NordInvasion Forum
Hero choice advice - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Strategies and Guides (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Crossbowman (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: Hero choice advice (/showthread.php?tid=60129)

Hero choice advice - _Ace - 31-03-2017

Just reached 52 on my Sharpshooter. Looking for advice around hero.

How much difference does the +30 xbow make for CM, compared to the significant wider skill increases that PC gets - all of which seem useful for general game play especially power strike and ironflesh.

In terms of equipment - is there a definitive list since the 1.5.0 has made things hero locked?   It FEELS like CM has a greater range but the PC range is good enough and the real issue is that the very best xbows are 20M plus, so not relevant for a long time.

So in terms of equipment
arbalest -> sharpthorn or repeater -> legendary eventually is fine

so .. leaning towards PC, but wanted advice Smile

thanks

RE: Hero choice advice - Coconut - 31-03-2017

Sharpthorn is really nice on rag, it's pinpoint on all heroes not just chosen and it usually takes the same amount of headshots to kill a rag ranged nord that a legendary xbow does.

Eastern repeater is also really nice. I would say pavise is the class I've used the most, you get extra 2 ironflesh than chosen, 1 more power strike and you have 9 shielding so if your team needs one you can jump in.

RE: Hero choice advice - Narvad - 31-03-2017

+30 increase in proficiencies will give you +4,5% damage bonus, and about ~2% increased attack speed(not sure about the delay between shots on repeaters, probably just reload speed). Which is kinda mediocre.
Also a bit of accuracy.

Chosing hero for sharpshooter is mostly about getting additional available weapons to bring in the game as CM, or bring good shield and use it efficiently as Pavise Champion(second best in the game after royal guard).

If you don't have much wealth, you probably should consider going after skills when choosing hero, not for the range of weapons they give access to. Anyway, you can use any weapon that other players bring(and usually it's something like ailadrood).
Secondly, it's a gameplay choise. If you very rarely defending, and don't like this playstyle, there's no point to going into PC. With this setup even Aventurier becomes an alternative. Wink

(31-03-2017, 02:59 PM)Sargent Q Wrote: Narvad,  Crossbow skill gives 0 damage increase.  Only to reload speed and accuracy.  Its the only weapon class that has a fixed weapon damage.  Its also why crossbows have so much more damage than all the other weapon classes.
(31-03-2017, 03:02 PM)Looter Wrote: Except for the crossbow skill, damage for crossbows is always consistent with the item itself not the user.
Alright, missed that. Thanks for the amendment.

RE: Hero choice advice - DR. - 31-03-2017

Pc had a "buff" that black armor was 6m ish and 68 armor now it the same crafting as guardian (64 armor 10m+). So Pc lost a bit to people in the update 1.5 but In 1.3 or 1.4 it got a buff in stats so take that as you will. Add that tower is still cheep as shit and Aegis Shield even more so you have a class that can do almost it all.

Well Cm has not changed much in years so i dont see much point unless you want a CM locked xbow but Cm i feel dose help if you have a slow xbow (less than 35 speed ish) and i think all of the slow ones are Cm anyway. 

Avent is good if you plan to make a Zwei or Rg and not Leg. If you have Leg the point of Sent and Avent is almost 0 but the class's still is fun and maybe better in sum small cases like normal the point of a xbow is almost 0 till like w12+)

I have always liked have liked Pc more than the other 2 as a Dead Shot and a Rebellion you can pick up and armor/stats (Ironflesh) you can't.

RE: Hero choice advice - _Ace - 31-03-2017

Thank you all for the advice - very useful to get the detail and the experience of different hero's and xbows Smile

Going to go Pavise - see you on the battelfield

RE: Hero choice advice - Sargent Q - 31-03-2017

Narvad, Crossbow skill gives 0 damage increase. Only to reload speed and accuracy. Its the only weapon class that has a fixed weapon damage. Its also why crossbows have so much more damage than all the other weapon classes.

As for hero, My personal favorite is Aventurier. I love being able to handle myself in melee against any bot that you could be expected to on any class. I can deal with trickster that teleport in onto me while peeking. As well as deal with almost all of the non bosses bots.

RE: Hero choice advice - Looter - 31-03-2017

(31-03-2017, 10:53 AM)Narvad Wrote: +30 increase in proficiencies will give you +4,5% damage bonus, and about ~2% increased attack speed(not sure about the delay between shots on repeaters, probably just reload speed). Which is kinda mediocre.
Also a bit of accuracy.
Except for the crossbow skill, damage for crossbows is always consistent with the item itself not the user.

Q ninja'd me

RE: Hero choice advice - Malong - 31-03-2017

Your signature says you already have a Royal Guard and Legionnaire. Chosen Marksman seems best in this scenario.

RE: Hero choice advice - bluzark - 31-03-2017

As PCK said if you already have a RG I would go for CM. The Eastern Repeater made this class my second main.

RE: Hero choice advice - Rezev - 31-03-2017

If you don't have much gold, go for CM (Elegant xbow is decent wep, later you can go for Repeaters/Big Shot).
If you are rich person go for Pavise (shield is additional cost and you still need crossbow to shot; so instead of 1 item you have to buy 2).

*I played as PC and CM and I must say:
Pavise higher Ironflesh and power strike makes a difference.
As CM, I reload crossbows a bit faster (compared Arbalest reloading as PC and CM) and it's noticeable (at least for me).