NordInvasion Forum
Community Outreach - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: News (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News & Updates (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Community Outreach (/showthread.php?tid=61316)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Community Outreach - DR. - 18-06-2017

(17-06-2017, 05:37 PM)Malong Wrote:
(16-06-2017, 03:33 AM)Woody Wrote: I can't even buy a EK atm as the last 2-4 have sold out of game.. me offering almost 30m cash is getting outbid by people with thick wallets ... To me that says it's got 100% worse to the normal person.

Funny I thought it was the normal person that had the job, a disposable income, and little time to grind NI. Not until this thread did I learn that it was "normal" to play this game for 10000 hours. Thanks for that.
Funny I thought it was someone that did not play ni at all let alone most games. 
[Image: 4d0242b0c7f29e4f0cc2757e2b56cd49.png]

When I say normal I mean Avg if you must even tho with it's still "normal" meaning it still works.

So most people don't see a point in buying gear for a bot killing simulator let alone it would be similar to buying lvl ups in other games. So what are you saying most people in Ni buy gear now? vs being free to play.
Buying gear takes away the fun of it I would think for the avg player (I'm talking about going from 0-100+ etc) even if you are at the 250 mark buying gear should not be necessary.

RE: Community Outreach - Malong - 18-06-2017

(18-06-2017, 03:13 AM)Woody Wrote: Funny I thought it was someone that did not play ni at all let alone most games.

What?

(18-06-2017, 03:13 AM)Woody Wrote: When I say normal I mean Avg if you must even tho with it's still "normal" meaning it still works.

So most people don't see a point in buying gear for a bot killing simulator let alone it would be similar to buying lvl ups in other games. So what are you saying most people in Ni buy gear now? vs being free to play.
Buying gear takes away the fun of it I would think for the avg player (I'm talking about going from 0-100+ etc) even if you are at the 250 mark buying gear should not be necessary.

First, if you want to put it in mathematical terms for easy analysis, you would want to see how much money was spent on items in NI. Then at that point, you would mean the median amount spent. Second, you've never established that the expected amount of money spent by the median player is 0. Third, you probably didn't run a poll or find how much people have spent, nor calculated aggregates (standard deviation, margin of error). Finally, without actual statistics: the claim of what "the average player" does is just anecdotal evidence from anyone and their circle of acquaintances, which is the definition of confirmation bias.

No I am not saying most people in NI buy gear now. I don't know where or how you inferred that. But the link that it's difficult to buy an item with game gold to the fact that it's difficult for the average player is a stretch. There is very likely a simpler explanation (herp derp, it's now valued more highly than what you're offering).

RE: Community Outreach - DR. - 18-06-2017

(18-06-2017, 03:56 AM)Malong Wrote:
(18-06-2017, 03:13 AM)Woody Wrote: When I say normal I mean Avg if you must even tho with it's still "normal" meaning it still works.

First, if you want to put it in mathematical terms for easy analysis, you would want to see how much money was spent on items in NI. Then at that point, you would mean the median amount spent. Second, you've never established that the expected amount of money spent by the median player is 0. Third, you probably didn't run a poll or find how much people have spent, nor calculated aggregates (standard deviation, margin of error). Finally, without actual statistics: the claim of what "the average player" does is just anecdotal evidence from anyone and their circle of acquaintances, which is the definition of confirmation bias.

No I am not saying most people in NI buy gear now. I don't know where or how you inferred that. But the link that it's difficult to buy an item with game gold to the fact that it's difficult for the average player is a stretch. There is very likely a simpler explanation (herp derp, it's now valued more highly than what you're offering).
"I would think for the avg player" see how I put the "I would think" that phrase did not magically disappear from you reading what I said did it? 
The true statistics of it are not part of what i'm saying or suggesting having an intelligent guess does not hurt to talk about. 

The Ek was an example of the problem I am facing that others will too and that's selling in a market that's not the same as most people's market if that made sense and it should. 

RE: Community Outreach - Coconut - 18-06-2017

cts are good enough to solo hard x ddeee

RE: Community Outreach - Bobo - 18-06-2017

I like that attitude. This is how it was in the old days, with CTS you felt invincible and could have been kitting all day round.
You're right guys, the fun is in the grinding and the satisfaction comes from the amount of time and work put into getting another piece of gear.
It can be seen some players lose the motivation when they become reach and no more see a goal. They find the game boring then and leave.

Whoever buys himself the gear for real money strips himself of the fun the progression brings.

RE: Community Outreach - Coconut - 18-06-2017

nvm buy my gear

RE: Community Outreach - Malong - 18-06-2017

(18-06-2017, 04:45 AM)Woody Wrote: "I would think for the avg player" see how I put the "I would think" that phrase did not magically disappear from you reading what I said did it? 
The true statistics of it are not part of what i'm saying or suggesting having an intelligent guess does not hurt to talk about. 

Funny how that's immediately prefaced by a claim of "most people." Is this still an "intelligent guess:"

(18-06-2017, 04:45 AM)Woody Wrote: So most people don't see a point in buying gear for a bot killing simulator let alone it would be similar to buying lvl ups in other games. So what are you saying most people in Ni buy gear now? vs being free to play.

Second of all, what is an "intelligent guess" anyway? Is it any theory using the scientific method with any proof at all? Very unlikely. Incredibly likely that it's a "me and the people I know" statement or other such anecdotal evidence instead of any evidence of trends. Poll a random sampling of the player base and we can start to have a conversation. Until then, it's just you projecting yourself onto others.

(18-06-2017, 04:45 AM)Woody Wrote: The Ek was an example of the problem I am facing that others will too and that's selling in a market that's not the same as most people's market if that made sense and it should. 

#firstworldproblems. Anyway, how is this any different than the scenario of others owning items and being unwilling to sell (which causes prices to increase)? Stop flipping items for profits of virtual gold and you would have nearly every item in game.

RE: Community Outreach - DR. - 19-06-2017

[Image: b5092086397b0bcd26b3456521c6dc69.png]

An intelligent guess is used a lot in trades where they do the same job for a very long time and can guess how much they need etc. This is what make it an intelligent/educated guess vs a guess for a person that has no idea what they are talking about.

The number of hours I have played + The number of people I still talk to that still play NI and don't  + Other stuff.
This gives me an idea of some stats even tho no polls have not been run. This gives me an idea which what I would call an intelligent guess.

(18-06-2017, 05:14 PM)Malong Wrote: #firstworldproblems. Anyway, how is this any different than the scenario of others owning items and being unwilling to sell (which causes prices to increase)? Stop flipping items for profits of virtual gold and you would have nearly every item in game.

Because they are selling not keeping? and I have been in bid wars (Ni gold vs the might fine euro.)

RE: Community Outreach - TheBX - 19-06-2017

You guys should just argue over steam or something, it would save what's left of the community the hassle of reading and getting notifications.

RE: Community Outreach - glaive - 19-06-2017

(19-06-2017, 06:31 AM)Rufus Wrote: You guys should just argue over steam or something, it would save what's left of the community the hassle of reading and getting notifications.

Who needs to donate for servers when you can use that money to buy other people's gear.