Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ammo Factory Glitch
This can be either an abuse or a teamwork tactic, I'm not sure yet how to treat this trick as I didn't yet have an opportunity to test it's effect on gameplay when used extensively.

The trick requires one player to get a bow (short bow is enough) and a single arrow (can be provided by other player) and stay at the ammo box, continuously performing the following procedure:

1. Reload from ammo box.
2. Fire a single arrow into the ground.
3. Drop your bow and quiver.
4. Pick up your bow.
5. Pick up that single arrow from the ground.

One cycle produces one almost full quiver. This means that by the time other teammates run out of arrows and get back to base, they will see tons of quivers lying on the ground and ready to be taken. Voila, no time spent for reloading at the expense of one person left out of action and forced to do a pretty boring task (though this role can be rotated between different members of the team to allow everyone to take part in action).

I have seen the one-arrow trick used to create "free ammo" from a single arrow at the start of battle, but to the best of my knowledge nobody yet tried to apply it for "mass-production".
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
I wouldnt say that it's an abuse tactic, after all, someone has to man the ammo box and feed the players the ammunition.

And I wonder why people want others to shoot an arrow on the ground for them, I thought it was 'that' ludicrous Skyrim joke....

An unexpected tactic that even I never knew of, that is a good tip, Lav.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
ammo boxes: defeating conservation of mass at every turn
(28-12-2011, 07:04 PM)MrShovelFace link Wrote:ammo boxes: defeating conservation of mass at every turn
How about healing pots then? Got a penetrating wound in your belly? Eat some stew! :-)
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
Quivers will disapear after some time has passed. That's the problem.
Some overproduction doesn't hurt as it will be a continuous supply.
just pick the quivers back up and drop them again duh
(28-12-2011, 08:43 PM)KnightRider link Wrote:Quivers will disapear after some time has passed. That's the problem.

YEAH! This mod still doesn't allow enough physics defying exploits! We need MOAR!
You have to much time on your hands to of figured this out...

Anyway I am going to confirm that this is a glitch. The ammo box is there to be used. We wouldnt mind if you refilled you ammunition then dropped the arrows, then went back and refilled again and continued. However that isnt what is happening here, instead it seems after one refill you can keep a continuous amount of full quivers. Correct me if am wrong.

Anyway I am going to stick my neck out here and say that you cannot use this glitch/bug until further news is carried out. Sorry guys.
[align=center][Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
(31-12-2011, 12:48 PM)Logics link Wrote:Anyway I am going to stick my neck out here and say that you cannot use this glitch/bug until further news is carried out. Sorry guys.
Sure, fixed the thread name appropriately. :-)