in melee, Even guys like Trickster's. So thus why i went it.

But like i said, Its the least popular option for Crossbow and possibly one of the least popular heros in game total.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - CaptOle - 06-10-2016

I definitely agree that the CM should get some TLC. I have two crossbow heroes, a Chosen Marksman, and a Pavise Champion. Apart from hero locked items, which there are not many of for CM, there is next to no reason to use the Chosen Marksman. The speed bonus is next to, if not completely negligible for the use of crossbows for CM. Besides that, the Pavise has better Melee, Armor, Shielding, and is a much more well rounded and effective class. I own an Eastern Repeater, but even that is not enough for me to go from Pavise to CM.

To make Chosen Marksman more effective and fit its niche better, I would recommend adding +80 for crossbow skill and possibly lowering the accuracy for the eastern repeater to counteract it for when other classes pick it up. This is because the bonus for the use of crossbows with increased proficiency is not very noticeable compared to the use of bows and throwing with increased proficiency. Even though this increase may sound like a lot, please remember that the CM does not have the best: shielding, armor, melee capabilities, melee weapons and speed compared to the two other classes. The Chosen Marksman is better at one thing only: shooting skill. As such, if the CM would be more a juggernaut in that regard, it would have more of a niche on the battlefield and be more on par with the stat increases of the other hero classes.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - LordChaos - 06-10-2016

(06-10-2016, 08:21 PM)Sargent Q Wrote: It is still a thing.  I went it for the 1 handed skill.  The point of aventurier is the One Handed skill (And maybe the few swords that it can bring).  Its like Sentinel is for Sniper.  I like having the option to fight guys in melee,  Even guys like Trickster's.  So thus why i went it.

But like i said,  Its the least popular option for Crossbow and possibly one of the least popular heros in game total.

So why not eventually buff the aventurier in the 2 handed skill aswell? I don't see why this would be an issue if it's actually not having any real advantage beside some skill in 1handed which doesn't give that much option. Or at least to buff its shielding (if it's not the case, I would be glad to see its stats posted to compare) so it could be a good replacer shielder. It should be the third best hero to shield in my opinion as the 1 handed skill doesn't provide that much options meanwhile Legionnaire has the ability to use a lot of throwables +1 h +shielding as backup.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - DR. - 07-10-2016

(23-11-2015, 03:05 PM)Woody Wrote: The only class i can think of that needs a boost is Aventurier it should get Power strike of 8 as Pavise Champion has the same atm

I still think that.

8 the same as leg

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Winter - 07-10-2016

(07-10-2016, 02:13 AM)Woody Wrote:
(23-11-2015, 03:05 PM)Woody Wrote: The only class i can think of that needs a boost is Aventurier it should get Power strike of 8 as Pavise Champion has the same atm

I still think that.

8 the same as leg

Done. Sentinel also got one.