NordInvasion Forum
Mat Economy? - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Discussion & Engagement (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Mat Economy? (/showthread.php?tid=70407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Mat Economy? - Eternal - 18-12-2018

Greetings,

I didn't play the mod in the last 10-12 months if i remember correctly (perhaps longer), but i saw that all the material prices dropped to 1/3rd to 1/10th of their original prices. What exactly caused this drastic change in prices? Hardened metal is now 500 gold? It used to be 5-8k. I remember people farming hard wave 1-4 for some quick cash by getting hardened metals, but now if you get 2 hardened metals every wave (highly doubt it) you get 1k gold for each wave. Uncommon brown mats cost 2-5k, lumps are 20k. The prices used to be a LOT higher.

Back then it was possible to gather up 3-4m by farming mats and stuff, but now it just seems impossible. You will not be able to afford legendaries unless you loot a legendary yourself. Mat prices being this low only contribute to rich people, they can craft what they want for even cheaper now, while it is harder for new players or players that never looted to gather gold. What can we do? I'm not sure. The community decides the prices but there could be limits implemented to mat prices. Or let us sell some of the mats back to the shop for a price such as 1 HM for 3k etc (Put a weekly limit if needed, as i'm sure some players got thousands of mats and this would cause gold to lose value). This way the HM prices on AH will go back up to 3-4k which will give people a way to make some money from mats.

I don't mean to offend anyone by this post, i'm just stating my opinion. I hope you share yours as well, and perhaps offer a solution yourself.

RE: Mat Economy? - Coconut - 18-12-2018

Yes HM is isn't 7k, it's more like 500. But that's because you loot a massaive amount of them, especially from Hard Mode.

Not sure if this will help but to see the distrubition of mats here is my inventory... As you can see HM is super EZ to get.
[Image: 1a6d1e7a102b05496626424903e8c1a3.png]

RE: Mat Economy? - Eternal - 18-12-2018

(18-12-2018, 03:24 AM)Coconut Wrote: Yes HM is isn't 7k, it's more like 500. But that's because you loot a massaive amount of them, especially from Hard Mode.

Not sure if this will help but to see the distrubition of mats here is my inventory... As you can see HM is super EZ to get.
[Image: 1a6d1e7a102b05496626424903e8c1a3.png]

I didn't say it is 7k right now, i said it used to be 5-8k a year ago. What made the prices drop that low in a year?

EDIT: I'm also not only talking about hardened metals. I'm talking about all brown mats. HM was just an example. The prices on all brown mats are a joke.

RE: Mat Economy? - Winter - 18-12-2018

(18-12-2018, 03:20 AM)Eternal Wrote: Mat prices being this low only contribute to rich people, they can craft what they want for even cheaper now, while it is harder for new players or players that never looted to gather gold.

Wouldn't it be "rich" people that need gold to buy legendaries and "poor" people that need materials to craft what they want, though?

RE: Mat Economy? - Eternal - 18-12-2018

(18-12-2018, 03:32 AM)Winter Wrote:
(18-12-2018, 03:20 AM)Eternal Wrote: Mat prices being this low only contribute to rich people, they can craft what they want for even cheaper now, while it is harder for new players or players that never looted to gather gold.

Wouldn't it be "rich" people that need gold to buy legendaries and "poor" people that need materials to craft what they want, though?

No, mat prices dropping only lowers the prices of craftable items that doesn't require phoenix feathers. A phoenix feather is 1m gold and a hardened metal is 500 gold. That means someone needs to grind 2000 hardened metals to be able to afford a single phoenix feather. Being able to trade mats for market goods directly would prevent this from happening while also increasing the value of materials.

Rich people still need mats to upgrade their legendaries.

RE: Mat Economy? - Ken_Repeaterman - 18-12-2018

Have you seen the price of Heavy cloth? or sturdy wood?

RE: Mat Economy? - Winter - 18-12-2018

(18-12-2018, 03:49 AM)Eternal Wrote:

No, mat prices dropping only lowers the prices of craftable items that doesn't require phoenix feathers. A phoenix feather is 1m gold and a hardened metal is 500 gold. That means someone needs to grind 2000 hardened metals to be able to afford a single phoenix feather. Being able to trade mats for market goods directly would prevent this from happening while also increasing the value of materials.

Rich people still need mats to upgrade their legendaries.

Without having played for a long time I can't be sure, but I think 1 million gold through runs is still quicker than gaining 125 Small Lumps of Lead and all that, so the Phoenix Feather itself isn't really something people need to sell their materials to get by the time they loot the materials they need.

I know that back when I was crafting all of my house craftables the gold was the least concern and I'd be buying materials, not selling any.  I don't think the drop rate has changed considerably since then.

RE: Mat Economy? - Bobo - 18-12-2018

It is just the drop rates changed, mats' been dropping a lot since some months.

RE: Mat Economy? - DR. - 18-12-2018

[Image: 9171abc6de41af52786358c46cea7eba.png]

The only mats I can see that I'm not ok with is Heavy Cloth and Sturdy Wood... Both should be less or the same price as Hm.

A. Trading cuz we all want it as a base item. 
B. Crafting. Need a gold sink mat itself. 
C. Buying mats with gold.

It's very hard to find someone selling mats that are looking for some item that this "poor" person has. Even if you are saying people should trade mats for mats... Well, that doesn't help with drop rates and when the other half does not want mats in return.

Most "rich" people are willing to wait for a gold offer or at least a better one.

RE: Mat Economy? - Green_Dragon - 18-12-2018

(18-12-2018, 08:20 AM)Bobo Wrote: It is just the drop rates changed, mats' been dropping a lot since some months.

This is only partly true.

There are problems with some red mats again:

Lumps were dropping until about 3 weeks ago quite intensely. The price went down to an average
and all time low of 10k. Then someone must have gotten into this and since we're almost back to
"pre-droprevolution times" with these mats: Lumps, Waters, Sulphur,Zinc and Copper.
The lump price has doubled since the nerf to 20k atm and there is no end in sight. The average
Hard Run drop for 15 waves is between 0.5 and 1. This is far too less and unless you want back to
"pre-revolution" prices and accessibility this should change asap. For price-stability at about 20k
the average drop for Hard should be 2 and for Rag it should be 3.5 for the mentioned mats.

Also Old Boots might need a nerf and as mentioned, Heavy Cloth and Sturdy a very slight buff.
It might also be an idea to make H-Cloth craftable and replace the drop by sth else with the intended
rarity. (ex:4x Basic Leather-->1x H-Cloth)...what would then make the Boot nerf avoidable.