NordInvasion Forum
1.6.0 Client Release - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: News (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News & Updates (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 1.6.0 Client Release (/showthread.php?tid=61147)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - Winter - 16-05-2017

(16-05-2017, 04:27 AM)Woody Wrote: Is Mjolnir meant to not have crush through in 1h mode? I think Harbinger still has it in 1h mode? 
Yes it is meant to be.  No, Harbinger does not have crushthrough in 1h (or at all, for that matter).

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - TerrorBite - 16-05-2017

It seems the only reason someone would want to go hoplite is to use the pikeman + shield combo, which is only really useful in open maps.

Now in order to make hoplites useful in open map they need something going for them, it seems that thing is high dmg + fast shield + strong shield so they can hide in corner if caught out.

So far it seems mp or halb is better in these situations anyway because hoplite is the only pikeman t5 without 10 ath (8). Regarding kiting with throwing, a weak shield is sufficient to take in enemy projectiles, but people already choose the extra slot for more projectiles than picking up a shield to kite with, so kiting with projectiles is pointless if hoplite.

This leaves open fighting with melee as the only remaining use of hoplites.

They currently have high dmg going for them, the issue is if their polearms are better off used behind cades without shields, then it'll be like the alien rod where 1 person spawns it in and everyone drops their weapon to use it (also making marauder useless). So unless it is made only usable with shield it should possibly be nerfed.

So now we have an avg dmg slasher with only decent WPF, t4 thrower, t4 movement speed, avg armour, avg shields where its hard to find a use for anyway...
To help compensate i think the dmg reduction removal with 149 reach or w/e might help, but still doesn't give them a use.

I suggest hoplites are given +10 athletics and/or ultra light armour. This way in the open field they should be able to fight/kite and not let the enemy too close where polearm+shield feels like you're using a t2 weapon, but be able to backpeddle many waves, or even swap between backpeddling and running to maintain a good distance. For this it'd be nice to have ultra long polearms (~300 reach) of avg dmg whiuch can be used with shields (which wouldnt be op behind cades) as well as shorter (~120 reach?) weapons that do much higher dmg but cant be used to slash effectively when the enemy gets closer. 
This speed would also make hoplites useful at throwing kiting, where the shield 'may' be dropped.
If you want the shield used more maybe also make them massive (in invisible size even) to be useful from enemy projectiles. If high ath makes throwing kiting op they could even lose power throw i guess, otherwise this might be an opportunity have a class which could solo/kite wave 5 on rag.
If you don't want them kiting without shields you can just take away from armour options so they're stuck with ultra light, low protection armour, so they need a shield ready to ensure any projectile doesn't hit them or they're pretty much screwed.

Saying all this i dont have a hoplite and i have no clue what im talking about so i may be completely wrong XP

I like how we have people simultaneously complaining that they are underpowered and overpowered.

Athletics caps out at 10.

Someone please, please make the class before typing out an essay.

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - TerrorBite - 16-05-2017

but its easier to type essays than to try out stuff  Smile
idk how the cav mode guys run fast but they do so im sure there are ways

(16-05-2017, 06:45 AM)TerrorBite Wrote: but its easier to type essays than to try out stuff  Smile
idk how the cav mode guys run fast but they do so im sure there are ways

That does not mean we want to implement said ways.  We do not want to put any of those types of stats above 10.

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - Narvad - 16-05-2017

(16-05-2017, 06:23 AM)TerrorBite Wrote: It seems the only reason someone would want to go hoplite is to use the pikeman + shield combo, which is only really useful in open maps.
What does mean "open maps" ?
Hoplits can shield as good as infantry hero classes, except RG. Even if you don't like stats of hoplit shields 45/1250(resistance/hp) or 48/1650, you can always pick up better one from the ground.
But they should be substituted with infantry(zwei/legio/jugg) in shield"wall", if there's one.

Quote:They currently have high dmg going for them, the issue is if their polearms are better off used behind cades without shields, then it'll be like the alien rod where 1 person spawns it in and everyone drops their weapon to use it (also making marauder useless).
Marauder is still superior by ~6% damage and ~2,5% speed per hit with melee weapon with current stats. And they are not only mangler-bringers. :]

Quote:I suggest hoplites are given +10 athletics and/or ultra light armour.
I'm playing often as warden/marauder. 2 athletic difference is not much(almost nothing, even with daggers loadout), aswell as armour, which is already light enough. Beside, you can always switch to godlike redshirt.

Quote:For this it'd be nice to have ultra long polearms (~300 reach) of avg dmg whiuch can be used with shields
It wouldn't work very well, not to mention that holding long weapons gives penalty to running speed.

Quote:idk how the cav mode guys run fast but they do so im sure there are ways
Agility increases running speed.

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - Kaasovic - 16-05-2017

You'll learn by trying, isn't that how you achieved your first steps as a child.

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - Deerpig - 16-05-2017

(16-05-2017, 06:50 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: You'll learn by trying, isn't that how you achieved your first steps as a child.

There's no need to brag about your own personal achievement as a child. Some of us aren't as brave as you and are still working things out.

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - Narvad - 16-05-2017

Btw, does partizan is meant to have 93 speed in second(stab) mode?
It got buffed by +2 speed in 1.5.0 patch, but seems like only "slash" mode is got that additional speed.

(16-05-2017, 06:50 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: You'll learn by trying, isn't that how you achieved your first steps as a child.
When you grow up, you can learn by watching how someone's trying. Or even learn something without trying at all. Wink

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - Kaasovic - 16-05-2017

(16-05-2017, 07:00 AM)Deerpig Wrote:

There's no need to brag about your own personal achievement as a child. Some of us aren't as brave as you and are still working things out.

My apologies for assuming. Forgive me.