NordInvasion Forum
Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Discussion & Engagement (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=73096)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - Terath - 18-09-2019

Currently, as it stands, there isn't a lot of community events happening in NI. This is due to the limited amount of events we currently employ and the amount of work it takes to set them up. I'd like to venture into hosting more regular events that aren't based around PvP, seeing as how the mod is primarily PvE. I can't really think of any good ideas for events, though, so if anybody has any ideas of what would be a fun PvE event that would be relatively easy to set up and fun to play, please feel free to share and brainstorm.

In the past, off of the top of my head, we've done:
Swadian Invasion: Basically, PvP, except some players play as the Nords and some as the Swadians. It used to be fun until Ailadrodd came along, so this mode isn't really viable any more, and it's still just at its core PvP.
Tournaments: Ladder PvP in which the team / player with the most points / whatever wins the tournament and gets the top prize. Skill-based PvP and really doesn't mesh well with NordInvasion as a whole, but is really fun to watch.
House Tournaments: Similar to normal tournaments, except houses could pick 5 of their members to participate, and the house with the most points wins. There was only a few of these.
Fluffy events: Relatively sure these were community hosted (?), but the concept is good nonetheless. Everybody has a "fluffy" character that is a brand new character, and they attempt to complete runs with new characters. Gets less fun over time as people start to get good gear.
Horse / Pony races: I'm indifferent on this one, since it doesn't have any combat at all. I see it as just plain fun, which is okay.
Official Events: Happen every week by the grace of the Event Coordinator; it's just the game.

Beyond this, as was stated, I don't have a lot of ideas of what events to do. One idea I had was to give players 10 minutes to build a base on an empty map with limited barricades, and then bots spawn like the standard game mode but from four sides surrounding the base. I feel that this would be interesting to see how it plays out, but worried that it would be really difficult to fully complete due to cade-busting enemies like Thor. So yeah, feel free to post your ideas below.

RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - DR. - 18-09-2019

Ill keep all of this to basic idea's and will expand on any if needed

Kiting event
Get someone to make a custom map that just about a big loop. The events is "how long can you last with event gear" 
If you made the map right you could run mutable people at different parts of the map so the event does not take a year given kiting takes time.

Race to level an id to 52
People do this in groups of 3 with one person that's levelling up an idea and the other 2 are the support. 

Endless run
The event starts on beginner then after 15 waves 16 is wave 1 of normal... The game mode is to see how far the team can make it to.
After beginner>normal>hard>rag i would do cav even tho people are on foot then after that some new custom waves could be made. 

Teams for this will need to be willing to play for hours or whatever but not only that the team leader needs to pick good players/good map etc... 

Rather than this being a time thing arguably the slowest run may have the best chance to win given if they play safe from being slow.

RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - Green_Dragon - 18-09-2019

I think the random horses in the Valentine's event were a big attraction. Basically a different wave structure
as prelude to maybe a new mode alltogether to find out what would be liked. The amount of horses should
very low as not to have them stuck everywhere. There might be ghost horses as well to disappear after a
random amount of time under their current riders... Tongue

No teamspeak requirement.

Some legendaries should drop, just not as usual with this 0.01% chance, but instead from a completely random
bot/horse with a 100% chance every maybe 10 hours on the event server.

Barrels not allowed. No tome limit. Guaranteed wraith on tome. Big Grin

(18-09-2019, 03:57 PM)Woody Wrote: Ill keep all of this to basic idea's and will expand on any if needed

Kiting event
Get someone to make a custom map that just about a big loop. The events is "how long can you last with event gear" 
If you made the map right you could run mutable people at different parts of the map so the event does not take a year given kiting takes time.

Race to level an id to 52
People do this in groups of 3 with one person that's levelling up an idea and the other 2 are the support. 

Endless run
The event starts on beginner then after 15 waves 16 is wave 1 of normal... The game mode is to see how far the team can make it to.
After beginner>normal>hard>rag i would do cav even tho people are on foot then after that some new custom waves could be made. 

Teams for this will need to be willing to play for hours or whatever but not only that the team leader needs to pick good players/good map etc... 

Rather than this being a time thing arguably the slowest run may have the best chance to win given if they play safe from being slow.

This is awesome! Very nice ideas!

RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - Kriegstofu - 18-09-2019

Nudist Ragnarok Challenge

No Armor Allowed, Hats are OK (less than 20 armor Value)

Unhorsed Cav Challenge

Basically Shieldwal and Slashing a Cav Invasion without using Horses/Dismounting on Spawn

Reverse Invasion

Storming The Nords Castle

Khergit/Rhodok/Vaegir Mercenary Invasion

For Example Invasion Consisting Only of Bots like Mercenary Sergeant, Mercenary Repeaterman, Mercenary Ballistaman, Eastern Adventurer, Swadian Deserter

RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - Elmo - 18-09-2019

Marketplace gear Rag run

No restictions on Support items
Players may only use marketplace arms and armour no craftables

RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - Starke - 18-09-2019

(18-09-2019, 05:39 PM)Elmo Wrote: Marketplace gear Rag run

Thats a wipe

RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - Kriegstofu - 18-09-2019

(18-09-2019, 06:03 PM)Starke Wrote:

Thats a wipe

make it either only playercrafted or only housecraftable /no legendaries/

RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - Krex - 18-09-2019

I like PvP events.

RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - Faravin - 18-09-2019

(18-09-2019, 06:22 PM)Krex Wrote: I like PvP events.

Not on NI Servers tho, you saw how last Events went.

RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - Elmo - 18-09-2019

(18-09-2019, 06:09 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote:
(18-09-2019, 06:03 PM)Starke Wrote:

Thats a wipe

make it either only playercrafted or only housecraftable /no legendaries/

If players can best Rag with no tomes or barrels and winter running around killing us then I'm confident they can do it without op gear

House crafted gear is basically orange legendaires at this point so it would be too easy.