Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Star Citizen (space mmo, pre-alpha)
Been following this game for a long time now, I don't think I can really do it justice with a quick description, so:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen (closed, but very good trailer/ video)

If that has grabbed your attention Wink:

It's come quite a long way since then:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

Currently it is VERY Pre-alpha; (all the modules I will mention are Alpha/Beta. This is important, as not all the packages include alpha/beta access.)

The first thing you can do is a simple limited 'Hanger module' where you get to look around the hanger and ship(s) you own.
You get to go inside your ships, but you can't currently fly them or anything.

This December (late, probably ~christmas), there will be a 'dog-fighting module'. You get to fly your ships and fight other people's ships online, kind of like WoT style. (from what I've heard so far)

From there on, every 2-3 months they will release new modules which contain more things to do. These will probably work with the previous modules, allowing you to use them together.
Finally in the end of 2014, they plan on releasing the last multiplayer module, which will be a HUGE persistent UNIVERSE. You will be able to explore/trade/fight your way through the universe with your buddies. (There are ships of MANY sizes, right the way from single seater Auroras (starting ship) -> the 700+ crew capacity Bengal carrier/capital ship, and this is only what they've told us about so far Tongue)

It's not P2P, and while pay for items is available, they have specifically stated: anything you can buy with real money, won't be stupidly hard/or require boring grinding to unlock. The game can quite easily be a single purchase of the game.

If you are still reading, I take it you are interested ;P.
Basically, I'd recommend the Digital Mercenary package $40:
- Copy of the multiplayer and singleplayer game (seperate for some reason :p)
- Aurora MR (starter ship, has two puny cannons on it Tongue)
- 3 months insurance for the ship (if it is lost or destroyed, you get your ship back, you can buy it ingame, shouldn't be too expensive)
- alpha/beta access <-- important!

The cheaper $30 pledge/package does not include alpha/beta (you will have to wait till 2015 to do anything with it :p).
All the more expensive ones do include alpha/beta, and it is possible to buy ships separately.

As this will be a large MMO style game, it won't hurt to have friends/people you can trust. So I'm going to create a list of NI people who have/or plan on getting Star Citizen; maybe we'll form a fleet if we get enough players Wink.

Name Ship(s)
Senni
Chris
Hyper
Aurora-LN
Constellation + P52-Merlin
Aurora-MR
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
My first exposure to mass-exposure to the internet community was probably in Freelancer. I clocked up stupid amounts of time playing with Prot (if anyone was a Freelancer player) and I am unbelievably excited for this. If this is even anything like playing Freelancer on the Aurora servers then I believe it will be money ludicrously well-spent.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Looks great, too bad i cant plegde for any bonusses anymore  Sad
i want this game...i am going to pledge for this now Wink
3 legendaries:
legacy
White Winged helmet 
Dragon Axe
in the mean time:
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

X3 is really indepth, takes some time to understand, but if you can't wait for SC, it's a nice stopgap :p.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Yeah I'm excited to see how it turns out, but I'm not wasting my money on it until we get more gameplay footage. I played freelancer as a kid too and alot of other space games, if this turns out to be an awesome game I'll probably end up living in it for a few years at least. lol
I have never seen this game before but after watching the Video on there KickStarter page it looks ****ing Great
MadMan - Sniper 48

EUReKA - Commando 42

WildMadMan - Heavy Skirmisher 33

GirlGamer - Heavy Crossbowman 20