Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread
Hello NI Community,

This thread has been created to let you give input in a way that is both easy for me to keep track of and for you to be able to see all in one place.  Below I will detail out different item set reworks before they happen so you can get your opinion in on them ahead of time.  First, the rules of the thread:

Do and Don't Section:
Do - post your opinion in a way that explains your position clearly and with logical points.
Do - try to compare to other weapons and stats as much as possible, but don't reach for bad comparisons (comparing bows to swords, for example).
Do - try to follow the format of the discussion points on this thread.
Do - make sure all currently stated stats you use are current and up-to-date.  Do your research before posting.
Do - keep on topic.

Don't - bring up items that should be added into the game.  This is not the place to do that.
Don't - use excessive capitalization or punctuation marks.
Don't - be aggressive or make fun of other people putting forth their suggestions.

Furthermore, if you would like an item added to the discussion, PM me.  If you just want to talk about stats, posting on the thread is fine as long as you keep to the previously mentioned rules.

Current Item Set Discussions:

I look forward to hearing everyone's opinions and hopefully making more items feel more unique.
Yes dwarf definitely needs a little buff, right now it's comparatively worse to the others & still selling at the same cost.

As for blunt thrust damage that sounds amazing. Maybe make thrust useful for once like in native.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
(07-09-2015, 06:02 PM)Winter link Wrote: Current Item Discussions:
Legendary 2h Swords
Proposed Changes:
VGS:  95spd/65c/48p/139r
Legacy:  97spd/64c/52p/145r

Legacy is Zweihander-only, VGS isn't(?).
Thus, more swing damage for Legacy would be a logic decission, I think. Maybe nerf it's speed instead and/or the stab.
26.08.15-Fang of Fenrir

[Image: NqiKO60.png]
(07-09-2015, 07:05 PM)Namakan link Wrote: [quote author=Winter link=topic=47440.msg242219#msg242219 date=1441648967]
Current Item Discussions:
Legendary 2h Swords
Proposed Changes:
VGS:  95spd/65c/48p/139r
Legacy:  97spd/64c/52p/145r

Legacy is Zweihander-only, VGS isn't(?).
Thus, more swing damage for Legacy would be a logic decission, I think. Maybe nerf it's speed instead and/or the stab.
[/quote]
Well I the Legacy is faster, longer and has more dmg while stabing, just the Swing dmg is one less. I would say the difference between those two swords is perfect.
The Legacy is now where it needs to be.
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling
Winter's proposed stats at a first glance offer a great deal of diversity between the hallmark swords in this mod, allowing the player to choose between his preferred style of weapon. Whether or not this will translate as well into the game as it does from the numbers above only time/testing can tell. While the latest legacy stat change is in my opinion far to advanced for the mode in which it drops at this stage, I see no reason why there can't be another class locked sword available to zwei that could drop from a harder mode to fill the high damage, high speed but lower length niche, maybe even an axe. As for the Dwarf Axe, its proposed stats above seem fine balance wise, but if we're talking model logicality it would make sense to give it better cut at the expense of speed, similar to its native counterparts which deal tremendous damage if you manage to land your blow.
Going Deep
(08-09-2015, 05:17 AM)Madjosh link Wrote: Winter's proposed stats at a first glance offer a great deal of diversity between the hallmark swords in this mod, allowing the player to choose between his preferred style of weapon. Whether or not this will translate as well into the game as it does from the numbers above only time/testing can tell. While the latest legacy stat change is in my opinion far to advanced for the mode in which it drops at this stage, I see no reason why there can't be another class locked sword available to zwei that could drop from a harder mode to fill the high damage, high speed but lower length niche, maybe even an axe. As for the Dwarf Axe, its proposed stats above seem fine balance wise, but if we're talking model logicality it would make sense to give it better cut at the expense of speed, similar to its native counterparts which deal tremendous damage if you manage to land your blow.

Maybe Get another Legendary Axe that is A little Longer but a much bigger head.  But that would be a different thread
Added the Teutonic Shield to the discussion.
(13-09-2015, 04:04 PM)Winter link Wrote: Added the Teutonic Shield to the discussion.

I like this change and think it makes sense to go with the rest of the high end Shields.  Similar but different.
I feel that AB shouldn't have gained such a damage boost. So, I imagine AB has got like 60 cut now? I find that it makes 2h house crafted weapons a bit useless. Of course AB's price is going to rise but for how much? Remember Dragon Axe at the time? It got a great damage buff but its price barrely increased. There were and are still  very common as for AB.
On top of that, AB has already a great reach and a great speed and is usable by like all T3 classes? Even archers bring better two handed than any commando on the server.

One other thing is about the Eastern Katana and Dwarf Axe. I don't know what position Dwarf Axe has in NI economy. Is it to make it comparable to the other 2h orange legendaries? Or is it a medium between 2h high- tier weapons and the other 2h legendaries? With this update, EK has become really OP compared to Dwarf Axe. Okay, EK is a sword and the other one is an axe, but still, I think EK was good enough with 60. There is a 50 length difference between them and as from now they have the same speed. Therefore, there should be a damage gap between them and I find a 2 damage gap just not enough.
Imperial_Eagle, Legionnaire
Zweiter_Imperial_Eagle, Zweihander
Puma, Chosen Marksman
Fennec_Fox, Master Peltast
Another_Imperial_Eagle, Sentinel

Ab: Needs a Nerf other wise my as well sell Elegant Greatsword,Bidenhander,Forlorn Hope.... for one
Ek: 62c ye dose make scene as crafted have 60+ cut yet Dwarf Axe need a change to 50 something (p) to make it fair ?
Sok: Why ? then Buff Tower

This update is good for the people that have some of the weapons yet have made others worth nothing like Justice,Elegant Greatsword,etc...

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|