Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Private server disconnection 1st May 2012
(22-03-2012, 06:42 PM)Mordred Wulfchylde link Wrote: [quote author=SnRolls link=topic=2073.msg17383#msg17383 date=1332415997]
Nooooooooooooooo Sad
no more map polls :S...
No more poll trolls ;D
Maybe it's because the times were different when I grew up.I never understood cheating without financial incentive.What do you really gain except a twisted satisfaction of having fucked over the honest players?Whether I agree with the devs or not,I'm glad they are taking steps to deal with the cheats(call it glitching or exploits,a cheater is a cheater).I've seen many games and mods destroyed by no or weak response.
[/quote]

would it be the best when there get a vote the player that started it gets seen in the text (something like player214 started a vote)
the disadvantage of long lines is that people get lost in the text
A Moot point is'nt Scott?
As Sphinx said"Don't forget that the Mighty One (Worm) has the last word, and since you don't pay to play NI, nor did they get paid for working so hard, you can only embrace his decisions and deal with it ! "
Only the private servers have polling.
The only reason polling has been removed is to avoid people farming the same maps at the same spots all the time. The game should have its challenges, and playing on "easy way" all the time is annoying for players who would rather play different maps. Yes they could play somewhere else, but then they have to play on empty servers or worst, servers in a different part of the world and endure 150+ ping just to play a different map than City or Mountain leeching Pass Tongue
I can agree with that, its just annoying to feel useless to my allies. Getting off my horse killing it before it runs off into them. Then stadning around and trying to help hold the line and not get in the way of the inftary or archers. Maybe itll just force me into becoming better, however I just feel it will slowly drive my head threw my screen. Smile But its all moot I since the powers that be will most likely keep there course as is.

I know there must be a better way but for now, death to the glitchers, exploiters, and everyone else who abuses the system. So Ill suffer but we as a community will over come it to become a better place.
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
(22-03-2012, 08:48 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote: [quote author=RaJiska link=topic=2073.msg17448#msg17448 date=1332448950]
Totally too radical.
Too easy to say without bringing a solution. Don't forget that the Mighty One (Worm) has the last word, and since you don't pay to play NI, nor did they get paid for working so hard, you can only embrace his decisions and deal with it ! WinkhE
[/quote]

Really... pay ? One guy paid 3 months for a server NI... and now, he lost moneys.
For a solution.
1) Make an unban thread.
2) Use the same banlist for all the servers NI.
3) Give one warning to a glitchers ( You will note all the warnings in a .txt)
4) If Mr.Glitcher get a second advert, it's a perm ban.

The job of Servers Owner is same than your, if on one of their server there is a glitcher, they MUST ban him. If he don'tdo that, his server can be disconected from Database.
totally agrees and another point is that i reported more then 7 players gloitching and exploiting woth full proof of screenshots that i gave to admins and you know what?

They werent on Open Private server but the ones who where glotching is in Official ones because they didnt have polls to map change so people didnt rly join them, and they had a chance to exploit, if im not correct please correct me.

Im gonna loose 1 and a half payment for such a step backward instead of a step forward for the NI community. Which other things can be implemented not to just close private servers... Other games have anti exploits and glotching. Why not work something out to prevent glitching? Make maps glitch free maybe?
Overgrown have some serious problems which isnt glitch free why did it even not get nerfed? And why not make a Great Wall Of Shame for everyone knows whats everyone doing glothcing, exploting players so we know what we are taking risks of paying server like i did where now i will loose money for some kids who doesnt enjoy playing fair, this is where the glotch free Module should be Implemented.
I would like to tell that when those private servers are gone, I can finally start to update fixed maps to servers without new patch.
This server disconnect was whole dev team decidion. They just bring us soo much extra work and troubles.

And then if you have paid for many months at once, you can turn your server module at anytime to Native or something.
Goddamn glotchers get off my lawn!!

Anyway it's also about other forms of exploiting if I read correctly.
Hande, im always doing my best to help any module which is growing but i came to the point of saying "Why am I here".... My answer: "Oh yeah ebcause its a great mod but to bad people screwed with it"... Another taught: "I wanna do something to help the Module out, so lemme start by paying a server a loose the demand of people waiting for a slot" Now i wanna help by making some textures is it worth to do it for the mod? "Ye sure"
If you do decide to take the private servers down (which I do not agree with because there are other options as people presented in this thread  Smile ) then please have 1 server in each time zone that can have polls. I mean you do not expect a cav having to do the lake map or other maps that cavs are useless for because of no poll servers (that's why so many private servers started in the first place because the polls were disabled) and I think people at least deserve to vote on what they want to play. It is not ''easy maps'' that people want but maps where you can actually use your horse, bow, shield and sword and anything else your class has the traits for to be able to defend yourself and kill the enemy.