Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Eyleens stoof
Abandoned the idea of making a helmet for the armor, might make some gauntlets and boots later on. But for now, a little bump mapping practise. It could replace the current, weird looking model used for halogis torch.
It looks good overall, a couple of ashes/black stuff inside the frame of the torch if not already there would do nicely, since it's being used as something for holding a flame.
Though of course I doubt anyone would look inside it if it's lit so unnessasary.

Also your body armor is a nice light chainmail and cloak, good for any lightly armored class. To note though the edges of the blue cloth on chainmail seem uneven and rough.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

Added a download link for the torch, armor coming too, soon. Just need to fix the auto generated feminine frame and try to fix a little rigging problem.

Looter the edges are uneven on purpose, chainmail is, as the name already suggests, made of small chain rings.  Smile
Cool Torch Tongue

NordInvasion Wiki

Brigadine Plated Black -  20/01/16
Dragon Spear - 17/03/18
Wow nice torch, maybe a replacement model for halogi's torch?
Don't suicide yourself. Bradapple 07/01/2015

And last thing im gonna say is dont make my point to another way. - Gandhi
(06-02-2016, 07:19 PM)Eyleen link Wrote:Gonna try that later. Got a problem with making bows. The way I understand it, you have to make 3 different frames, at ease, slightly bent, fully bent, and merge them in a vertex animation. But when importing the frames into openBRF they all show up with a slightly different vertex count and I can't fuse them. Anybody knows how to fix it?

Hey, late to the party (sorry, I only come to the surface once a month), but to fix this issue, open OpenBRF, go to the "Settings" tab, mouse over "On import meshes", and click "Do nothing". Normally it's set to "Merge vertices and pos", but that can mess up the vertex count on meshes that are supposed to be identical.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Thanks for the advise Maroon, but that screws it up even further. Clearing all sharp edges fixed it for me.

Added a repeater xbow, first model with a (poorly) self-made metal texture. Anybody here knows how to get a cleaner AO and normal bake from high to low poly? For some reason it does not work quite the way its supposed to, but I cant figure out what causes the problem. It might be the low resolution, however, it does not work much better on higher res so far. Download link will be added after testing ingame, and I might need to tone down the AO on some parts, turned out much darker than expected in combination with the normal map.
I love your work ! So impressive!
Damn, on which program did you make those models ?
NI maps (The forgotten bay Nordic Fortress / Frosthaven / Medieval fields / River's conflict / Swadian Mines )
Thanks. Im using Blender for the mesh and baking, Photoshop for the textures. Its rendered in openBRF. Took about 5 hours to make the xbow, because I got sidetracked a bit and made several screwed up attempts. Im especially proud of how well those studs turned out this time, they look convincingly 3D, whilst actually being flat. The ornaments on the metal parts are the bits where Im having troubles with the baking, did not turn out the way it should look. Sad

Im still up for suggestions, concept arts or other stuff you want to see created. Smile