Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Do you think my survival guide helps you in this mod?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It helps alot
38.98%
23 38.98%
It helps.
44.07%
26 44.07%
Maybe.
10.17%
6 10.17%
Not much
1.69%
1 1.69%
Doesnt help at all
5.08%
3 5.08%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

|| Wave Survivor Guide (UPDATED V0.27 ) ||
Guide updated.... with Pics.  ;D

Will try to add more proper pics, I'd did this in a rush....
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
The progress in this guide is great, keep up the good work.  Wink

Topic titles changed to || Wave Survivor Guide ||.
Topic Stickied.
[align=center][Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
wave 16:
Nord soldiers in heraldic mail with boardshields and Nord rangers (advanced huntsmen in heraldic armour)  are added.

Wave 17:
Nord veteran huscarls. Plated huscarls who eat everything. Their thrown axes headshots eats mobs of players in seconds.

Wave 18:
Nord veteran soldiers added (heavy armoured soldiers with huscarl shields, they can also use 2h axes)
(21-11-2011, 08:05 PM)Logics link Wrote: [quote author=Johao link=topic=129.msg717#msg717 date=1321905218]
Well, Swadian village has been abused to the point where it becomes exp farming, co-op isnt about mindless slashing and winning, but tackling the enemies with tactics. There has to be a limit where a lone soldier can do so little when going solo.

Strengthen Starting Waves: Peasents with fists? They cant even put a dent on shields! Give them sickles, quarterstaffs, clubs, and shields, just like the original recruits in M&B. Give them blunt peasent weapons so armoured players have something to fear before going rambo. Like in cRPG's Defend the Virgin, the first wave are still widely feared for their long range quarterstaffs

Sentinels: There can be heavily armoured crossbowmen with uber armour and wielding a siege crossbow, placed in ships or towers where it is inaccessible by players, will rain bolts down anyone who dare venture into the spawn point. They cannot be bested even on range combat, which will discourage spawnkillers.

Home Base Bonus: There has to be an advantage where staying back home will give an edge towards the players and not seperating from the group(+1 assist exp per kill in home base, just to balance it out). There has to be gizmos and functions scattered around the home base to be proved useful to form a passable defence. Full invasion does that with random purchase boxes and barricade shops.

Distance: My only gripe with Swadian Village is that the distance between the player spawn point is tooooo far that players dont have the patience to sit all day. Action must be delivered fast and easy for the hungry players.

Strengthening starting waves can be done, and I agree, why would the Nords send naked men at us? So maybe giving them some peasant clothing and farming weapons, such as a sickle may make the mod more realistic in terms of the Swadian and Nord background.

Sentinels -  I do not believe this can be done, as all enemies in a wave must die before the next wave comes, unless these sentinels can be separated from the waves.. However I do not feel it is necessary to have this.

Home Base Bonus - This can be done, with some sort of an ''Object'' that when around can give a boost. It will encourage people to stay in that area, however I do not feel it would work with such little difference, it would have to be something quite larger to grab peoples attention. However it is worth a shot.

Distance - We have new maps under way, infact Jez has been sent a load from all sorts of players with amazing creativity. I am sure he will find some maps that will encourage better team play.

Spoiler: I know that I had sent him a Fort type of map, that has different entry points with the bots spawns scattered and not just in one area. It is based in a forest, if he considers it then that would be a nice add as it will incourage team work and with the spawns scattered, it will make it impossible to spawnkill. Not to mention that adventuring out into the forests wont help, the fog will just blind you from any incoming bots.

That is just an example of one of the many maps we have in store for you guys. Just stay tuned and we assure you we wont let you down.  Wink
[/quote]

I am hoping that cav is possible to use on this map.
Guide updated, but still under construction.

If anyone can contribute information about the waves, it would be appreciated if you state out the:

Weapon:
Appearance:
Danger Level:
Tactics:
Weapon Length: e.g 40-100 or (Bow/Crossbow/Throwing) or SHIELD EATER for those axemen
I was going to say " Yeeaah, I'm famous" then I took an arrow in the knee.

WTF_Artintrex

I just lol'd.
Guide Updated, but I cant start of wave 9 & 10 until I can analyse some good tactics to take them down.

Any other advice of help with the other waves would be appreciated by the community.
You forgot about nord mounted farmers at wave 7. These guys are actually tougher than they look since they've got pretty high PS and deal decent damage for farmers.

Regarding the following waves, I guess I can't tell much about how you should fight it, at least for lower level players. At lvl 31 and with my gear I can easily take them down.
Btw guy , only way to kill huscarls effectively with fairly low losses is to , lance / couch from behind Or douple team them 1 by 1 with high damage / speed weapons.
Or, if you are an archer, run, shoot at the leg/head and repeat for profit.