Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord unit strengths and weaknesses-melee fighters
while playing this game, I have found that every unit has a strength and an extremely crippling weakness.

Hired Javelineers; While they pose a great threat at a distance being incredibly accurate and inflicting high damage, they aren't very good melee fighters. If you can close the distance you should be able to destroy them with relative ease. Do not let them land their first blow with their sword however, it will be nearly impossible to stop their attacks afterwards.

Followers: While theses troops are moderately fast the most effective way to deal with them is to walk backwards and slash at them. With followers, the faster your weapon, the better. Lower levels cannot fight them blocking their attacks as it slows them down and lets more followers surround the player.

Nord Beserkers: These can be dealt with in a similar manner as the followers,but blocking is required because of their high damage and speed. A lengthy weapon helps, but a fast enough one will do.

Nord Skirmishers: While these troops seem formidable in uniform, a good two-handed slashing weapon works well. Walking backwards slashing at them reveals they take too long to swing. You may try to strike at these opportunities, but just slashing even when your weapon bounces off the shields works well too because the two-handed weapons take much less time to recover from an unsuccessful blow and damages the shield too.

I will update this post as I learn more on how to deal with some of the other rarer and tougher units.
Top Tip
Evilban - hit the nords in the face - thats there weakness.
great stuff keep it up man, i always get stuck on followers but know i think i can beat them
Here are some quick tips for soloing as a melee character:
1. have good positioning, have a place to back-pedal to, use terrain and walls to your advantage, and know the map!
2. side-to-side movement: to dodge pokes from chuffs/pikemen
3. sometimes moving into an enemy attack is more beneficial than trying to dodge
4. learn to feint
5. be at least a sergeant if you intend on going past skirmishers solo
6. don't be bad

If you actually have other players on the server, don't be a hero and don't worry about your kill count. Just barricade a defensible position with other players and have a shield wall. With this tactic, you'll be able to at least kill skirmishers even with a terrible team.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Aim for the face
"I am most comfortable dealing death from the shadows"
Fatsods are in fact, not fat. Run for your f**kin life.
top tip
chaaaargee!!!!!!
AMOR PATRIAE NOSTRA LEX
Archery/Crossbow Tactic (3rd Person)

Aim a little above the head, and you should hit them in the face. For the huscarl round shields its a lot harder.
(18-11-2013, 07:06 AM)Diamond_drop link Wrote: Fatsods are in fact, not fat. Run for your f**kin life.
What are fatsods? (give me a picture if u can)
AFG

Yeah just adding on to the tip about aiming for the face. For example with the steel sword I have noticed if you do a side slash right or left, and aim for the head, you can in fact kill them in one slash, also up attacks, don't just swing away and away (although this might be better in some cases), but with skirmishers you can actually one hit them with a steel sword and up attack if you can strike the tip of it square on their forehead. Placement of your blows can be key.
[Image: XopLSww.jpg]
TK_Argos - Level 52 Royal Guard
TK_Hoplitai - Level 52 Master Peltast
TK_Acteon - Level 52 Sentinel