NordInvasion Forum
Hybrid classes - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: Hybrid classes (/showthread.php?tid=8633)

Pages: 1 2

Hybrid classes - Mr_Moustashio - 02-04-2013

With the introduction of hero classes in the next update I'm sure there won't be as many tier 3 hybrids out there. My idea was to add specific class benefits (like hero class benefits) to characters that are tier 3 in 2 class trees. Of course the benefits wouldn't be as substantial as the hero class benefits for a tier 4 but this encourage a larger variety of gameplay.

Re: Hybrid classes - Yvain - 02-04-2013

I am for that !!

Re: Hybrid classes - _Sophie_ - 02-04-2013

Currently I am building a hybrid so I support this toppic.

[move][Image: th?id=H.4990800182708218&pid=15.1&H=120&W=160][/move]

Re: Hybrid classes - Senni - 02-04-2013

Hybrids aren't meant to be good at any profession as far as I'm aware.

Your benefit is flexibility in combat and equiptment.

Tier 3 skirm and tier 3 sergeant are a pretty effective combo.

Re: Hybrid classes - Yvain - 03-04-2013

I understand this argument. Though, if you want to make Hybrids quite useful, it could be a good thing to allow them to carry better equipment and/or better stats. Tier 3 hybrids are known to be bad and useless, unless you have several legendary items (Fearsome Knight helmet, Aurora/Dragon Halberd, Fiendish bow or bolt tosser...)
Moreover, it doesn't seem logical to choose the militia class once you are sergent + man at arms. There is no relation between this hybrid and a skirmisher or an archer... One solution could be to add these "specific class benefits" to use the 5 class points left. It could provide for example for a sergeant+ man at arms, more shield/powerstrike skill/1handed skill, and possibly the ability to wear a better helmet or armor. This is not completely necessary since the t1 choice always gives a small benefit, but better armors and equipment should be a good thing.

Hybrids should remain worse than t4 ; but a few decent t3 hybrids in a team should be welcome to counterbalance the lack of infantrymen (or an excessive number of soldiers behind the shieldwall, desesperately looking for a spot to slash). It can be a solution to the lack of shielders in some teams.
Some people have already complained about that (high demand, t3 archers)
If you have ever seen a crossbowman shielding with a sword (yes, this happened !), you may realize it's a good thing to enable non-commando players to shield as well.
1 single 'hero class' per hybrid, and a new shield for them ? (between SKS and royal)

I hope I have been convincing...

Re: Hybrid classes - _Sophie_ - 03-04-2013

In my opinion,

A Tier 3 Archer and Tier 3 Crossbowman is a good combination?
1 Bow, 1 Arrowpack, 1 handed weapon and 1 Crossbow? No.
My point is that archers are limited in health/armor but good at running,
while the Man at arms is good at health/armor but not good at Running,
Why not making something between both?  (A fixed hero Hybrid class)

As for Tier 3 Skirmisher and Sergant (<== Currently have one) This is the best for Soloing but with more players it kind of fails. (<= Not when you have legendary's). You run and jump but while you jumped and threw a spear/Axe you are already dead because your too slow. With Skirmisher armor your fast with more health but then you better choose Tier 4 Skimirsher instead of Sergant because Tier 4 is way faster.

Sergant and Crossbowman is also a good combination,
1 Weapon 1 Shield 1 Pack of bols and a Crossbow in Support (<= Maybe make a Tier 3 Crossbow/Sergant weapon that is available after certain class picking?)

Tier 3 Archer and Tier 3 Skirmisher = Kiting and soloing only. Very Fast)

Men at arms and Tier 3 Skirmisher = Would be good combination if you are soloing,
again not good while in shieldwall. (<= Same as archer)

At the end: Everything with Sergant is good, but if you mix some certain classes, you will need a Respec cause it will be: Boring, a big fail, not usefull.

Re: Hybrid classes - Legend - 04-04-2013

(03-04-2013, 07:42 PM)_Sophie_ link Wrote:In my opinion,

As for Tier 3 Skirmisher and Sergant (<== Currently have one) This is the best for Soloing but with more players it kind of fails. (<= Not when you have legendary's). You run and jump but while you jumped and threw a spear/Axe you are already dead because your too slow. With Skirmisher armor your fast with more health but then you better choose Tier 4 Skimirsher instead of Sergant because Tier 4 is way faster.

1 Weapon 1 Shield 1 Pack of bols and a Crossbow in Support (<= Maybe make a Tier 3 Crossbow/Sergant weapon that is available after certain class picking?)

Men at arms and Tier 3 Skirmisher = Would be good combination if you are soloing,

At the end: Everything with Sergant is good, but if you mix some certain classes, you will need a Respec cause it will be: Boring, a big fail, not usefull.
Well. i am also soloing but this mod isnt meant to play alone Smile So i do not think that the devs will encourage soloing even more. (Just think of the way maps got nerfed and why )

Re: Hybrid classes - _Sophie_ - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 07:48 AM)Legend link Wrote:[quote author=_Sophie_ link=topic=11618.msg95783#msg95783 date=1365018162]
In my opinion,

Well. i am also soloing but this mod isnt meant to play alone Smile So i do not think that the devs will encourage soloing even more. (Just think of the way maps got nerfed and why )
[/quote] I am not encouraging solo'ing, my review of my opinion is how it is TODAY if you choose any of the hybrid classes. They/It forces you to go solo on a map. 
I prefer to play alone and die on first wave then playing till Tyr with a bunch of people who can't understand: English, Barricades, Not saving last.

Re: Hybrid classes - Senni - 04-04-2013

Hybrids will always be the odd one out.
Think of them more as a unintended side effect, turned feature.

Very hard to balance them and would probably affect pure classes negatively.

I think the general consensus is to leave them be.

Re: Hybrid classes - _Sophie_ - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 03:31 PM)Senni link Wrote:Hybrids will always be the odd one out.
Think of them more as a unintended side effect, turned feature.

Very hard to balance them and would probably affect pure classes negatively.

I think the general consensus is to leave them be.
I understand the way you think but in the (Near) future the mod will need some other classes/idea's to let the current/old/new players have a diffrent style of playing/enjoying. Currently its just ''All get inside the barricades'' and when they are broken the whole team is dead, now comes the Hybrid handy, with his multifunctional equipment. (Perhaps?)