Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

How to aim?
I have been trying to get into cavalry for a little while now, and I know it's not finished and is ridiculously hard to beat, but for the time being I would like to at least know some type of strategy.

At this point in time I can not even adequately aim as a pikeman, and I can't figure out what I need to do to even attempt doing so.
If you guys have any strategies to anything in this game mode it would be appreciated because I really think it has potential but it's so unfinished and hard that I can't get any enjoyment out of it.
It's kind of sad.
(06-03-2016, 10:26 PM)angusruler1 Wrote: I have been trying to get into cavalry for a little while now, and I know it's not finished and is ridiculously hard to beat, but for the time being I would like to at least know some type of strategy.

At this point in time I can not even adequately aim as a pikeman, and I can't figure out what I need to do to even attempt doing so.
If you guys have any strategies to anything in this game mode it would be appreciated because I really think it has potential but it's so unfinished and hard that I can't get any enjoyment out of it.
It's kind of sad.

I know this isn't exactly what you were asking, but you should probably rethink your choice, as pikemen don't have nearly enough ammo to get through one wave after 15. I've also found melee to be very effective in cav.
Pikeman looks like the worst class indeed. The low amount of ammo combined with the even lower chance to actually hit makes ranged as pikeman on horseback rather useless. Adding to that, most polearms are not useable on horseback.

Infantry, archer and xbowman all work quite well, but have their downsides too.
Xbowman has a rather low killspeed, but at least you get some decent armor and lots of ammo. Still requires a higher riding tier for better aim.
Archer is really good, because you dont have to bother about melee bots. The lack of armor can get a bit annoying, and you need a higher riding tier to actually hit something. I am doing quite well as t2 cav on my warden.
Infantry is the best, or the worst, depending on your playstyle. Shield plus 1h gives you a huge advantage over all of the other classes, because you dont have to bother about those random headshots as much. The downsides are, you need really good timing and quite a bit of practise to actually get some kills without constantly dying. But once you have it figured out infantry easily surpasses all of the other classes. When I started a few weeks ago I could barely get to wave 8 alone, now I can easily solo to 16 with mostly the same gear, and usually get about 200+ kills per run.

Basic hints:
Dont ride into pikemen unless you know what you are doing.
Dont ride straight into ranged troops.
Ride circles around bots.
Dont ride into other players circles.
Buy a courser.
(06-03-2016, 11:52 PM)Eyleen Wrote: Pikeman looks like the worst class indeed. The low amount of ammo combined with the even lower chance to actually hit makes ranged as pikeman on horseback rather useless. Adding to that, most polearms are not useable on horseback.
I'm going to disagree a bit. Most polearms are not usable, but those that are, have a very long reach (longer than 2h and bastards). A naval glaive works like charm, and a snake halberd is good too. An ammo count is low, but a damage is high. I think the preferable target are enemy horses, but you may also help archers and destroy shields. From my experience easiest way to hit with throwables is to do it while passing by. You just approach like you are going to coach and throw at very close range. In that case you also have bonus damage from speed. Another good thing is that you can use shield and throwing weapon simultaneously, although I think a shield becomes useful only after16th wave (since shotgun archers). Throwable spears are actually a good stabbing weapon too, at least early in run. I think I'm going to try to take a lance, a glaive, javelins and pick up spare shield after the last spawn and play much like a commando. A high polearm proficiency should help you deal even more damage while coaching.
To sum up, I would not try to play the same way as archer and rely more on polearms and lances.
BTW About an xbow - a chosen marksman with eastern repeater have a rather high kill speed. His bolts often hit through shields and destroy them faster which helps a lot.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden