NordInvasion Forum
Pavise or Repeater? - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Strategies and Guides (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Crossbowman (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: Pavise or Repeater? (/showthread.php?tid=69303)

Pavise or Repeater? - Levito - 23-08-2018

I'm closing in on T5 for my Sharpshooter but I'm torn between Pavise Champion and Repeaterman. 

Are there any considerations for them that could push me to one side or the other? I know Pavise get access to Black Armour and Repeatermen obviously get Repeaters but I don't really know all that much about them.

Also, is the +30 Crossbow Prof. noticeable?

RE: Pavise or Repeater? - captain_floofy - 24-08-2018

I personally have a Pavise, but I don't have a repeater.

I went Pavise because there was a time when a run would fail without a shielder and so having a Pavise enabled me to play Xbow as well as shield when needed.  I have successfully shielded Rag runs so this is a very powerful skill being the second best shielder in the game.  You will also do decent in melee fights as a Pavise since you can access stronger armor and shields.  

Something some people overlook though is you only have 3 slots if you want to bring a support, which you should.  Meaning you can't spawn your shield, melee weapon, xbow, and bolts at the same time.  This means you need to change your gear between waves and loot your corpse on respawn but since people always like to take your gear and not give it back.  I often choose to not spawn bolts after the first wave as I should be able get some from my corpse,  just drop everything except your xbow and bolts then refill before respawning. Then you can be a solid team player and bring in a new shield and melee and xbow weapon in every spawn.

The Xbows the repeater has access to are very nice for DPS.  So since shielding is not really required at the moment I would say a repeater might be a better option.  You can shoot faster while still hitting pretty hard as an Xbowman.  Your xbows will also help inf much more when they need a ranged weapon since the rate of fire is faster on the repeater.  I will let others speak to using a repeater and the +30 prof. as I cannot.  I know the repeater Xbow is also amazing in calvary.

RE: Pavise or Repeater? - Stillicho - 24-08-2018

Anything but adventurier, choose based upon the gear you have or are going for. Try out some xbows before you spend the 750k. See what you enjoy using. Pretty simple. Try picking up a sharpthorn or a repeater if someone has in game before you choose your hero.

*edit* Personally...I'm also making a new xbow. Although I'm doing none of those classes. I have all my legendaries on my other characters. CM has access to the big shot, much higher pierce damage (175 plus the bolts) and I don't peek that fast. That's just me though.

RE: Pavise or Repeater? - DR. - 24-08-2018

Armour can't be picked up but a xbow can.

Make both.

RE: Pavise or Repeater? - Ken_Repeaterman - 24-08-2018

If you do not have a legendary crossbow at the moment (and I'm just sure that it is not), then you have to use a crossbow and sharptorn, and this is not the best crossbows. So my advice is CM and Repeater

RE: Pavise or Repeater? - Levito - 24-08-2018

Alrighty, I'll take into account what has been said and also try out some of the crossbows. Thank you very much for the information Smile

RE: Pavise or Repeater? - Coconut - 24-08-2018

I miss using the Repeater and Ailiadrodd on Pavise... ;(
I miss Shield of Kings of Pavise
I miss Aurora Blade on Pavise ;(

rip pavise 4 me

icri

RE: Pavise or Repeater? - DR. - 24-08-2018

(24-08-2018, 01:18 PM)Coconut Wrote: I miss using the Repeater and Ailiadrodd on Pavise... ;(

rip pavise 4 me

icri

Eagle is better than Alia.
Tower is more fun and all you need.
Who uses a 2h when you have a trusty Da.

RE: Pavise or Repeater? - Coconut - 24-08-2018

(24-08-2018, 01:36 PM)Woody Wrote:
(24-08-2018, 01:18 PM)Coconut Wrote: I miss using the Repeater and Ailiadrodd on Pavise... ;(

rip pavise 4 me

icri

Eagle is better than Alia.
Tower is more fun and all you need.
Who uses a 2h when you have a trusty Da.
yeah i do need a tower... it's so fun placing it