Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Run Optimization and You
Very informative, i'm usually at a loss of what to do when there are already slashers/shielders/ranged and this has helped clear things up :-)
Updated the guide with some points regarding situation analysis and toming.

(20-03-2014, 09:06 PM)madjosh link Wrote: [quote author=human_being link=topic=24420.msg170874#msg170874 date=1395322492]
[quote author=madjosh link=topic=24420.msg170850#msg170850 date=1395290967]
you forgot to add the part about siphoning through 70% (maybe 80% now) of the maps which take 3-4 hours to complete no matter how efficient the team is and that your better off flipping the map in order to optimise run efficiency
No good team needs 4 hrs for a rag run. That's just not true.
[/quote]

we're talking about pub teams...i have seen and been in 4 hour rag runs on maps such as coastel raid, swadian temple FUS the list goes on
[/quote]

Madjosh, he did say "good" teamsĀ  :Smile I agree that some maps do take longer than others. To take 4 hours on a Rag run on maps like Coastal Raid, Swadian Temple, and FUS would more likely be a problem of team motivation than anything else. If you spent three or four minutes between each tome during preparations for Thor or Odin, your run will take a while. If your players aren't taking risks, that's more time you spend on the same wave.

Though yes, pub teams do suffer the most from these problems of inefficiency. But it's not only pub teams that can have these issues. I've seen teams in private events where five or more members in the run would be standing around doing nothing while we prepared for Thor or Odin unless asked specifically. And these are runs with the same group of players who have done it dozens of times. Of course, it may also boil down to whether or not the players are motivated or not. What should be done during any particular wave is well-established yet these runs are still afflicted with inefficiency.

ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
this guide isn't for a good team...they should already know these things
This might also be a good place to list how many barrels some of the wave bosses can survive before dying (if previously untouched). I'll list the ones I have tested.

Normal Mode - Prince: 4
Hard Mode - Ragnar: 5 (highest number used has been five, am planning to test six)
(22-03-2014, 08:44 PM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: This might also be a good place to list how many barrels some of the wave bosses can survive before dying (if previously untouched). I'll list the ones I have tested.

Normal Mode - Prince: 4
Hard Mode - Ragnar: 5 (highest number used has been five, am planning to test six)

Someone told me that speed bonus actually applies on damages taken from barrels, too. (and as we know, speed bonus can make hell of a difference - especially with the enormous athletic skill of the late Bosses) - thought/knowledge on that?
'Who needs social life if you have double experience?' -yuri
I believe speed bonuses do apply, but I haven't tested it extensively. After 5 barrels on Ragnar, it can still take quite a few attacks to finish him off which is why I was considering experimenting by using a 6th barrel.
Prince can also die at the 4th Barrel (on rare occasions) so i personally prefer three there.
Wusel @ Omnia
(23-03-2014, 08:25 AM)Legend link Wrote: Prince can also die at the 4th Barrel (on rare occasions) so i personally prefer three there.

Think that could be explained by a random element in armor absorption formula (2 identical hits will do different amounts of damage), although that depends how barrel delivers damage.