Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Foundations of a Bladeforge - A students 3d models
blood line was used to make it easier for a person to pull the blade out of someonewhen they stabbed them, or just to let more blood flow.Blood line is the indent in the middle of the blade.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
ohh i thought he meant bloodline like a family bloodline, hmm am stupidier than i think, i just be quiet now  :-X
(12-07-2012, 09:58 PM)Jarold link Wrote: blood line was used to make it easier for a person to pull the blade out of someonewhen they stabbed them, or just to let more blood flow.Blood line is the indent in the middle of the blade.

Actually there is no historical basis to believe that and both those theories have been discussed and disproven afaik. It's still commonly called blood line but what it was actually for is heavy speculated. The best explanation so far is to save up on the metal and weight and because it looks nice.
nice models guy!
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
(12-07-2012, 10:26 PM)Kwal link Wrote: [quote author=Jarold link=topic=4324.msg35504#msg35504 date=1342130323]
blood line was used to make it easier for a person to pull the blade out of someonewhen they stabbed them, or just to let more blood flow.Blood line is the indent in the middle of the blade.

Actually there is no historical basis to believe that and both those theories have been discussed and disproven afaik. It's still commonly called blood line but what it was actually for is heavy speculated. The best explanation so far is to save up on the metal and weight and because it looks nice.
[/quote]
Indeed but I am not discussing the merits of the theory, merely stating that that is one of its names. The term is still used today alongside blood groove and the technical term of fuller. The purpose not only serves to lighten the weight but plays an essential role in the flexibility of weapons (see any of the modern fencing weapons). And beyond that, the axe still does not require one Tongue
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
I know, it was in response to Jarold, I hear those myths so much it's just an automatic reaction for me to try and set it straight, going off topic in this case..

The flexibility can be a purpose of the fuller, you're absolutely right about that, but I don't always mention that because it was also found in historical weapons which are pretty much non-flexible by definion, such as some seaxes. The axe doesn't need one of course but I think people are referring to the sword model which was edited to the OP ;D
Nice models!  ;D
Great sword model alee, well done again Smile.

For sharpness, try to recompute normals in openbrf and make it full(or most) hard edged Smile. Also if you want to give your models sharp edges in 3dmax at modelling stages, you can try to add more edgeloops at that edges you want to be sharper, but that will increase its polycount.
Attack of the smileys! Beware!
Soanyways loli got a little off subject with my comment, but anyways. If your doing request could you make a lion headed great hammer, lol i really want to see one. Tongue
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
oh we have so much nice modellers now, hope the admins like the models!
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]