Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ethics and Being a Good Person
(20-07-2016, 08:10 PM)Lirania Wrote:
(20-07-2016, 06:45 PM)Monstersti Wrote: In my opinion people should just get thicker skin, its a game after all.

For alot of people,this game seems more then just "a game" sinking 10k hours into it already tells it.

what does that have to do with anything? I've put 2,5k hours into NI and I'm still here to have fun, not to get offended by everything
(20-07-2016, 08:33 PM)Soviet Wrote:
(20-07-2016, 06:45 PM)Monstersti Wrote: In my opinion people should just get thicker skin, its a game after all.

For alot of people,this game seems more then just "a game" sinking 10k hours into it already tells it.

what does that have to do with anything? I've put 2,5k hours into NI and I'm still here to have fun, not to get offended by everything

Im was refering to the problem that people take the game and the loot system to serious,no harm in investing alot of time in a game you enjoy playing.

They say im a devil, but they haven´t seen the true Fire burning.

[Image: 76561198004611878.png]
(20-07-2016, 08:37 PM)Lirania Wrote:
(20-07-2016, 08:33 PM)Soviet Wrote:

Im was refering to the problem that people take the game and the loot system to serious,no harm in investing alot of time in a game you enjoy playing.
Some do it for the entertainment of other people.
I just believe people need a bit of thicker skin. Fara get's a lot of hate but if you joke with him he will joke back and blaming him alone is the wrong thing to do. The game is just that, a game. Some take it seriously some don't you have to take it on an individual level. The only thing I 100% agree with is the attitude towards new players. People have to know the difference between inexperienced players and players that don't care to learn. I would like the community to be wanting to help the inexperienced players because it would help the entire community out the more knowledge the playerbase is
[Image: 76561198056190414.png]
Will do free crafting and give advice to newer players if they want any!
Adding me on steam is the best way for you to contact me!: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nandogomez

My Shop: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread...ght=Ribbed
(20-07-2016, 08:44 PM)Fury Wrote: I just believe people need a bit of thicker skin. Fara get's a lot of hate but if you joke with him he will joke back and blaming him alone is the wrong thing to do. The game is just that. Some take it seriously some don't you have to take it on an individual level. The only thing I 100% agree with is the attitude towards new players. People have to know the difference between inexperienced players and players that don't care to learn. I would like the community to be wanting to help the inexperienced players because it would help the entire community out the more knowledge the player base is

I´m not here to start a hate wave against Fare,i dont even care about what he does.I just took him as an example of a player who sometimes....seems to take the game a bit to serious.

Getting a thicher skin? Yeah,some people just can´t manage to do that.But instead of starting a insult war with thoose offended people...maybe just calm them or ignore them? There is no point in trying to fight back.

They say im a devil, but they haven´t seen the true Fire burning.

[Image: 76561198004611878.png]
Wise words, CaptOle, ty. I can see what you mean and I must say I observe some behaviour with concern sometimes as well. On the other hand I believe we must keep in mind we're all just human with all our flaws. This community is not perfect, still it's by far the best I've seen. Let's just all keep best practice on at all times.
Well, When you have a game where loot and rewards is randomly divided and not based on effort there will always be jealousy. We are however a small community and should enjoy each others victories. (Think skin, and more)

I have been present on several servers where loot dropped(Stag, Durendal, Black Arrows(Farawin even got it from a nord I killed) & Thanos; And they are just the ones I know of), of-course I have that "That could have been mine!" feeling, but I do not feel the need to rant, curse or trash talk the system for not giving me the item. Nor do I focus on a players amount of loots in order to evaluate fairness of the system.

With 2k hours in the mod, I still enjoy it despite the lack of looting legendary. If you play NI only for the loots, you are statistically  going to have a bad time.
(however I am reaching Woody's first streak, so I'm getting my hopes up) Big Grin

Regarding the attitude towards newer players, I mostly encounter it on Hard and Ragnarok servers, where well equipped players are quick to judge lower equipped players as leechers despite they are trying their best to do some good for the team. 2k hours players know the game and it's mechanics through the same process but this is sometimes forgotten.

Ex: Rag-run with 3 zweihanders slashing and healing is already covered. A level 42 commando, has little to do.

So generally I would love to see more acceptance of newer players trying to play on hard/Ragnarok servers.

On normal servers, I do not see these problems unless some red-shirt uses a barrel or tome.

Just my two cents on the matter.
Don't trust a lying sack of shit (Takeo)
To any one in this game looting is not a source of income see it as a gift.

This is coming from some one that took 3.5k about and get a fucking dragon axe... had about 80m at the time so my 1 loot did not increase my value by any thing really vs getting 10m+ loot and having 1 or 2m etc

This game is random for sure as after only took 200 hours for the next one lol that made up for the da.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
1st of all, if you guys want to create a Faravin Hate Train, you are free to do so, just not on my thread.

The 2nd thing I want to say, is that I agree with Bobo's notion that this is the best community I have ever seen. Although I agree that many people's skin could be thicker, this does not negate the fact that we all have room for improvement. I also am not trying to hide that we all have natural tendencies as human beings to be jealous and envious of others. However, the real reason I wanted to create this thread is so people are more cognizant of things they say, and how it affects the people around them. Treat everyone else with respect, regardless if they are tier 1 or have a full red set, and once in a while, give a little empathy and put yourself in someone else's shoes.
Loots:
Eastern Katana (2016)
Studded Gauntlets (2019)
Volcanic Daggers (2019)
Heavy Salet (2023)

!!Former!! Guardian of Swadian Helium Stores
FV_CaptOle, ObviouslySomebodyOriginal, [LH]MajOle, FV_Best_Zwei_NA, Mike_Pence, Not_Jennifer, Triggered_Potato

(20-07-2016, 10:39 PM)CaptOle Wrote: 1st of all, if you guys want to create a Faravin Hate Train, you are free to do so, just not on my thread.

Isn't it a bit unethical to turn a blind eye to bullying?