Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Rules of auction
(01-05-2012, 09:28 AM)Kwal link Wrote: Has this anything to do with coal being priced 20k a piece?

Most likely.

I deliberately drove up my normal selling prices (was gradually selling it all off anyway) to roughly double the norm and three players were buying everything regardless.

Items in particular were Metal, Sturdy Wood and Coal.

Metal - hasn't been selling for 1k per piece for a long time, but they were taking it as soon as it was listed.

Sturdy Wood - I was initially having trouble selling this for 500 per piece, but 2k per piece was no detterent.

Coal - regular price lately has been 1-1.2 each and they're taking it for 6k

Was already ticking along nicely by dabbling in the AH, then doubled my balance in an hour and a half because of those three.

One of them then went and listed 1 x Cursed Stones for 2mil.

PA_le_chti just bought 15 x Leather off me at about 500 each. Has now listed the same 15 units for 80k (5333.33 each)
(01-05-2012, 12:17 PM)Noidenous link Wrote: One of them then went and listed 1 x Cursed Stones for 2mil.

Well i guess noone will buy that but he wasted 100k for putting it up...
(01-05-2012, 12:24 PM)Pvt_Dancer link Wrote: [quote author=Noidenous link=topic=3057.msg25593#msg25593 date=1335874666]
One of them then went and listed 1 x Cursed Stones for 2mil.

Well i guess noone will buy that but he wasted 100k for putting it up...
[/quote]

Exactly. The thing that's going to pummel their own sphincters is that all players with the cash required have been around long enough to know not to touch their prices.
I just dumped sparkly necklaces onto the AH using one of my trading alts. Some for 1k and other for 5k. I figured I would test their resolve.

If these chaps want to price fix, then they have to pay me good money for the privilege (I dont recommend reasonable people actually buy these mats) and I can assure them I have more mats than they have gold.

Smile

Nice try lads, but you get an F for economics. The problem with trying to be a price fixer when you don't control supply is that you become a price taker for every item on the market below what you are asking for.

Please note, these are not VLKA mats, if Majota the house trader decided to put 5% of our mats on the ah then any monolopy would break pretty much straight away.

Good for them they purchased my good. Thanks for the free 60k  Big Grin
Haha. Just 'bought' some padded leather armor for -1 gold.

That's someone paying me one gold to take the armor off their hands.  :o

On top of that, a house member just 'bought' a linen tunic for -100 gold.
Don't want to go all poli sci 101 (European and yes the subject is taught differently in the US) but all markets require regulation even so called "free markets", because to keep them free and a level playing field to some degree, that requires regulation. Imagine the NFL without referees? Hope the devs don't have to step in to correct this. I craft and trade a fair bit and usually ask what I think is a fair price in the market, I mean this is co-op and both sides in a trade should walk away thinking they got a decent deal.
the market in this case is taking care of itself.. Every time someone puts up a mat for an absurd price they:

a) are taking money out of the economy by giving it to the AH
b) have to defend that price

The goods will return to a reasonable price relatively quickly. Cause price fixers will run out of money before I run out of mats to make them buy.
Everything is solved with patience and knowledge. Nobody can hold a monopoly on Nord Invasion materials because everybody who plays the game has the potential to produce. The only reason why prices are rising is be because gold has become easier to get and that causes natural inflation. This is also boosted because people will always buy the cheaper materials, giving the illusion of a high market price because you only see the high price goods.

If the players supplying the meterials continue to sell at a reasonable price then the moguls who buy cheap will eventually have to bring their price down to remain competitive.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]