Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Surfing the Ban Wave: Round 2
Good evening,

I have been staggered by the amount of players that we have had to warn, reset and ban over the past 4 days. I am sick and tired of the idiocy of some players and from this point forward there will be a zero tolerance policy for trolling, glitching and general rule breaking. It stuns us that despite catching players breaking the rules on almost a daily basis, players continue to do so.

It is genuinely disheartening to see players abuse our work especially after the huge amounts of time the development team have invested into 0.5.0 and continue to do so on a daily basis implemented new items, crafting recipes, running competitions and planning the House tournament beyond the commitments of their real lives. I personally have very little spare time for the next two months and the sheer volume of time I am having to devote to punishing players and reading through log files is unacceptable. I do not want to come home and have to sit and filter through the same amount of stupidity that I have had to for the past four days.

Please think before you act; if you are conducting yourself in a manner that causes you or any reasonable person to stop and think "is this right?", I suggest you think long and hard before carrying on in such a manner.

Cordially,

The Development team
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(30-05-2013, 09:57 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote:It is genuinely disheartening to see players abuse our work especially after the huge amounts of time the development team have invested into 0.5.0 and continue to do so on a daily basis implemented new items, crafting recipes, running competitions and planning the House tournament beyond the commitments of their real lives.

I do hope you also see that a great deal of people really appreciates the you guys have put in 0.5.0. Besides that, I've seen the unban and ban appeal forums, and (for what it matters), I can surely give you my support in this. Keep up the great work, and please don't see these abusing people as a benchmark for the community. Sad
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Keep up the good work hopefully people will stop trolling but I think I will get the funding to make pigs fly first. It affects everyone when people arse about. Aegis now lacks a leader now because Gismo was sick of people from the house breaking rules such as the two today which were reset. It is just a shame that it takes 1 out of 16 people to ruin a game for everyone. It can just be insulting or breaking cades. But it is the sort of things you cannot remove from the game without ruining it or unbalancing it.
We definitely appreciate that the vast majority of players act with an appropriate level of maturity and make developing and playing NordInvasion very good fun. Your support and appreciating is genuinely appreciated. However it does come to those wonderful few who insist on ruining everyone's' fun. For every post that appears in the report player section or unban section, we deal with another five via pm or IRC.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Hyper I would like to say that I truly appreciate the work that you and all the developers have put into this mod, and that it is a shame that people would like to screw up all of your hard work for just a laugh or two, even though it isn't even funny at all. Keep up the great work mate! Like I always say, Hyper you're my hero!
Hypernoma loves me. He misses me already!

(09-08-2013, 02:00 AM)Hypernoma link Wrote:Work? Ew.
This might be a weird question . But what exactly are these 'blue robes' im seeing so many people  getting banned for?
(31-05-2013, 08:22 AM)Punishment link Wrote:This might be a weird question . But what exactly are these 'blue robes' im seeing so many people  getting banned for?

Over the last few days senni and I have spent well over 5 hours a day on recipes for new items. It is a seriously long and tedious process. We added over 40 new recipes and one of the new ones was accidentally put up without the items attached to it. It was an error on our part. Within half an hour some players had thousands of them and the crafting XP to go with it. Many had been sold to the marketplace for huge profits. So we on the dev team had to spend ages dealing with that problem. We add nearly 100 items to the database and players exploit the site due to one little mistake. It pisses me off no end to think that there are lurking muppets waiting on us to add features so they can try and exploit the game and break the economy.
Ok thanks for clearing that up. I agree that people who exploit such errors such be dealt with harshly.
WOOO, GO HYPER!!! ( i totally agree)
CC_BGuardian=Commando, Crossbowman, militia.
CC_BGuardian_X=Man at Arms.
CC_BGuardian_II=Archer.
CC_BGuardian_III=skirmisher.
Proud CC member.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius