NordInvasion Forum
1.6.0 Client Release - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: News (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News & Updates (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 1.6.0 Client Release (/showthread.php?tid=61147)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - TerrorBite - 16-05-2017

cbf using quotes so yeah...
by open maps i meant actually meant any fighting that isnt slashing Big Grin like kiting and stuff
normally we see a lot of inf and crossbowmen so pikeman shielding is kinda meh, the class needs something more than that.

im saying marauders would be pointless if hoplites have higher dps with op polearms behind cades

t4 pikeman isnt fast enough to melee kite anything other than normal mode so if there speed balance was used which it seems it wont, it needs whatever speed it can get.
the penalty with long polearms can be countered with ^ anyway, and if you're fast enough 300 reach + shield can work just as well as i can backpeddle with sarissa and switch to shorter weapon when they get closer. only difference is itll be with a shield.

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - Narvad - 16-05-2017

(16-05-2017, 07:30 AM)TerrorBite Wrote: by open maps i meant actually meant any fighting that isnt slashing Big Grin like kiting and stuff
normally we see a lot of inf and crossbowmen so pikeman shielding is kinda meh, the class needs something more than that.

im saying marauders would be pointless if hoplites have higher dps with op polearms behind cades

t4 pikeman isnt fast enough to melee kite anything other than normal mode so if there speed balance was used which it seems it wont, it needs whatever speed it can get.
the penalty with long polearms can be countered with ^ anyway, and if you're fast enough 300 reach + shield can work just as well as i can backpeddle with sarissa and switch to shorter weapon when they get closer. only difference is itll be with a shield.
If you want to kite, probably better pick up another class.
I'm pretty sure there's no class that can "melee kite" bots. You can try with jormunganrd(marketplace pike maybe) + red shirt. But i can already tell you that your hits will be blocked(since you need to get bots close, so they will lock their weapon getting ready to hit), and bots gonna chase you at the same moment. You can hit one, but the second will strike in your back anyway.
Even if you hide weapon, the act of hiding probably decreases speed even more.
Shield is works against numbered opponents or against projectiles. If you get at least 2 bots on you, you can't melee kite. If you turn back running away, you can't catch projectiles(mostly).
Shield on back doesn't protects from projectiles, but adds some bonus armour to yours.

Hoplite gives opportunity to change pikeman gameplay. While you want another marauder with shield and ultraspeed speed so bots will never catch you.

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - TerrorBite - 16-05-2017

well more that atm mp can kite using hitting/stunning enemies from far away to keep a good distance. with a polearm its a more delicate balance but thats kinda what i assumed hoplite would be made for. im kinda curious as to what hoplite really is if it isnt made for fighting in the open? there is already a thrower, slasher, and heavy (inbetween). What makes hoplite worthwhile and when is the shield useful other than backup shielding?

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - DR. - 16-05-2017

Efs(9w + etc) + Jorm + Tr4 (so not even Mara) + 0 ammo have "kitted" w15 normal 1 year ago. Kiting is more about skill at the 2m+ mark for pike gear. 

Bots are stupid in Ni and will follow a path so you with a keyboard can go anywhere... Look up race lines or even better play racing games for years and that person would be a better than someone coming from csgo i would bet just about.

Kiting does not need to be any easier otherwise people with skill will have no challenge at all and will abuse it even more...

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - Kriegstofu - 16-05-2017

(16-05-2017, 08:17 AM)Woody Wrote: Look up race lines or even better play racing games for years and that person would be a better than someone coming from csgo i would bet just about.

Kiting does not need to be any easier otherwise people with skill will have no challenge at all and will abuse it even more...

this exactly. this is how people with a very bad ping can be on top of the leaderboards sometimes. not by aiming on the enemies but shooting/spamming into the walking route at head height

edit: i just tought this out for a moment: how about adding some head armor to the juggernaughts  body armors (like +3 head armor for marketplace +5 for crafted +7 for housecrafted and +9head armor on defender body  armor)

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - Coconut - 16-05-2017

Does wormbane get a 1h mode as well? dont see it in the notes

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - Narvad - 16-05-2017

(16-05-2017, 04:02 PM)Coconut Wrote: Does wormbane get a 1h mode as well? dont see it in the notes
Because it didn't.

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - DR. - 17-05-2017

"Sentry: - As an added bonus, lighter, faster swords have been developed that can also be switched into a second mode where soldiers can perform overhead stabs."

Any chance that Zwei can use them as well?? and can some Zwei 2hs be used by Sentry if some people like a slower/longer 2h 

Legacy i see as the Zwei 2h so maybe just keep that for prue Zwei toy?

Or do we need to wait for a 2h for Zwei with 2 second mode.

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - Narvad - 17-05-2017

(15-05-2017, 01:55 AM)Winter Wrote: + Steel War Axe: 1.5 weight, 97 speed, 77 length, 44 cut, personal crafting (Steel Sword recipe)
On the website and in the game Speed is 94.

RE: 1.6.0 Client Release - Coconut - 19-05-2017

new hoplite class looks good

[Image: c2ade71c849d7349bf12f0a20df32b19.png]