Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Possible new normal barricade, newer version of the Aegis Shield fix
So err... Do you dev people want me to change anything to the cade, or do you think it's good as it is? I'm doing some moar modeling this week, so might as well work on the cade if needed.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Looking good. Send files and we will test it out.  Tongue
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4it37cvhqyf26ot/KApvwjXN86

Here you go, a folder with a brf file of all the files I've edited (Aegis Shield n stuff), and with the files for the Black Arrows and the new cade, plus textures for those 2.
You'll probably still need to make collision meshes and such, but I have no idea how that would work, so I'll leave that to you guys to do your magic on. Tongue

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Hey, I was strolling through the gamefiles yesterday, when I found the texturesheet for the Ullr's Bane and King's Will, and I sorta sat there for a second marveling at how nice it was. Whoever made it managed to squirm around 20 textures on one sheet, and they all looked pretty darn good. The guy that made it left his name on it, so I went looking for a bit, and found some more work of his, and it looks really awesome, in my opinion, and I think it could really be a nice addition to NI. Basically, he has retextured some of the Native weapons, and added some of his own work. Here's a bunch of screenies from what I could find:

This is just a handful out of the 250+ weapons he has, all of which have 4 different textures, ranging from bland to fancy. The one handers add up to 505 meshes, with scabbards. Some weapons that previous never had a scabbard have also gotten one, like the Soldier's Cleaver. Best of all, every weapon type has either one 2048x2048 texturesheet, or two 1024x1024 ones.
Looking at the one handers alone, he made about 450 meshes with just two 1024 texturesheets.

If you hadn't noticed yet, I'm very impressed by this guy's (Final_Boss is his name) work, and I think it would fit very nicely in the mod.

Right, made a new version again of the normal cade, as the previous one was too easy to stack. Thoughts?

It's basically a poor man's SHC/Wall Cade that blocks Nords as efficiently as SHCs (same size and general shape) but doesn't give you nearly as much cover from ranged fire.

Ok looks like we're off to a good start here. Would you be able to get rid of that post running across the three support beams though, we gotta try to keep this as "thin" as possible, and if that post was included, you would have to put a CO on it since it covers one of the gaps between the planks. The supporting posts are ok, since you simply wont be adding a CO for them.

That being said, if you simply lower the post so that its hiding behind the middle plank, then lower the support posts, so that they come to rest under the beam as its running across the middle planks, then that would be better. The size between the gaps is fine, since the normal cade was never about blocking ranged fire in the first place.

Overall a much better step in the right direction.
YunYun "I would do a lot of things to your face"
Yuri "Yes, Yes! Use me!
Takeo  "hey hey, I'm man on trust"
Diamond "I'm not an idiot!"
Hande "it makes you to be my.. son ?"
Kip "Mmm, I love unbuilt cades on stairs"
Rammy "Pls"
Deer https://i.imgur.com/Kj0lb8N.png
Tarrod "should I show you my biceps or wat"
I quite like the crossbeam (vanity was never one of my best qualities Tongue), so how about this?

(31-07-2014, 03:14 PM)Maroon link Wrote:I quite like the crossbeam (vanity was never one of my best qualities Tongue), so how about this?

PERFECT this is EXACTLLY what i had in mind when i was trying to explain it.

For the collision mesh, youll only have to worry about covering those front planks and the 3 vertical posts, leave the crossbeam and supports without a collision mesh, this will mean it will be able to be built in the same way, or at least very close to the SHC.

Once you've finished to your satisfaction, send the mesh n stuff to either me or kip.
YunYun "I would do a lot of things to your face"
Yuri "Yes, Yes! Use me!
Takeo  "hey hey, I'm man on trust"
Diamond "I'm not an idiot!"
Hande "it makes you to be my.. son ?"
Kip "Mmm, I love unbuilt cades on stairs"
Rammy "Pls"
Deer https://i.imgur.com/Kj0lb8N.png
Tarrod "should I show you my biceps or wat"