Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Client Release 0.2.9 - Happy New Year!
Thanks for the update, however the horse damage thing seems a bit over the top. If I even just punch my horse it will only trot and be almost as slow as infantry.
Welp, was told the maps would take into consideration Cavalry, what do I receive? More linear maps with 1 choke point effectively making me useless at what I'm best at.

Feels like I'm being forced to the infantry tree instead of being ambitious and wanting to go up the Cavalry tree.

The speed crap when your horse get hit is also wayyyyy over the top, I saw Jez talk about "Real life bla bla" but that's utter bullshit, I think the speed slow down should depend on the % of your horse's HP that's being reduced by.

I can understand my horse getting damaged real bad and getting like 70% damage and slowing down considerably, but I get god damned peasants as much as whiff their club on my big armored charger horse and he stops completely, cool.

Even then, I wouldn't want a slow down depending on the % of damage your horse get, if my horse get hit for 90%, it's already extremely crippled, slowing him down would just mean it dies, so why not just make horses one hit kills.

The later waves on horse are also really hard, I've had trouble with Zweihanders having the absolutely perfect timing to kill my horse before my lance can even hope of reaching them even on stabs I've perfectly timed and it gets worse in the later waves, not to mention we're extremely squishy and kind of weak.

We rely too much on speed bonus since we lack power strike, I still have trouble 1 hitting peasants while everyone else around is one hit killing most of the later heavy armored waves and the speed bonus also works against us, I have 45 body armor and I still get hit for 50-80% of my hp by peasants, at later waves I just get skewered instantly and die a painful death because everyone has 150 strenght and 10 power strike.
The more I play, the more disillusioned I become with the equipment update.

First of all, it doesn't even work reliably.

I went to the site, changed my outfit, updated, returned to the game and died.

After the next boss wave, I respawned with my old gear.

Then after a couple more respawns, I was suddenly and without any advance warning respawned with my new set of gear. Why?

So not only this feature is a pain in the ass to use, but it's also working unpredictably?

And then suddenly the map changes, and you appear on the next map with your outfit tailored for the entirely different situation. Just great. :-(
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
Do you really expect the servers to be that fast at updating your gear? Updating your gear on the site, means you have to either relog or wait for a map change for the gear to update within the server. It has been like this since NordInvasion started.
[align=center][Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
Me loves you Jez, happy new year Big Grin
(02-01-2012, 01:11 PM)Lav link Wrote: The more I play, the more disillusioned I become with the equipment update.

First of all, it doesn't even work reliably.

I went to the site, changed my outfit, updated, returned to the game and died.

After the next boss wave, I respawned with my old gear.

Then after a couple more respawns, I was suddenly and without any advance warning respawned with my new set of gear. Why?

So not only this feature is a pain in the ass to use, but it's also working unpredictably?

And then suddenly the map changes, and you appear on the next map with your outfit tailored for the entirely different situation. Just great. :-(

This is not cRPG, you need to relog.
(02-01-2012, 01:15 PM)Thovex link Wrote: This is not cRPG, you need to relog.
Wrong. I didn't relog, and the map didn't change, and yet my new equipment selection was somehow applied after several respawns.

(02-01-2012, 01:14 PM)Logics link Wrote: Do you really expect the servers to be that fast at updating your gear? Updating your gear on the site, means you have to either relog or wait for a map change for the gear to update within the server. It has been like this since NordInvasion started.
It has been completely different in 0.2.8. You just had to die, and the game server would immediately update your new equipment details from the site, and apply them to your next respawn. Maybe it wasn't the intended behavior, but at least it worked reliably and predictably.
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
Hard Mode is AMASING! P.S. Scarlet's are wondering if we can update our servers to 32 slot now? We heard a rumor that with this update will come increased slot maximum.
(02-01-2012, 01:29 PM)Gomer link Wrote: Hard Mode is AMASING! P.S. Scarlet's are wondering if we can update our servers to 32 slot now? We heard a rumor that with this update will come increased slot maximum.

No, max slots still stay on 16 for now. When and if we decide to open up for more there will surely be an announcement about it.
(02-01-2012, 01:37 PM)Conqueror_Worm link Wrote: [quote author=Gomer link=topic=670.msg6230#msg6230 date=1325510993]
Hard Mode is AMASING! P.S. Scarlet's are wondering if we can update our servers to 32 slot now? We heard a rumor that with this update will come increased slot maximum.

No, max slots still stay on 16 for now. When and if we decide to open up for more there will surely be an announcement about it.
[/quote]
Ik you hate this quote tree I am sorry! But can we host on hard mode?