Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

TyrokaFX Modeling Corner
TyrokaFX

Well a friend of mine, is pretty good at modeling so I'm posting his work for you here. Maybe some stuff can be used in game later. At the moment I only have one two pictures :/ But more will follow soon!

His Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TyrokaFX

Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
Looks cool, but fits in less than the old aurora blade...
[Image: 76561198069110595.png]

Dragon Halberd
Thanos Legacy
Studded Gauntlets
Vagabond Helmet

| darklit | Esox | Isoptera | Bombina | Branta | Agnus | Caridea| Hyla |
Fancy renders of almost decent models..  Tongue

The model itself has quite a bunch of issues, same goes for the textures, if you want to impress make a screenshot of this sword rendered via openBRF or in-game.
Looking at his channel though, he should be able to do better than this, so I guess its older work?
(06-01-2015, 08:01 PM)-Perception- link Wrote:Fancy renders of almost decent models..  Tongue

The model itself has quite a bunch of issues, same goes for the textures, if you want to impress make a screenshot of this sword rendered via openBRF or in-game.
Looking at his channel though, he should be able to do better than this, so I guess its older work?

The problem is, we both tried or best to get it working. But we don't find a way to import it from cinema4d to brf without recreating the UV Maps from hand, which is a pain in the ass. We will try to continue to fix that Big Grin The work is new but he did not invest that much time and he is pretty new to all this medieval stuff. I will tell him to look into your criticism and he will change that probably Wink He added a shield:
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

Dang I should get Cinema4D already.. or a better PC to begin with.. etc.  Big Grin

Also, some suggestions:
- Take a look into texturing, especially the metal texture could use some work. (This one is really good to start with.)
- Check your normals, aka Smooth/Flat shading. When you take a look at those brown parts on the shield (Material?) you can see the edges quite clearly, same on parts of the blade.

Regarding the UV map, I guess it really depends on how youve done it, but usually it should not be a problem at all, just export as .obj an import directly into openBRF.
(Screenshot?)
Thanks for your help. He will definitely look into your criticism. Well we have an object file but if you import it to openbrf it has no textures on it? :O
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

You have to add the textures to the brf file as well, then create a material that uses those textures and assign the material to your mesh.
Also make sure to place the brf file and the textures in the same warband module, just make a copy of native and put the brf in the Resource, the textures in the Textures directory. You might have to restart openBRF once after doing that.
What textures exactly? If I follow the tutorial from Senioren we still also need the UV maps.. Or are they included in the obj file?
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

Well, the textures you had for the model in the first place.

Senni explains it a bit more in his tutorial:

(23-04-2013, 12:27 AM)Senni link Wrote:OpenBrf

Load it up, then:
Import -> static mesh (find your .obj model file)
Click no if it asks to import as seperate meshes.

You will probably have to scale down and rotate the model. 2 squares is the right kind of scale, you can always scale it up later.

Now:
Import -> new material -> click ok.
Name it whatever you want, something to do with the model.

[...]

Next step:
Import -> new texture -> find all your textures (texture, spec, norm) -> Ok.

Basically, a Warband model (no experience with any other kind of modeling) requires two different types of file; a .obj file, which is your model without any textures. .Obj files do store a UV-map, though. The second type of file is .dds, which is a texture file. Openbrf is used to link the two filetypes together through a material.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."