Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Possible new normal barricade, newer version of the Aegis Shield fix
(07-04-2014, 05:12 PM)Maroon link Wrote:I've slightly adjusted the color of the logs by the way, which one would be better?

they look uhhh......very green.
YunYun "I would do a lot of things to your face"
Yuri "Yes, Yes! Use me!
Takeo  "hey hey, I'm man on trust"
Diamond "I'm not an idiot!"
Hande "it makes you to be my.. son ?"
Kip "Mmm, I love unbuilt cades on stairs"
Rammy "Pls"
Deer https://i.imgur.com/Kj0lb8N.png
Tarrod "should I show you my biceps or wat"
(07-04-2014, 05:54 PM)Thatsmybanana link Wrote:[quote author=Maroon link=topic=23919.msg173262#msg173262 date=1396890744]
I've slightly adjusted the color of the logs by the way, which one would be better?

they look uhhh......very green.
[/quote]

Hehe, fair enough, asking someone who's colorblind to texture doesn't always give you the best results. Tongue

Anyways, I've taken away the green-ness of the last version, and added nails to the planks. Thoughts?

I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
I'm just gonna suggest something, and have a mull over it. If you remove those bottom 3 logs lying on the ground and leave the main pole running up top. have the 3 X of support be tied to this main mast running up top. That way the end product would be two fences stuck into the ground by the bottom stakes, and tied together with rope via the wooden pole up top.

Another alternative i can see, would be to push the two sides closer together so that the support X logs rest against the uppermost nailed plank opposite them, this way you wont need the rope up top since the sides will be leaning against each other, or against just have the X beams tied directly to the mast up top.

Texture wise- the logs are perfect, no tweaking needed there Imo. The planks look really blurry though, perhaps replace that, or at least sharpen it up. And while we are on the subject of the planks, perhaps have them be a bit mis-shapen and crooked, instead of perfectly 2x4 and horizontally aligned. Gives is a more "hand-made" look. And you could always use the crossbow-string texture for the ropes?

Hope you take this as suggestions for improvement rather than criticism. I like it, i really do.
Yuri "Yes, Yes! Use me!
Rammy "Pls"
Thanks for the suggestions. I've had a chat about it with k4mi earlier today, and we've been thinking about removing the ropes as a whole, and instead increasing the logs in size at the parts where they cross, and then have the extra big parts textured as a coiled rope. This way, 2 logs next to each-other will look as if tied together, while there isn't an actual rope there in the first place. This solves the issues I've had with the ropes, as they take up the bulk of the polygon amount atm. I'll also make the planks a bit less square, they indeed look too precisely cut now.
I'll see how it looks after I've done that, and if it doesn't look right, I'll look into the alternatives you've suggested.

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(07-04-2014, 11:47 PM)Maroon link Wrote:I'll also make the planks a bit less square, they indeed look too precisely cut now.
a "easy" way to do this, is by subdividing the surface of the plank and move the vertexes a bit
Newer version is done, it has ropes coiling around the logs where they intersect, and I've made the planks a bit more crooked.

Some new screenies:
Is it good like this, or does it need some more work?

looks absolutely fantastic imo, the only thing i could nag about, if anything, is the texture of the planks.

They just seem blurry and weird to look at.
Yuri "Yes, Yes! Use me!
Rammy "Pls"
Here's a quick rework of the planks' textures, is it any better?

[Image: 02300485cfb795a20da3d763cafd491c.png]

i like this second version, yup.
Yuri "Yes, Yes! Use me!
Rammy "Pls"
Especially the ropes are nicely done now. Good job there
'Who needs social life if you have double experience?' -yuri