Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

An Apologize
Guys, guys, ...
He could have left it as it was and everyone would simply forget his abuse. Instead he decided to post apologies even if perhaps the way he did it was unfortunate (due to the nature of what he apologizes for). Such are mistakes we all do to learn something and be smarter in the future (and for some reason that science can't explain we still remain same dumb anyway Smile ).
All objections / reservations expressed above have solid foundations, still let us do not miss the point this thread is intented to find expiation. Qui sine peccato est vestrum, primus in illam lapidem mittat.
it looks like you guys trying to find my "mistakes" to blame me again. But its not about how i did. Its about what i meant like i said before.

@Bobo
(07-01-2016, 07:49 PM)Bobo link Wrote:Guys, guys, ...
He could have left it as it was and everyone would simply forget his abuse. Instead he decided to post apologies even if perhaps the way he did it was unfortunate (due to the nature of what he apologizes for). Such are mistakes we all do to learn something and be smarter in the future (and for some reason that science can't explain we still remain same dumb anyway Smile ).
All objections / reservations expressed above have solid foundations, still let us do not miss the point this thread is intented to find expiation. Qui sine peccato est vestrum, primus in illam lapidem mittat.
I didn't intend to post again on this thread, but actually if he hadn't apologized, I would have still Remebered the name of the person who knowing stole anouther a work and claimed it to have been his own. That's all though, I won't comment on the rest beyond restating what I said in my first post, it's better to create something that's your own that's bad than take something good that isn't. Anyway, just don't do it again and you'll be good.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(07-01-2016, 08:19 PM)Loda link Wrote:@Bobo
Since you're referencing The Office, I guess you forgot this scene:

Michael: Hi, everyone. Corporate has given Dwight two strikes. They are very, very upset with him. So, as a disciplinary measure he is going to have to issue a formal apology. Dwight, have you prepared your statement of regret?
Dwight: I have.
Michael: Let's hear it.
Dwight: [unfolds sheet of paper] "I state my regret." [folds sheet of paper]
Jim: You couldn't have memorized that?
Dwight: I could not, because I do not feel it.

P.S. You're Dwight.

(07-01-2016, 07:49 PM)Bobo link Wrote:Qui sine peccato est vestrum, primus in illam lapidem mittat.
I nunquam plagiarised operis facito, ut peius lapidem mittat
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(07-01-2016, 09:19 PM)Malong link Wrote:[quote author=Loda link=topic=51160.msg253002#msg253002 date=1452197977]
@Bobo
Since you're referencing The Office, I guess you forgot this scene:

Michael: Hi, everyone. Corporate has given Dwight two strikes. They are very, very upset with him. So, as a disciplinary measure he is going to have to issue a formal apology. Dwight, have you prepared your statement of regret?
Dwight: I have.
Michael: Let's hear it.
Dwight: [unfolds sheet of paper] "I state my regret." [folds sheet of paper]
Jim: You couldn't have memorized that?
Dwight: I could not, because I do not feel it.

P.S. You're Dwight.

(07-01-2016, 07:49 PM)Bobo link Wrote:Qui sine peccato est vestrum, primus in illam lapidem mittat.
I nunquam plagiarised operis facito, ut peius lapidem mittat
[/quote]
Personally, and this is only how I feel, I still think what Loda has done is a step in the right direction. Perfect? No of course not, but Loda is taking a step to saying sorry, even if it's a small one. The bashing over how they did it is what upsets me. Sure you don't have to forgive them because of what they did, and how they said sorry, but the last thing I think you should do is turn around and bash them. It's not fun being on the other end of this, even more so if you really have understood the mistake you made. (And I note to this final bit only the bashing. They should feel bad about what they did, but shouldn't have to deal with bashing after they attempted to say sorry)
(07-01-2016, 11:35 PM)Yotz link Wrote:Personally, and this is only how I feel, I still think what Loda has done is a step in the right direction. Perfect? No of course not, but Loda is taking a step to saying sorry, even if it's a small one.
Typing sorry and meaning it are two different things. It really doesn't seem like a genuine act of contrition when you apologize for plagiarism via a further act of plagiarism.

(07-01-2016, 11:35 PM)Yotz link Wrote:It's not fun being on the other end of this, even more so if you really have understood the mistake you made.
Does this sound like understanding to you: "I'm sorry I stole. I've learned my lesson and will now repay you...with other stolen goods. Furthermore, I'm definitely not sorry for my second act of theft."
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(08-01-2016, 12:33 AM)Malong link Wrote:[quote author=Yotz link=topic=51160.msg253021#msg253021 date=1452209738]
Personally, and this is only how I feel, I still think what Loda has done is a step in the right direction. Perfect? No of course not, but Loda is taking a step to saying sorry, even if it's a small one.
Typing sorry and meaning it are two different things. It really doesn't seem like a genuine act of contrition when you apologize for plagiarism via a further act of plagiarism.

(07-01-2016, 11:35 PM)Yotz link Wrote:It's not fun being on the other end of this, even more so if you really have understood the mistake you made.
Does this sound like understanding to you: "I'm sorry I stole. I've learned my lesson and will now repay you...with other stolen goods. Furthermore, I'm definitely not sorry for my second act of theft."
[/quote]
Once again, thats just how I feel. I can understand where you are coming from. Personally, once again just coming from my view, I feel that if the item he used is made to be used for others it's not plagiarism. Is it a well thought out way to say he is sorry? Of course not, and as said you don't have to take it and forgive him, but at the very least he made a slight step foreword. Personally, once again just from my view, I yes wouldn't forgive him just from this. He needs to do more to earn it. But as said it's a step in the right direction, even if a slight one, and I feel if we sit here talking about how badly it was done, that will achieve nothing but even more upset people. In end, I want to make it clear this is how I think, and I don't expect you to fully follow it to, the least we could do though is attempt to further this by telling him although it's the right step, he needs to put forth more effort to earn what he lost.
Some players here are making this only worse since the beginning. He said sorry instead of leaving it so players would forget. Stop making this worse
each time and stop making this one big discussion. Just leave it instead of making it a kindergarden. A dev could better lock this thread.
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
(08-01-2016, 01:29 AM)Yotz link Wrote:(...) the least we could do though is attempt to further this by telling him although it's the right step, he needs to put forth more effort to earn what he lost.
That! GJ Yotz.
anyone actually care lol
Going Deep