NordInvasion Forum
Clan Cameron [EU/NA] lvl 32+ - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Houses & Marketplace (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Houses (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Recruitment (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=98)
+---- Thread: Clan Cameron [EU/NA] lvl 32+ (/showthread.php?tid=602)

Re: Clan Cameron [EU] lvl 14+ - HOS_Rai_Rai - 10-09-2012

(10-09-2012, 02:39 PM)Jalau link Wrote: Sorr for playing not a few days NI but i played day z Wink

+1  ;D

Re: Clan Cameron [EU] lvl 14+ - King Hot Dog - 10-09-2012

when will recruitment be open again as I have two friends who would like to join?

Re: Clan Cameron [EU] lvl 14+ - Doctor_Death - 10-09-2012

(10-09-2012, 04:47 PM)King_Hot_Dog link Wrote: when will recruitment be open again as I have two friends who would like to join?

me too  ;D

Re: Clan Cameron [EU] lvl 14+ - Tarimoth - 11-09-2012

If it does reopen, it'l be soon Wink I've been busy doing things irl, too busy to plan a meeting with the sergeants again. It'l happen as soon as I can manage, trust me.

Re: Clan Cameron [EU] lvl 14+ - Gashy - 11-09-2012

(10-09-2012, 10:04 AM)Tarimoth link Wrote: Understood, thank you for letting know about it!

Gashy, I havn't ignored your comment - I just needed to discuss it with a member first. The reason that we have not yet gotten a channel in the official teamspeak is because we simply have not had the need. At all, so far. All members know our current TS address, and since it is mostly used for events, it seems relevant to have a clan-specific teamspeak. For casual teamplay, taking part in the ordinary, server-bound channels in NI's address has allways been enough Smile

Thanks for the response, and I understand the motive behind your answer.

Perhaps I'm totally crazy, but I simply feel that not alot of non CC players are going to care enough to memorize/use your channel.
All of CC may know your channel's address, but all of NI knows the alternative. (It's not even like the address should factor in the decision, as this information is automatically saved)

But those are just my two cents  :Smile

Aye I understand why, and have thought about what you said, truly Smile My basic point is that... when we're not casual playing, which we do on the official NI teamspeak - we usually simlpy don't need to have a direct contact with the rest of the playerbase. Although I gladly admit, it would help when we need to call in non-house-members for events from time to time.

We might get one setup some time in the future, but as it is, we're more than busy enough with the question on whether to recruit or not, and all the implications Smile

Re: Clan Cameron [EU] lvl 14+ - Ragnash - 11-09-2012

I might just butt in for a second and say, yes, I see your point Tarimoth. But, CC has 3(?) admins. If a player is on TS and needs to speak to an admin they are playing with, they can't join CC's TS to do that (not without the information). Plus Gashy has a point in saying that splitting the community isn't a great idea either.

Anywho, you can do whatever you want. But it might be a good idea to have a developer give CC a NI TS channel anyway, and let your players know and just see if they want to use it or not.

Yes, 'tis true. Guess I can only say that our admins (myself included) can be found on IRC when needed. And don't get me wrong, we do use the official TS Smile The only splitting up happens during events, where our members are honestly too busy to switch to other servers, or talk to someone instead of writing to them ingame (which is what TS is used for during random play on regular servers).

If the devs were to give us our own channel in NI's TS, ofcourse we'd take it into use Smile

Re: Clan Cameron [EU] lvl 14+ - Kip - 11-09-2012

Besides the reasons already discussed, one reason the official TS might be a good idea is that we will not have that screaming guy coming into our channel.

Re: Clan Cameron [EU] lvl 14+ - Hypernoma - 11-09-2012

And so it was born