Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Hero class or better gear?
Hey.

I'm currently a max level commando looking to be an RG, and I'm wondering whether I should upgrade any of my gear before that. I do have a general idea about item progression after getting hero class, but I'm unsure about what I should do now.

This is what I currently have:
  • Grinder Helmet
  • Striped Armor
  • Hourglass Gauntlets
  • Iron greaves
  • Steel Sword
  • SKS
  • SHC
Thanks in advance!
(19-04-2016, 08:04 AM)HRoland Wrote: Hey.

I'm currently a max level commando looking to be an RG, and I'm wondering whether I should upgrade any of my gear before that. I do have a general idea about item progression after getting hero class, but I'm unsure about what I should do now.

This is what I currently have:
  • Grinder Helmet
  • Striped Armor
  • Hourglass Gauntlets
  • Iron greaves
  • Steel Sword
  • SKS
  • SHC
Thanks in advance!

You can pick up a better shield, but you can't pick up a 10 shield skill.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
I'd say go for hero class first, and then upgrade you shield. The reason being getting that 10 shield skill makes a lot of difference, and often times you'll find people in a server carrying good shields on their zwei or pavise, so you can just pick those up. Shielding on normal with an sks is completely fine as RG, i even did it as zwei, but on hard you may struggle. Of course i'm assuming your first gear upgrade would be the shield, and that should be the top priority after getting hero class. About shield selection, go for defender if you want to be cheap and having a mid-tier shield while you're getting big moneys for a 3M shield, and i personally don't like royal shield (costs too much to be a temporary solution, but still needs to be upgraded). I choose to go straight for a 3M shield, getting a resilience, and don't regret the decision. Aegis and resilience are the most common choices for a RG, same identical crafting mats, very similar performances, the only main difference is that aegis can be used also on pavise, while resilience can be used on all commandos and infantry heroes. so if i were you i'd do things in this order:

- hero upgrade
- plate mittens (the most cost-effective way to improve you body armor, +2 for only 80k)
- shield upgrade
- trans armor
- swadian helm (since you got a grinder just skip the 63 armor helmets ang go straight for the 66 one)
Yeah, that is more or less the route I wanted to take after becoming an RG.

Thank you for the advice c:
Yes, good advices above. Upgrade to hero and get yourself a nice shield, Aegis is the no 1 choice since it's stronger than commando shields like Resilience, SSSS, Small Dragon, Royal, while not that much more expensive. Then the only upgrade to Aegis is SoK but that costs a lot.
(19-04-2016, 12:00 PM)Bobo Wrote: Aegis is the no 1 choice since it's stronger than commando shields like Resilience

I have to disagree, aganist axes resilience is actually better because the resistance value is ignored by those weapons, and hp matter more. In rag mode in particular resilince has an easier time because of so many enemies are using axes or axe-behaving swords (einherjars, jotnes, thor's and odin's chosens). Aegis has just a middle-balance between resistance and hp, but that doesn't make it better in all situations