Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Client Release 0.2.9 - Happy New Year!
(02-01-2012, 03:55 AM)Jez link Wrote:
  • Changes / Fixes
  • Weapon/Item slots are now locked in game, you have to use website to control them
This is the one thing in the update that I absolutely do not support. Forcing players to switch windows during gameplay is definitely not an improvement, especially since all these restrictions could be implemented directly in the client code, with absolutely identical gameplay effects. :-(

Otherwise nice update though.
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
(02-01-2012, 08:50 AM)Lav link Wrote: [quote author=Jez link=topic=670.msg6141#msg6141 date=1325476528]
  • Changes / Fixes
  • Weapon/Item slots are now locked in game, you have to use website to control them
This is the one thing in the update that I absolutely do not support. Forcing players to switch windows during gameplay is definitely not an improvement, especially since all these restrictions could be implemented directly in the client code, with absolutely identical gameplay effects. :-(

Otherwise nice update though.
[/quote]
Agreed and also cav is now rendered useless and is glitched cant get out of limp.... Im being forced to respec
(02-01-2012, 08:51 AM)Gomer link Wrote: Agreed and also cav is now rendered useless and is glitched cant get out of limp.... Im being forced to respec
If it can't get out of limp then it's a bug and must be fixed. Just report it appropriately. :-)

Personally, I did not see any horrible effects for horse speed, even though I purposefully played a couple of times to get my pony injured down to ~40% health.

Though honestly I have serious problems understanding why there was a need to nerf a class which is only really playable on two maps out of the entire pool and sucks big time on all others.
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
The reason the weapons were locked I believe were to avoid the weapon slot bugs people are having when ingame. It doesnt hurt to just leave the game and switch your weapons around - Or minimize. Either way its done to make the mod more smoother.

As for the horse nerf I do not see the problem with it. Its realistic, if your horse gets hit in combat I'm damn sure he will slow down than instantly speed up? Other than that its for gameplay purposes. It will make the cavalry players think twice before charging ahead into a ranged horde or possible encourage them to stick near there team mates and help out with the melee.

Other than that, great work Jez.  Wink
[align=center][Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
(02-01-2012, 10:28 AM)Logics link Wrote: Its realistic, if your horse gets hit in combat I'm damn sure he will slow down than instantly speed up?
If we are following with this reasoning, will nord horses slow down when injured? And another thing, if horses slow down when injured, why not infantry? :-)

(02-01-2012, 10:28 AM)Logics link Wrote: The reason the weapons were locked I believe were to avoid the weapon slot bugs people are having when ingame. It doesnt hurt to just leave the game and switch your weapons around - Or minimize. Either way its done to make the mod more smoother.
Now I lost you. Forcing the player to close the game window while in-game is done to make the mod more smoother?

Also, what weapon slot bugs you are speaking about? That it was possible to access your inventory while in-game after a couple of respawns? But there was nothing to exploit - you could do exactly the same things you could do on the site - except it was much more comfortable. Frankly, if Jez never bothered with character equipment page, enabled all equipment that the character had (and could use according to his class), and left everything else to the game engine, the result would be much more player-friendly. :-(
That is a good suggestion and you should take that to the ''Feature Request'' area of the forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

No, we arn't forcing you to close your game window. We are making you choose your weapons more carefully for when you enter the game.

There was something wrong with the weapon slots when switching back and forth the weapons and so I believe that the feature may had been locked for the time being until it was fixed. However I am not entirely sure - however I am positive Jez has something in mind.
...Great News...-_^

ciauz^^,
Jab
[Image: Zngrh.png]
(02-01-2012, 10:58 AM)Logics link Wrote: There was something wrong with the weapon slots when switching back and forth the weapons and so I believe that the feature may had been locked for the time being until it was fixed. However I am not entirely sure - however I am positive Jez has something in mind.
Although your post is acceptable, I ask if you could simply take this to PM to either myself, any other admins or to Jez. Thank you.

- Logics
If I respec will the subclasses reset too ?
(02-01-2012, 10:34 AM)Logics link Wrote: No. Respec is for your main classes currently. Due to the support classes still in production the respec wont go any further than it is currently. Once the support classes are up and running and smoothed down, then we could possible add this. However I believe Jez wants that class to be similar to the crafting class where you can only pick one however have to stick with it. You will just have to wait and see.