NordInvasion Forum
Legendary Item Upgrades (Last Update: 24/3/2023) - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Houses & Marketplace (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Crafting (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: House Crafting (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: Legendary Item Upgrades (Last Update: 24/3/2023) (/showthread.php?tid=64598)

RE: Legendary Item Upgrades (Last Update: 3/9/2019) - PioPio - 17-09-2019

(17-09-2019, 01:31 PM)Never Wrote: [Image: ehm.png]

That's a nice legio

RE: Legendary Item Upgrades (Last Update: 3/9/2019) - DR. - 17-09-2019

Lots of upgrades made for Leg.

Hmm, I wonder anyone will regret any of this.

RE: Legendary Item Upgrades (Last Update: 3/9/2019) - Kriegstofu - 17-09-2019

POL (upgraded) should be lighter tho, shouldn't it?

RE: Legendary Item Upgrades (Last Update: 3/9/2019) - Julia. - 17-09-2019

(17-09-2019, 04:17 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: POL (upgraded) should be lighter tho, shouldn't it?

Normal has 16, so it is indeed lighter. Keep in mind its Zwei & Legio, thats why Milanese is still lighter (10 weight).

RE: Legendary Item Upgrades (Last Update: 3/9/2019) - Kriegstofu - 18-09-2019

(17-09-2019, 02:16 PM)Woody Wrote: Lots of upgrades made for Leg.

Why should they? any upcoming Leg. Nerf you know about and we don't?

RE: Legendary Item Upgrades (Last Update: 3/9/2019) - DR. - 18-09-2019

(18-09-2019, 07:23 AM)Kriegstofu Wrote:
(17-09-2019, 02:16 PM)Woody Wrote: Lots of upgrades made for Leg.

Why should they? any upcoming Leg. Nerf you know about and we don't?

The market putting most of the gold/mats in a few items is exactly what it means to put all of your eggs in one basket. 

If a nerf or buff basically if anything happens where people want to use different gear [Not 1 hero locked items] we will have a flood of gear like this on the market.

The safest upgrade would arguably be Wormbane given its atm usable by all.

A safe bet would be all hero items given if something happens to 1 of the heroes that can use it you have the other 3 heroes or vice versa. This point can be had with all orange items to a greater extent.  

The riskiest would be any of the popular heroes atm given a lot of people have already upgraded stuff like Exc, Rups, Typhoon etc...
If a nerf to this hero or a buff to others happen, people, will

A. Not want to play this hero as much as at a community level
or
B. Don't really want to play this hero at all given new meta like how some heroes are atm.

A. is a lot more likely but B is still possible.  

Most people just don't have the value to have mutable red 1 hero locked items. If more of the community wanted to play a greater extent of heroes they will be pushed to all heroes items or even orange. I don't expect all people to be like this even if this game rewarded heavily playing like this but its something to think about as it would only take a few changes to push some people to make a few more heroes. A few changes can affect the market maybe not for the common hero but the less played one.    

Now the greatest potential for something to go up in value by a lot would be upgrading something like Pride, Elegy, etc...
It's not the meta atm as other heroes/items just do the job better. Given small or big changes the popularity of items like this will go up drastically even if the player base of Sentry went up from 1% to 3% out of all heroes. That's a big change how much people want Pride and even a small change for how much people want stuff like Stag bow etc...

RE: Legendary Item Upgrades (Last Update: 3/9/2019) - Julia. - 18-09-2019

That might be true if you plan to sell your stuff you've just upgraded again at some point. On the other hand, if you want the best possible set you're best of with upgrading the item locked the least classes usable by that class. Otherwise you'll upgrade an item and then need to trade for it's better version and upgrade again or simply pay that upgrade if you get it over a trade.

I am fairly certain once you've tested diffrent classes and figured which one you actually like [or simply which ones you don't like], you can upgrade locked items pretty save for personal usage.

(18-09-2019, 10:02 AM)Julia. Wrote: That might be true if you plan to sell your stuff you've just upgraded again at some point. On the other hand, if you want the best possible set you're best of with upgrading the item locked the least classes usable by that class. Otherwise you'll upgrade an item and then need to trade for it's better version and upgrade again or simply pay that upgrade if you get it over a trade.

I am fairly certain once you've tested diffrent classes and figured which one you actually like [or simply which ones you don't like], you can upgrade locked items pretty save for personal usage.

It's still true even if you don't want to sell your stuff [atm]. 

The point is the reasons for playing the heroes you and others do is based on the stats of that hero vs others and on the meta [gameplay]. You may not want to sell them now but that's what most if not all people have said when upgrading things.

Opinions can change and updates on stats can change those opinions even faster.

