Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Help build weapon
hi, i am trying to design a new weapon to support, but I need some advice. I'm finishing the model to create with 3ds studio, but I have a doubt on the animation, that I should create a ballista and wanted to know if you have to use a special program to give the animation bending wood like that of a crossbow.
Im not a modeler myself but I believe you have to create a model of the weapon undrawn and another drawn and warband does the rest, I don't know how you would set it up when adding it to the game however.
StuStu-All I'll say buddy is Arbilest or however it's spelt, crafting price means nothing in NI, if you are a long time player you should know that yourself, I'm done arguing with someone who's naive as ****
[Image: lNYrB9c.png]
(05-10-2015, 11:43 AM)FV_HappyMonk3y99 link Wrote: Im not a modeler myself but I believe you have to create a model of the weapon undrawn and another drawn and warband does the rest, I don't know how you would set it up when adding it to the game however.
Basicly this. Bows/Crossbows are using vertex animations.
26.08.15-Fang of Fenrir

[Image: NqiKO60.png]
I've helped someone else recently with vertex animations, maybe this will explain it a bit:

In Warband, all objects, be it bodies, buildings, or weapons, are static by default. This means they can only exist in one shape (for example, a spear will never change the way it looks; its shape will always be the same regardless of what you do with it). However, certain weapons, like bows or crossbows, have to change their appearance somehow, because their string has to be drawn back. To do this, Warband uses what are called "vertex animations".
These vertex animations are basically different versions of the same object in a different pose. If we take a look at a bow, you need to have three separate (static) objects for the bow, one where the bow is in a resting position, one with the string drawn halfway back, and one with a fully drawn string. The game then uses these three versions to piece together what parts of the bow should move when you draw the bow.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
I understood, in a nutshell I realize 3-dimensional elements that recreate the movement. ok I'll try to do it