Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Bow Variations
Hey guys, I have a small suggestion here.
As you all know, lots of weapontypes have different variations to the standard weapon. For example, one and two handers come in blunt, pierce, and cut weapons, crossbows are either fast or really powerful.
I've noticed, though, that this doesn't apply as much on bows. Now, mind you, I almost never play Archer (hence why I don't have a Sniper), but from what I've seen from other players and in the gamefiles, bows upgrade fairly linear. As Sniper, you start out with the War Bow, which then upgrades to a Sharpshooter Bow, to a King's Will or Ebony/Elmwood Bow, etc. The thing is, though, that these almost all just add on two things, and sometimes a third: damage, shooting speed, and sometimes projectile speed. My suggestion would be to split this up a little. Because from what I see now, the rate at which Snipers/Wardens can spew arrows out of massive bows like the War Bow or the Ullr's Bane is rather... weird.

I'd suggest leaving tier 1 and 2 as they are now, with the Nomad and Khergit Bows, as those are just mediocre bows, that don't excell in either damage or shooting speed.
At tier 3 though, I'd suggest adding the Strong Bow as an option, with the stats being along these lines:

[td]Damage
27p
23p
[/td]
[td]Projectile Speed
[/td]
[td]Shooting Speed
[/td][/tr][/table]

And for the 'power' bows of tier 4:

[table][tr][td]Bow
War Bow
Sharpshooter Bow
King's Will
Ullr's Bane
[/td]
[td]Damage
32p
35p
38p
43p
[/td]
[td]Projectile Speed
[/td]
[td]Shooting Speed
[/td][/tr][/table]

And lastly, the quick bows:

[table][tr][td]Bow
Ebony/Elmwood Bow
Fiendish Bow
Hurricane Bow
[/td]
[td]Damage
31p
33p
36p
[/td]
[td]Projectile Speed
[/td]
[td]Shooting Speed
[/td][/tr][/table] If needed, shield penetration could be added to the 'power' bows to balance them a bit against the massive speed of the quick bows.
Now, these stats are all just suggestions, I did not research how much they effect the bow, so some of them could be a bit extreme, but I've based them of existing values in the game right now.

Lemme know what you think of this, I'm not saying the current values aren't good as they are, but this might make your choice of bows more interesting.
Thanks for listening/reading!
Maroon
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Sounds good finally a more interesting path with the archer.
I agree with this, also archer armour could get some love
The only path for tier 4 is:
Marketplace
Smallring
Bear
Brass
(Ranger sergeant red thingo)
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
Don't mess with my Ullrs Bane D: ... 

5 more dmg seems lovely but shoting slow as hell feels like I should throw it in the trash can ^^ Would do more dmg shoting a fast bow two times spending same amount of time.
[Image: dpcfmq0qegd53mozg.jpg]
Loki Kills: 357
Thor Kills: 330
Odin Kills: 259
Prince Kills: 401
King Ragnar Kills: 258

House Crafting: Support 39, Defender 33, Attacker 30
  Alchemist: Lvl 36
Blacksmith: Lvl 21
Armorsmith: Lvl 32
(12-11-2013, 09:14 AM)Nka19 link Wrote:Don't mess with my Ullrs Bane D: ... 

5 more dmg seems lovely but shoting slow as hell feels like I should throw it in the trash can ^^ Would do more dmg shoting a fast bow two times spending same amount of time.

I understand that the stat changes might make the powerful bows underpowered compared to the fast bows, which is why I also suggested that the powerful ones get shield penetration, like throwing weapons and some crossbows (if not all) have right now.
Also, keep in mind that missile speed is also a rather large factor in calculating the damage done by bows, and since the Ullr's Bane gets very fast arrows, that also adds to it's base damage.
But then again, these stats are all just to show my point, not as rock-hard numbers that can't be changed or something. Tongue

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
At this point all I will say is that bows will never have penetration...
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Oh, well, I suppose that fair enough, seeing the current speed of the high-end bows.

(12-11-2013, 02:20 PM)Maroon link Wrote:Also, keep in mind that missile speed is also a rather large factor in calculating the damage done by bows, and since the Ullr's Bane gets very fast arrows, that also adds to it's base damage.

It doesn't increase damage, it straightens the projectile arc and make it lose less damage per traveled meter. Same character firing the same bow (only difference between bows being projectile speed) will do the same damage to targets rather close to him. Ofcourse, high projectile speed makes it easier to aim on long distances and decreases damage loss due to distance.
The speed difference is too high Tongue

Go for something around 85 for the slower bows Tongue
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Ah, well, I'm no rocket scientist, so I'm never completely sure at what I'm saying when it comes to bows. Tongue
And yea, Senni, probably right, like I said, i haven't tried those values or anything, but looking at the Long Bow (which is the slowest atm at 81 speed), I came up with these stats. But yea, 67 will probably be very slow. xD
Anyway, I hope you get the point, might add some nice variations, and make some bows sidegrades of eachother, instead of all upgrades.