Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Halloween Event 2015
(29-10-2015, 08:46 PM)FV_HappyMonk3y99 link Wrote:[quote author=Malong link=topic=48962.msg246829#msg246829 date=1446146359]
[quote author=FV_HappyMonk3y99 link=topic=48962.msg246579#msg246579 date=1445990535]
the new game mode, in my opinion, is too difficult for too little reward even at the lowest levels. I believe the community agrees because the event servers are completely empty right now.
I thought you wanted a more difficult game:

(24-08-2015, 04:34 PM)FV_HappyMonk3y99 link Wrote: The game should be harder, we kill the strongest nord gods daily without thought because there is no longer any challenge. Maybe it's time for a harder mode than ragnorok that even the best teams will struggle with.
[/quote]
I believe what I said was misunderstood, I like the fact that it's harder, in fact I played quite a bit of it with 2 or 3 people on the server the other day, my issue with it is that the lack of reward is turning off other people from playing, leaving it like cav mode which I also enjoy but never play because others don't believe it is worth it.
[/quote]

Agree with this.  Seems like the lower waves are far to difficult for the amount of XP/gold given.  I understand the higher waves give much more xp but have yet to see any runs make it far enough to be worth it.  I imagine it would be doable in an event setting (like it was last year) but the public runs have been pretty sad.  The early wave difficulty would be fine if it actually gave enough xp to be worth it (as Monkey said most people have just been giving up and deciding rag is a better option). 

That being said... I think the bots are cool and it's pretty fun seeing them all.  The map is good aside from the bots always getting stuck behind one wall way out by enemy spawn (haven't played in a day or two so dk if this was resolved). 

Big ups to Banana for the pumpkin.
(30-10-2015, 02:55 PM)Tsukiyomi link Wrote:[quote author=FV_HappyMonk3y99 link=topic=48962.msg246845#msg246845 date=1446151597]
[quote author=Malong link=topic=48962.msg246829#msg246829 date=1446146359]
[quote author=FV_HappyMonk3y99 link=topic=48962.msg246579#msg246579 date=1445990535]
the new game mode, in my opinion, is too difficult for too little reward even at the lowest levels. I believe the community agrees because the event servers are completely empty right now.
I thought you wanted a more difficult game:

(24-08-2015, 04:34 PM)FV_HappyMonk3y99 link Wrote: The game should be harder, we kill the strongest nord gods daily without thought because there is no longer any challenge. Maybe it's time for a harder mode than ragnorok that even the best teams will struggle with.
[/quote]
I believe what I said was misunderstood, I like the fact that it's harder, in fact I played quite a bit of it with 2 or 3 people on the server the other day, my issue with it is that the lack of reward is turning off other people from playing, leaving it like cav mode which I also enjoy but never play because others don't believe it is worth it.
[/quote]

Agree with this.  Seems like the lower waves are far to difficult for the amount of XP/gold given.  I understand the higher waves give much more xp but have yet to see any runs make it far enough to be worth it.  I imagine it would be doable in an event setting (like it was last year) but the public runs have been pretty sad.  The early wave difficulty would be fine if it actually gave enough xp to be worth it (as Monkey said most people have just been giving up and deciding rag is a better option). 

That being said... I think the bots are cool and it's pretty fun seeing them all.  The map is good aside from the bots always getting stuck behind one wall way out by enemy spawn (haven't played in a day or two so dk if this was resolved). 

Big ups to Banana for the pumpkin.
[/quote]

Although these stuck bots make it kind of creepy, as well. Whenever you managed to kill a whole wave, there were some enemies out there you couldn´t even see, I was laughing a lot when play this mode!
(29-10-2015, 08:46 PM)FV_HappyMonk3y99 link Wrote:I believe what I said was misunderstood, I like the fact that it's harder, in fact I played quite a bit of it with 2 or 3 people on the server the other day, my issue with it is that the lack of reward is turning off other people from playing, leaving it like cav mode which I also enjoy but never play because others don't believe it is worth it.
Just get on your OP ranged characters and you won't need others in the server, amirite?

And yes, I know what you meant, but I found the phrasing funny. Though it wasn't as funny as the part of that thread where I had to give someone an elementary school lesson in diagramming sentences to demonstrate that nouns can have more than one adjective.

Anyways, thanks dev team for the event. One of the most fun times from my time playing NI is from last year's Halloween event, as referenced in my forum signature (Banana's quote).
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.