Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Kill feed change proposal
Hey community,

This is not really a feature request but rather feedback request.

Today we were brainstorming about overhauling the kill feed. Main reason is that the icons don't always match the weapon type being used. The request to disable the xp and loot logging has also been requested more then once. A big advantage of a custom feed is that we'll have full controll over the icons being displayed which also allows us to use different icons for your awakened legendaries.

What I have in mind is to create an options page where one can select what to display. Chat will always be visible seeing the Co-op aspect of the game.

I would like to hear if you guys can come up with any alternatives or have any feedback on the current proposal.
Is this one really important feature? For me only issue with this feed is items loot messages are not highlighted. What for weapon icons that doesn't have any sense for me, there are already icons for headshots and not headshots, and for melee weapons, more then enough. With good team this feed scrolls faster then you can read it anyway.
No it's not important and it's never stated in this thread that it is. At the moment my backlog is pretty much clear so I am moving on to improve (small) things. Things that are sometimes limited by the warband engine. As for loot highlight; recently I found a way to make this work, we still need to come up with a design to make it show
(12-07-2019, 10:21 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: At the moment my backlog is pretty much clear so I am moving on to improve (small) things.

Nice to know about incoming loot highlights.

Small off-topic, but what about clearing up building system? There is one small issue right now: build points limit cading on wave 1. On later waves it's not an issue anymore, but there were hilarious situations when people built walls to protect shooting positions or shielder from arrows on wave 1 and then realized that no BP to build real cades anymore and wipe. It's not serious issue obviously, but would be better just remove these checks (or just initially set BP = 1000) and remove BP label from UI. New players often ask what it is, hard to answer.
I can make this one as separate feature request if you don't like it as off-topic here.
There isn't really a universal solution to everyone's preference. An MMO I used to play had a pretty robust customizable messaging (chat and system messages) described here. It gave good control over how each individual player wanted to customize their messages. Maybe you can take ideas from that.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
I like the idea of having legendary drops highlighted, and the drop log in general customized. For someone who rarely watches killfeeds I never know if I actually get anything when the run is over.

Now, would it be possible to play an optional sound as well on legendary loot drop? I can create one if you want as I've done a fair bit of sound design for short films and movies, as well as being an musician myself Smile
TC_Thaffy_Warden - TC_Thaffy_RoyalGuard - TC_Thaffy_Repeaterman - TC_Thaffy_MasterPeltast - TC_Thaffy_Legionnaire
House Thread - Wiki - My Music
(26-07-2019, 04:29 PM)Thaffy Wrote: I like the idea of having legendary drops highlighted, and the drop log in general customized. For someone who rarely watches killfeeds I never know if I actually get anything when the run is over.

Now, would it be possible to play an optional sound as well on legendary loot drop? I can create one if you want as I've done a fair bit of sound design for short films and movies, as well as being an musician myself Smile

It would be possible to play a sound on loot. It will be optional though and disabled by default, but I am up for any sample you can provide Wink
are you able to colour code Loot drops corresponding with the rarity on your character sheet? Not just legendary drops but for all loot in itself.
Loot:

Aurora Blade 23.03.2019
Volundr Greatsword 12/11/2020

Official event times (Praven):

<19:50:13> "Faravin": Normal -9:17
<20:07:55> "Faravin": Hard -15:55

[Image: 2pcM1nK.png]

(26-07-2019, 04:41 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(26-07-2019, 04:29 PM)Thaffy Wrote: I like the idea of having legendary drops highlighted, and the drop log in general customized. For someone who rarely watches killfeeds I never know if I actually get anything when the run is over.

It would be possible to play a sound on loot. It will be optional though and disabled by default, but I am up for any sample you can provide Wink

Can someone find that 'OMG DID I LOOT' quote?
(26-07-2019, 04:41 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:

Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.