RE: Legendary Item Upgrades (Last Update: 3/9/2019) - Julia. - 18-09-2019

(18-09-2019, 10:23 AM)Woody Wrote:
(18-09-2019, 10:02 AM)Julia. Wrote: That might be true if you plan to sell your stuff you've just upgraded again at some point. On the other hand, if you want the best possible set you're best of with upgrading the item locked the least classes usable by that class. Otherwise you'll upgrade an item and then need to trade for it's better version and upgrade again or simply pay that upgrade if you get it over a trade.

It's still true even if you don't want to sell your stuff [atm]. 

The point is the reasons for playing the heroes you and others do is based on the stats of that hero vs others and on the meta [gameplay]. You may not want to sell them now but that's what most if not all people have said when upgrading things.

Opinions can change and updates on stats can change those opinions even faster.

I personally had a change on Legio stats already. I didn't like it at first because things were different than before but I simply changed my playstyle a little and it worked out. Apparently others liked the change and started to play Legio - might also be due to the fact the best helmet is quite cheap to buy. I've had the feeling its seen as some sort of well-armored Pikeman by some players eventhou one could technically play Halb then and get some damage reduction on top.

Playing Archer or Pikeman [which I don't like due to polearms] turned out to be a no go for me, as I simply don't enjoy those classes. The possibility to use a 1h and be able to throw (and trowing was way worse as I leveled mine) was my reason to make one. I doubt they'll take throwing away just after adding Glory and Malice into the game so I am fairly certain I am on the safe side. For small stats changes... well I guess I will work sth out if it happens.

To sum it up I chose the hero due to weapon usabilty and not due to stats in general. I wouldn't say it's based on some meta [because that changed since I started to play it] or the actual stats [vs other heroes].

(18-09-2019, 10:44 AM)Julia. Wrote: I personally had a change on Legio stats already. I didn't like it at first because things were different than before but I simply changed my playstyle a little and it worked out. Apparently others liked the change and started to play Legio - might also be due to the fact the best helmet is quite cheap to buy. I've had the feeling its seen as some sort of well-armored Pikeman by some players eventhou one could technically play Halb then and get some damage reduction on top.

Some years ago Winter said we had more Griffon Bascinet than we had Legio. That's 100% a factor. 
It should have been made into an all heroes helm like Vals, Fearsome, etc... so the numbers would be less of a problem but it's to late now I guess.

I'm not going to go down this rabbit hole too much but other than normal heath Leg can just tank combat better than Halb atm...

(18-09-2019, 10:44 AM)Julia. Wrote: Playing Archer or Pikeman [which I don't like due to polearms] turned out to be a no go for me, as I simply don't enjoy those classes. The possibility to use a 1h and be able to throw (and trowing was way worse as I leveled mine) was my reason to make one. I doubt they'll take throwing away just after adding Glory and Malice into the game so I am fairly certain I am on the safe side. For small stats changes... well I guess I will work sth out if it happens.

To sum it up I chose the hero due to weapon usabilty and not due to stats in general. I wouldn't say it's based on some meta [because that changed since I started to play it] or the actual stats [vs other heroes].

I don't enjoy repeaterman so I can understand the main reasons to not like Pikeman or Sniper. 

Leg will always have good throwing but never the best. If you enjoy the throwing aspect of Leg then im sure you would like Mp. If you enjoy having good armour and throwing Halb... This can go on till I suggest classes like Sentinel.

Atm, you may dismiss Mp for some good reason saying its to low on armour and the + of having ok polearms is a meh to you but my question to you would be. 

At what point would you make a Halb as Its a lot closer to the idea of Leg than Mp. 
Would you need Halb to have the same throwing skill as Leg?
Would Leather Overmail/Thanos Legacy need to be comparable in stats to Gothic but more weight for the 10 damage reduction? 
Would you need Halb to have a special weapon to its name that, unlike anything we have atm? 

Idk at some point, you would rather play Halb than Leg and this goes for any hero. 

I enjoy Mara the most as playing a good "glass cannon" is just more fun to me. Knowing I could be dead in 3secs if that bot gets to me is a bigger rush than playing Jugg. Jugg does give me a rush but its more about let's see how much I can take. That rush is the fun factor and its the opposite when I play Repeaterman... 

This is offset by it having some things Zwei/no other class can do. Don't get me wrong Zwei was my 1st hero and does have things Mara cant do but like I said its the fun factor for me and some people.

Arguably the hero I like the idea of the most is Sentry for the same reasons I like Mara. The reward for playing this class atm is having 2h skill thats Jugg level and not Zwei+ for having the lowest armour ingame.

Ingame the argument could be made Legio is a better 2h slasher than Sentry given... extra hp, more armour, better 2hs, more 2hs, shields!. This is not adding why leg is even a class [2nd best throwing and best 1h skill].

My Favourite class is Mara but that could change in 1 update. The same could, in theory, happen to anyone over updates.