Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Repeater Crossbow
I did donate them to your house D:.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

(06-02-2013, 11:38 AM)Swadius link Wrote: I did donate them to your house D:.
I see. Scratch what I said earlier. Smile
CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!
Well ive now seen 2 different ppl with repeaters (UK_Irish and VLKA_Benschie)

And i had the chance to use use them in hard mode

My thoughts:
Awesome damage output - RoF is amazing (does eat thru ammo tho so u'll have to refill after every 1-2 rounds, or just carry double bolts)
You just need to find a good spot where you can shoot at clusters of enemies (due to low accuracy) without hitting teammates, so it's effectiveness varies from map to map

If i had a spare 2 mill or the mats i'd get one crafted right away!
VLKA_Tee - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Tea - Royal Guard
VLKA_TeeHee - Master Peltast
VLKA_Killboy - Warden
And think of the amount of moaning we used to hear...
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
In game stats for the repeater are

Weight: 11  ( :o Its very heavy and you can really notice it in movement speed)
Damage: 95p
Accuracy: 39
Speed rating: 30

I Highly recommend having a arbalest and repeater combo due to its lack of accuracy.
VLKA_Benschie - Royal Guard, lvl 22 Alchemist
VLKA_Tanngnjostr - Master Peltast, lvl 16 Blacksmith
VLKA_Tanngrisnir - Marauder, lvl 19 Armorsmith
VLKA_Victim - Warden, lvl 37 Arrow Magnet
Just Made T4 with my xbowman. In two maps I think the repeater made itself worth more than the mats I used for them, albeit I carried in 3 of them at a time and half the team, or the team that was alive at the time was equipped with them.

On Outskirts, we managed to get to wave 17 with barely any cades at all. I think I was the 3rd in kills with about 150, fact was that half a dozen redshirts with them can sweep the cades clean of nords incredibly fast. On the pikemen wave, only 5 of us were alive and with me shielding the other 4 people with their repeaters, we basically took care of 16 people's worth of pikemen. 1 was an SS, 1 was a heavy skirm, and 2 were redshirts.

On Great hall, we also made it past pikemen only to die again on wave 17. We caded by the side near the shrine and the wide front allowed around 6 of us with repeaters to rain an ungodly volume of fire upon the nords. It obviously wasn't very accurate, but the volume of dakka we put out took care of hit percentages. Mixed waves on wave 15 and wave 13 didn't even reach the shieldwall, and only a meagre fraction of hesirs made it before being finished off by the slashers and ranged. On this map admittedly I didn't get a lot of kills, but I think this was mostly because the lanes of fire were so good (nords had to charge straight at us from one end of the hall to the other) that even players with little to no xbow proficiency could get off good shots with the thing.

On the subject of its accuracy, I would say 2/7 to 2/6 shots would land nominally near the centre. It's not great, and shouldn't be used long ranged unless it's aimed at a blob of nords, but in mid to short range it is simply amazing.

Overall this weapon is a massive departure on what xbowmen normally do in a game. Unlike the role of being anti-ranged and anti-boss, this weapon is meant to be used short range on basically anything that gets to the cades. It's almost like a melee weapon. For usage, I find the method that brings out the best of the repeater is to simply shoot as many bolts as possible. At 45 accuracy, aiming should only be nominal, all that needs to be done is to point it in the general direction of the target.

But above all of this, I think the role of the repeater is found as a cade sweeper. As all ranged come to know, when a nord is whacking at the cades, they start jittering and landing a hit can often be problematic. More so when you have to aiming for the head because your damage output isn't that good. A repeater doesn't need to get head shots to attain kills because of its high damage output, and the best tactic, other than being an incredibly good shooter, when trying to kill jittery nords at the cades, is to increase the volume of fire on them. Of both of these points, the repeater does very well, and being up close at the cade, its inaccuracy is made minimal. This is well demonstrated in even hardmode. The second highest person in kills was a T3 xbowman with a repeater clearing the cades of nords when they built up.

Quote:Here's the stats:
Repeater Crossbow
Weight: 5.0
Damage: 80p
Accuracy: 25

Actual in-game stats are
Here's the stats:
Repeater Crossbow
Weight: 11.0
Accuracy: 45
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

Good to hear they're that good! Big Grin

(09-02-2013, 12:15 PM)Swadius link Wrote:
Quote:Here's the stats:
Repeater Crossbow
Weight: 5.0
Damage: 80p
Accuracy: 25

Actual in-game stats are
Here's the stats:
Repeater Crossbow
Weight: 11.0
Accuracy: 45

Thanks, I'll edit them!
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Hey

Im new to NordInvasion and I have to admit that  there's much to love about this mod Smile. Created my crossbowman few days ago, managed to level up him to 3th tier. In one game some dude spawned repeater crossbows and I instantly fell in love with that weapon. I'm wondering, how much would it take to get my own one, considering that I'm totally fresh player? Is it kinda mission impossible :c?

cheers!
(11-02-2013, 01:22 PM)Chromek link Wrote: Hey

Im new to NordInvasion and I have to admit that  there's much to love about this mod Smile. Created my crossbowman few days ago, managed to level up him to 3th tier. In one game some dude spawned repeater crossbows and I instantly fell in love with that weapon. I'm wondering, how much would it take to get my own one, considering that I'm totally fresh player? Is it kinda mission impossible :c?

cheers!

The Repeater is worth around 2,4 million, you either gonna be lucky and loot some legendary (dun sell it directly, first post in the forums to see what it`s worth) or its gonna take some time I fear.
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
So I guess I should focus on obtaining some other weapons at this stage. I heard that Arbalest is good, thats what I should aim for after getting to tier 4?