Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

General tips, and thoughts for beginners, and other stuff!
Hello, forums!
I know I don't post much, but I am going to post here, my thoughts and strategies to help a beginner, or anyone who has a goal in general get through it, and also, some extra stuff.
I feel like this post has been needed, because with all of the higher up people in this game it is difficult to sometimes level, get a goal, etc. So I am going to give all of my tips in this thread for leveling, what to do when leveling and how to do it efficiently.

I feel as though everyone just assumes everyone else knows what their doing, and that everyone feels welcomed and encouraged to stay; but this might not be the case. So, I am also writing this to encourage new players, and to generally help everyone remember to put fun over goals in this game.

1. Welcome to Nord Invasion!
So, you've joined the website, huh? Well let me tell you something, as a newbie to this game, you aren't going to get very far. Know that there are 4 classes, Archer, Crossbowman, Pikeman and Infantry.
I am not going to go to deep into detail on this, but here's what I will say.
1. Archer; If you are that ranged guy, you don't even like thinking about melee, and you love bows and arrows, and fast shooting, this is your class.

2. Crossbowman; Crossbowman is ranged as well, but there is more of a focus on melee, and the crossbows you do get reload quite slowly compared to a bow, but do much more damage.

3. Pikeman; Pikeman is a melee class, and a ranged class at the same time. You throw spears and daggers and axes at people, and do a ton of damage, but when someone gets to close you pull out your polearm, which also does a lot of damage. Essentially it is a mix of the two classes above, but if you do chose this, expect an individual experience from the rest of the classes.

4. Infantry; Do you LOVE running in and destroying nords with swords? Do you want to smash a face in with a giant hammer? This is the class for you! Tank your way into nord invasion by choosing this class.

2. Ugh, when am I going to get anywhere in this?

I have always thought this, leveling up characters, trying to save money for anything, etc.
Here is my point of view; Remember, while goals are important, this is a mod! You will reach your goals eventually, but what is the point if you have no fun doing so? Try not to focus so much on goals, and try to remember that you are playing this to entertain yourself.

For the newbies, as you level up and get more money, just remember that your main goal as a tier 1, is to get to tier 3, because that is where the magic happens. At tier 3, you will be able to hold your own, and it is basically the point in the game where you will start to get that feeling of "Wow, this was so worth it!" But remember from above, this is just a mod, so try to have fun while getting there.

If you are trying to save money, or get legendaries, you will never last if you continue thinking about them constantly. It will make the game a lot less enjoyable. If it's all you can think about, then try and make some friends on the mod! If you have people to talk to and hang out with, it makes the mod a ton more fun, and it has been mentioned that the legendary drop system is in favor of larger teams Big Grin Not only will you make friends, but you will enjoy the mod more, while making more money because you are playing in larger groups; it will all work itself out.

Don't know how to make friends? Look into houses!

3. Let's get down to buisness.

Okay; while this may be a bit extensive, I feel as though it could be of use to anyone, really. What I want to do is explain what to go for in equipment; depending on your preference, and what class you are. So here we go.

Archer
As an archer, there is no preference, really. It's quite straight forward in what you should get.
What your loadout for archer should be, is;
A bow
Arrows
A melee weapon
And for any armor, make sure it's weight is adequate.

Sadly, you do not have much choice in what bow you want unless you have a lot money, but the higher the tier you are, the better the bows will get.
For arrows, there are usually always a better crafter version of whatever you have; just with a different name.
For a melee weapon, try and keep it light; a one handed is best suited, and make sure it is very fast. As an archer, you will learn that with your melee, you will do a lot more slashing than blocking, so you need the speed.
Your armor should be light weight; if it is a few more points of armor, but a lot of weight, do not go for it. Keep it light, so you can escape an enemies reach, and you won't even be worrying about those few armor points.

Crossbowman

While I have not played crossbowman much myself, I can give a few tips on it.

Here's what you would like;
A strong crossbow, preferably a fast reloading one too. Fast reloading is very important, and can drop your mortality rate.
A fast, and strong melee weapon as well. Make sure as a crossbowman you keep damage over speed though, because you will be meleeing a lot more than an archer would, so you need the extra damage.
Piercing bolts; Make sure you have the best bolts you can get, and that they will pierce through armor; that also depends on other factors, too but bolts are important.
As for armor, weight is not as important on an archer, but make sure you do have some wiggle room in running speed. Although your preference should be on higher armor points, keep an eye on weight.

