Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Was this guide useful?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
55.56%
20 55.56%
Slightly.
25.00%
9 25.00%
No.
2.78%
1 2.78%
Plague us not with your vile scribblings, cretin!
16.67%
6 16.67%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Infantry Guide [Updated January 30, 2012]
Its posts like this that make me think we should have like real events where everyone participating is actually using teamwork and maybe on TS or something, I would love to how far we could get actually working as a team and not just faffing around causing trouble xD
I just played a round where a few of us set up deployable shields in the spawn of Swadian Village and managed to stop the cavalry in their tracks. Definitely a good item to have in conjunction with something like a glaive.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
great work.

deployable shields wall is our invention(but i dont like it, its barely glitching), but if there is a gate to get bot inside then its ok

but too many people play selfish. they think that teamwork will give them nothin Sad

they destroy shields to troll or just have fun(i dont know)

they go and die(without teamwork) on first waves.
(03-12-2011, 12:06 AM)Jez link Wrote: Its posts like this that make me think we should have like real events where everyone participating is actually using teamwork and maybe on TS or something, I would love to how far we could get actually working as a team and not just faffing around causing trouble xD

We really need a map where it's actually profitable not to charge like madmen.  Tongue

On a sidenote: I think the Nord huntsmen are a little bit too though Jez. Give them leather armour, same bows they have now, perhaps a little less accuracy (they tend to shoot my leggs while blocking, and actively dodging on my horse, or HS me when doing that) and more 1h weapons (axes, swords, shortswords)

The rangers should be the elite archers we fear, not huntsmen. They are added to make the early waves not a killfest, to make us more careful, but now we never get past those  :Smile
idd, those huntsmen survive a heavy lance stab at full speed Sad
Updated guide to reflect latest patch changes.
Added shield line tactics.
Added commando gear choices.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Very good guide, as said Jez, everything that promote teamwork is good!
We should try to organize special event dedicated on teamwork, trying to find new tactics, with TS and between houses.

As i became commando i used to protect archers, which are one of the key to success, i always stand side of archers group, once a bot reach them you kill him, and so archers can continue to pewpew without fear and they keep their concentration.

Another thing related to combat technics, is timing and rythme.
Bots have always the same fighting pattern, if you can hit him once then you can make combo and kill him.in a straight. After your first hit you have to make a little pause then strike again, the bot will not parry as he is trying to hit you in the same time.
Once you got the good rythme you become a killing machine, beware to use this tactics with several bots attacking you specially with pike and long weapons.
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
Good guide.

Also. Always go for enemies that attack your ally. A dead ally reduces the chances of team success much more than killing a few enemies for your own glory.

For this keep en eye for situational awareness. If your friend decided to leave the line and charge the enemy pack alone  there is not much you can do or should do. Trying to save the fool will likely lead to getting killed yourself. But always keep an eye open where there  the pressure is. If a friend is about to go down or a part of the line is wavering. Or as Blondin said, if you keep an overview you easily see when archers are in the danger zone. Help out.  When close to your archer friends, avoid sudden crossings of his/their line of fire.

If enemies are busy killig your friend, they leave a lot of opportunities on their flanks. Fast swings can easily decimate the attackers. Be ware stay close to your ally if you do this, or the enemy group will split and overwhelm you all.

When fighting the enemy in pairs, try not to swing your weapon at the same time. Two succesive swings will like give a great hit chance on the enemy. This works very well agains Huscarls and Zweihandlers.

Cheers,
(17-01-2012, 12:57 PM)Blondin link Wrote: ...beware to use this tactics with several bots attacking you specially with pike and long weapons...

+1 to this. pikes are evil against this method and so are the berzerkers long axes and similar, its preferable (but not very often practical) to try and take these on 1 at a time when possible.

Also very nice guide, and thanks to the link to my thread Smile similar format for archers next Smile
And when we get to heaven,
To st peter we will tell,
One more soldier reporting sir,
Iv'e served my time in hell.

contribute to the weapon progression documentationL http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php/...g8846.html
A easy weapon for infantery is in my opinion the pike.
I m myself a piker in crpg and in this mod and most people think that the pike is too slow and cant even hit from the side.
But what isnt considered much is the lenght, a piker can stand in a bit of distance, he can pike trough walls and allies and can hit an enemy if he doesnt expect or see it coming. That counts for humans, but against bots its even easier, cause with a pike you can support some shielder or heavy armored player,
the pikes costs are "low" and a piker doesnt require much armore as supporter. So even an infantery who only bought a pike and at best a footman helmet can be a useful assistance, for example piking enemys with 2 handed weapons or if some is attacked by multiple enemys pike the ones he cant block. And dont forget the bots habbit to start swinging while you are out of range, its easily to hit their head.

For  the damage: the pikes isnt always deadly, but it kills peasants and farmers rather easily and can also be useful agaisnt most two armored enemys.