Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

NordInvasion Weekly Event Discussion
NI is the first communism mod for warband a individual-medal-system not really fits  Tongue. In RL there is a reason why it not works in this way. And sure this medal is only a icon but a real medal is only a piece of metal  Wink
First of all if you really want to throwing medals around, the first who should get one are the captains.
We had over 20 archer. Some of them will need 20 events to get a medal. Some archer will try to play risky to have a higher chance to get a higher score and to get this icon. Attacker will start to play like heroes to gain attention of there skills. How is the leader able to speactate 16 player for "extraordinary performance". He isnt able to do that, because he leads a team.
For example Yuri stands as shielder all the time infront of me. He never moved in wall even he got swarmed with enemies. He repaired his shields almost every round, he dont swinged his weapon on higher waves and he "danced" if he had to. In other words the perfect shielder.
So why he dont got a medal, because the leader are not able to spectate all. He only get  attention of special independently act of a player. For example Nimueh "You certainly earned it, with that switch you made with me halfway through a hardmode wave, so that I could start slashing instead!" Iam not sure what role he played because he is not on the player list or on the registrated players but i think he acted independently and showed special skills. So he gained attention of his skills. There we are now. I hope you understand what i want to say.

I know you want to encourage player to play other roles and switching or maybe making a second char to collect more medals. Lets hope my concerns are unfounded.

Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
You're taking it way too seriously. Personally, if my intuition is correct.
Captain_Stoogey
If someone makes a second character to get more pictures under their name then they need to get a life.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
As a Captain I watch everyone as closely as I could and I think that everyone who did extremely well got what he deserved. If a very good player gets overlooked by the Captain then he is not doing his job properly.

I agree though, things are getting way to serious with this Medal thing.
Start the game already!
I do see what you are saying OneEye and in part I agree. You need to understand that this is still all a test so things will be added and taken away from the events.

There is no rule how medals get assigned, its just the captains intuition. And I pick captains who I know can do a good job and ones that I trust. If people think that getting lots of kills will earn you medals you are wrong. Working as a team and doing your role will get you medals.

As regards Nimueh I know he wasnt on the list but he joined last minute, I put him in the team and clearly he impressed the captain. I know Yuri is an excellent shielder and does his job very well and I know that if he keeps this up next time he will too get a medal.

I dont want to have to do this but if this medal thing turns out to be more trouble than its worth I will remove the whole idea. It was only meant as a bit of fun, an idea I stole from my ARMA clan ;D
"And it goes a little something like this..."
Yeah you take it too serious, this has nothing to do with real life military medals, we are not in a military batalion, regiment or whatever, it's only a game.

Everything is done to improve teamwork in this mod (btw cRPG was first communist mod, donate gave you nothing unlike here in the past, Chadz has always wanted something communist!) but this is the first real mod for teamwork, and imo this medal system is once again here to improve teamwork, you receive it because you do something for the team not because you do something individualy.

Btw these medals give you nothing, see it more like as an acknowledgment from your partners.
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
You are right i take this to serious as always, iam quiet now
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
(25-04-2012, 03:43 PM)OneEyE link Wrote: You are right i take this to serious as always, iam quiet now

But we still love you OneEye  Smile You are a NI legend (maybe I will add a NI Legend medal  8) )
"And it goes a little something like this..."
i am afraid that i didn't got my medic medal or it simply don't show up :'(
I'll get that sorted for you.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]