Pikeman

Pikeman is quite a fun class. You do a lot of damage; and you're very fast too.

Here's what you should consider when getting your loadout;
Two of your slots should be your throwing weapon. Now, here is where you can be picky; there are two types of throwing weapons from what I have seen, axes, and spears. While not all of them will have "axe" or "spear" in their names, this is the difference; Axes are much more accurate and do high damage, Spears are much faster thrown and reach their destination faster. From the beginning, you will figure out which one is your preference, and when you do you should stick with it as you level up and you will soon master it and be the best you can at it.
Your polearm, is also a picky choice. You essentially have two options with polearms as well. The two categories are again, "spears" but also "arms", at least that is what I would call them. Spears are types of polearms that pierce, they do the stabbing motion the best, and tend to be longer. Arms tend to be more like axes; a bit shorter, a bit faster, but a lot more damage. Whichever one you prefer is up to you.
As for armor, most pikeman armor weighs the same, but make sure you keep adequate head armor in mind, as you will be encountering a lot of ranged attacks as a pikeman, because you will find it is part of their playstyle. Keep your armor light, and if you feel it necessary, do not wear any foot armor, as it will help you run faster. Remember that the more weight you have, the slower you swing, and that will help you be a better pikeman.

Infantry
Guess what! You're a tank.
Here's what should be considered;
Now, the entire layout is changeable but there are two main inventory layouts to consider, upon preference.

For one, if you enjoy using a one handed sword, this is what you should do for your weapons slots.
A shield; preferably a good one, the more hitpoints the better, but make sure it covers a good portion of your body as well.
Two slots will be shields.
One slot will be a one hander, and as an infantry you want the whole cake; speed and damage. Make sure damage is on your mind though, because as a tank, you can take the hits, and then deal all the damage back to get the kill.

For two, you have the two handed preference, which should be as following;
A two hander; which can be long or short, depending on what you'd like, and it should do tons of damage, because, well, that's what two handers do. Try to remember speed with a two hander, though because with no time to pull out shields you will need it.
A shield; Just incase you are in a dire situation where you need it. Same as above.
A one hander; damage is definitely to be considered with the one hander over speed as a two handed main, because if you are in a situation where you are pulling out your shield, you want to kill off the enemy with one or two hits as quick as possible.

If you think you are very good with a two hander, try two shields and a two hander.

As for armor; remember that you are a tank. Weight should not matter much to you, unless you main in two handed as swinging faster does depend on how much you are wearing; but it should not matter much either way. You are a tank. Try to go for armor points over weight; anything to let you get that extra hit in for the kill before you are done for.

I don't know if this will be helpful, but I find these tips helpful to myself and I thought I would share them with all of you.
Thank you for reading! Smile
Nice and funny tutorial for beginners.
(18-05-2015, 08:56 PM)Joey link Wrote: (...) I am also writing this to encourage new players, and to generally help everyone remember to put fun over goals in this game.(...) You will reach your goals eventually, but what is the point if you have no fun doing so? Try not to focus so much on goals, and try to remember that you are playing this to entertain yourself.(...) If you are trying to save money, or get legendaries, you will never last if you continue thinking about them constantly. It will make the game a lot less enjoyable. If it's all you can think about, then try and make some friends on the mod! If you have people to talk to and hang out with, it makes the mod a ton more fun, and it has been mentioned that the legendary drop system is in favor of larger teams Big Grin Not only will you make friends, but you will enjoy the mod more, while making more money because you are playing in larger groups; it will all work itself out.(...)
I like that Joey. There's been too many discussions on "I wanna be rich". Thanks for reminding us this all is for fun. Smile
I think we need more posts like this in the community. Nicely said
Thank you for your input! Smile
Any tips For hardmode? Im Level 31 About to go into Hardmode T3 skir Do u have Any tips for me to Not Get one shot By about everything?
Don't stay still while in sight of ranged nords, don't peek assassins on wave 8, and generally as pike provide support fire for Shielders/etc.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

So basically Stay Behind The Tin cans?
Basically try and pick up throwing weapons from mhigher tier teammates and provide ranged support for the shieldwall.
If you peek at ranged bots pre aim, peek out and shoot and instantly go back into cover. Bots need a little time to aim at you before they shoot at u. Use that time to your advantage.
Also never peek to close to other ranged doing the same as they might get shot by a bot that aimed at you or you might catch an arrow to the face that was meant for a teammate whos already back in cover.

If you find nothing else to do or noone else does it already spam heal.
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017