Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Blademaster
People keep telling me that my blademaster spec is a bad idea. I played on normal, hard, and rag, and have to to come across any problems. Is there something wrong with me? Why do people keep telling me to go in with 3 blades is a bad idea? It looks amazing.
It's a matter of maximizing the capabilities of the team. Outside of a few powerful and rare weapons, there isn't any real need to bring in 3 of one weapon. It's often viewed as a waste of two inventory slots which could otherwise be used to bring in items the team needs. When you see what the team needs but refuse to change your gear to help them(When possible), it can anger other players.
I was on the fence about whether or not I should really post a response to this question, but in case you really were serious, or in case others thought you were serious and did not see the flaws in the idea of bringing in three blades, I will explain why you should not do so (except in certain exceptional cases).

First of all, in later difficulties, players move toward what maximizes efficiency -- in the current game this is the so-called "shield wall" tactic. In this tactic there are three main roles. Those roles are ranged, slasher, and shielder. Each class excels in one or two of these roles. The commando happens to excel at slashing and shielding. As a slasher, you're most likely going to be using only one weapon at a time, making the weapons in your other slots wasted* unless you're bringing them in for other players (in this case all three blades would be identical). For this to be the case, this blade must be exceptional for the slashing position. Not many fit that criteria. Examples of exceptional weapons would be the Heavy War Hammer, VGS, AGS, EK, PoK, Stone Maul, and other legendaries or high level craftables with long reach).

Reason number 1 is therefore: Don't bring in three of the same weapon unless it's a very good weapon.

Another reason being a guy with three blades and nothing else is a bad idea is: in the event that one of the shielders in the shield line dies, you must be able to replace him (even temporarily). That is why you should always carry a shield on your back while slashing.

Reason number 2: shielders will die and when they do you must replace them.

Additionally, in the higher difficulties of this mod, every wave has ranged enemies.  I won't even talk about the waves with crushthrough and shield penetration. A result of bot AI and stationary player tactics is that ranged bots often stop around a corner and give players a hard time. If you went in with three swords, you'd be pretty useless in this situation, unable to do anything but stand around waiting for the next wave or for someone to lure the bots into melee. But if you brought in a shield and one hander as well, you could assist in the luring process making the job safer for the primary shielders -- this benefits you because if the primary shielder dies you'll likely have to take his role. If you brought in two shields, you could stand around the corner and absorb enemy fire while the ranged on your team took out the enemy.

Thus, reason three is: bringing in shields allows for greater adaptability.

Past wave 11 of normal mode and any wave of hard mode or ragnarok mode, your blademaster spec is nothing more than child's play. I hope this has been educational. If these reasons are still not enough to convince you, I wouldn't know what else to say except I really hope you're trolling.

*This is also the reason you shouldn't be gathering high level slashing weapons in your slots. The ones on your back aren't doing anybody any good.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
I don't use all three of the same wepon. I usually come in with a cade. Also one short sword for spamming, one bastard for quick open field fighting, and a greatsword for slashing. Ill use shields off the floor, or other players drop them. I put a shield in my 4th slot to use with the short/spam sword. Each blade has a function and is useful given different situations.
I gues smost people wouldn't advice that build because the difference in speed between greatswords and bastard swords isn't really that big, so you can use a greatsword both for slashing and open field fighting. Most people choose to take a one hander, a greatsword, and a shield with them instead.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Yeah but using katanas, i prefer the medium sized blade. It helps reduce friendly fire. My side slashes are my most lethal when I start my dance. Smile
I'd say the bastard sword is unnecessary and a good shield would be a better replacement. You can't always expect to find a good shield on the floor and you generally don't fight in open combat anyway.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Haha... Go for it!!!
Congratulations! You have just been granted a golden shovel for digging this topic up, well done!

[Image: Gold_Shovel.jpg]
Playing NI since December 2011
i noticed the wormbane was missing from your powerful weapons list click...might want to go back and edit