Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Do you think my survival guide helps you in this mod?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It helps alot
38.98%
23 38.98%
It helps.
44.07%
26 44.07%
Maybe.
10.17%
6 10.17%
Not much
1.69%
1 1.69%
Doesnt help at all
5.08%
3 5.08%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

|| Wave Survivor Guide (UPDATED V0.27 ) ||
Alternatively, use a hammer Wink other blunt/pierce weapons will also stagger the huscarls but I find the sledgehammer works best on these fuckers

Wave 8 is fine, you could add 'help your team to take out the captains first since they will charge ahead of their troops and are the most dangerous enemy''. For wave 9 and up, against troops with shields one of the easiest methods is letting one teammate lure some and then another smacks them on the back of their head. Just don't engage them up front if your level isn't that high. Wave 15: if you see a Nord Ranger standing alone somewhere blocked off from his teammates you can to get him by zigzagging and then spamming him. To battle Nord Knights you will need a high damage dealer or an anti-armour weapon such as a pick (bugged), mace or hammer, but first you will need to dehorse them or move somewhere their horses can't go (no glitching).

Somewhere in between the waves you have listed there are also Mercenary Zweihanders, which should only be engaged in singles, to stagger them you will need a high damage dealer or anti-armor weapon and you can kill them by holding each swing a second longer so that they start  their attack when you are about to hit them. They carry greatswords which can already be used at level 2 Infantry and are pretty damn nasty. I'll let you know when I found out which wave btw Tongue

Hired Blades are also in some waves and aren't that tough, same tactic as other shielders except their shields can be broken easily with axes. 
(13-12-2011, 04:24 PM)Kwal link Wrote: Alternatively, use a hammer Wink other blunt/pierce weapons will also stagger the huscarls but I find the sledgehammer works best on these fuckers

Wave 8 is fine, you could add 'help your team to take out the captains first since they will charge ahead of their troops and are the most dangerous enemy''. For wave 9 and up, against troops with shields one of the easiest methods is letting one teammate lure some and then another smacks them on the back of their head. Just don't engage them up front if your level isn't that high. Wave 15: if you see a Nord Ranger standing alone somewhere blocked off from his teammates you can to get him by zigzagging and then spamming him. To battle Nord Knights you will need a high damage dealer or an anti-armour weapon such as a pick (bugged), mace or hammer, but first you will need to dehorse them or move somewhere their horses can't go (no glitching).

Somewhere in between the waves you have listed there are also Mercenary Zweihanders, which should only be engaged in singles, to stagger them you will need a high damage dealer or anti-armor weapon and you can kill them by holding each swing a second longer so that they start  their attack when you are about to hit them. They carry greatswords which can already be used at level 2 Infantry and are pretty damn nasty. I'll let you know when I found out which wave btw Tongue

Hired Blades are also in some waves and aren't that tough, same tactic as other shielders except their shields can be broken easily with axes. 

Well, thanks for the tips, I'll add them when I have the time.

I wouldnt go to the later waves yet, since my longest surviving wave was 11(due to the fast that everyone runs into the horde like a headless chicken).
The Zweihanders are on wave 10, and I've never seen anyone killed any one of them yet(on my view anyway) an its extremely hard to avoid them, even they run like berserkers. Jez should add weight to their backs so they move really slow.....

I wouldnt recommend sledgehammers on huscarls though, they are quite slow and still have almost similiar range to their axes. But they are indeed useful against shielded enemies.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
You should add a new tactic: GET A GOOD TEAM because to be honest tactics mean nothing if the idiots on your team run around on pony yelling in chat they want a Unicorn Tongue
Quote:I wouldnt recommend sledgehammers on huscarls though, they are quite slow and still have almost similiar range to their axes.
Well as a low level you can manage to separate a huscarl and easily spam him to death with sledgehammer because he keeps staggering. Gotta do overheads though 
Im going to be directing all the new players to this guide and the begginers guide too very helpful keep up the good work.
Guide updated, but I'll stop here, since the average death round is 10, and other reasons.

The new players should be able to pick up once they know how to beat these hordes.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
(16-12-2011, 06:04 AM)Johao link Wrote: Guide updated, but I'll stop here, since the average death round is 10, and other reasons.

The new players should be able to pick up once they know how to beat these hordes.
Perhaps if you update it past 1 the average death wave wont be  :Smile Good guide and good update though  ;D