Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ethics and Being a Good Person
(20-07-2016, 09:12 PM)[UK]_Kaas Wrote: (...)If you play NI only for the loots, you are statistically  going to have a bad time. (...)

(20-07-2016, 10:39 PM)CaptOle Wrote: (...) we all have room for improvement. (...) we all have natural tendencies as human beings to be jealous and envious of others. However, the real reason I wanted to create this thread is so people are more cognizant of  things they say, and how it affects the people around them. (...) give a little empathy and put yourself in someone else's shoes.
That, best summary.
Enjoy the game whatever comes guys and help other to have fun, too. Big Grin
I guess it takes more than twenty posts before anyone will question what this has to do with ethics (which is defined as the moral code that dictates right and wrong behavior). At least change the title to "Being Saccharin and Fake Nice."
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
I do believe the purpose of this thread and CaptOle's goal is to point out some behaviour that he believes is wrong and to suggest the right way of conduct. Put differently: he wishes the community members to follow some "moral code" in their actions. Goes quite fine with the definition mentioned above as far as I'm concerned.

On the 2nd thought: who really cares that linguistic acrobatics? It might be more availing to stay on topic. Or maybe it's just me. Wink
(22-07-2016, 07:37 PM)Bobo Wrote: I do believe the purpose of this thread and CaptOle's goal is to point out some behaviour that he believes is wrong and to suggest the right way of conduct. Put differently: he wishes the community members to follow some "moral code" in their actions. Goes quite fine with the definition mentioned above as far as I'm concerned.

On the 2nd thought: who really cares that linguistic acrobatics? It might be more availing to stay on topic. Or maybe it's just me. Wink

"Linguistic acrobatics" like what you just performed to arbitrarily redefine "moral?" Thanks for the double standard. Wink.

Even still, it's simply not the definition of "ethics."

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
(22-07-2016, 07:37 PM)Bobo Wrote: I do believe the purpose of this thread and CaptOle's goal is to point out some behaviour that he believes is wrong and to suggest the right way of conduct. Put differently: he wishes the community members to follow some "moral code" in their actions. Goes quite fine with the definition mentioned above as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think "linguistic acrobatics" was really the point of his post.
Indeed, it was not.
(22-07-2016, 07:42 PM)Malong Wrote: "Linguistic acrobatics" like what you just performed to arbitrarily redefine "moral?" Thanks for the double standard. Wink.

You're just being annoying and pushing thread off topic. Seriously, nobody but you cares.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
(23-07-2016, 12:16 AM)Ribbed Wrote:
(22-07-2016, 07:42 PM)Malong Wrote: "Linguistic acrobatics" like what you just performed to arbitrarily redefine "moral?" Thanks for the double standard. Wink.

You're just being annoying and pushing thread off topic. Seriously, nobody but you cares.

Nobody cares but the people who replied and quoted me or the reply that quoted me. But I'm not particularly surprised that someone who can't use logic in math (average out the mean guys!) finds the use of logic on forums to be "annoying."

(23-07-2016, 12:27 AM)Malong Wrote:
(23-07-2016, 12:16 AM)Ribbed Wrote:

Nobody cares but the people who replied and quoted me or the reply that quoted me. But I'm not particularly surprised that someone who can't use logic in math (average out the mean guys!) finds the use of logic on forums to be "annoying."

I was unaware the use of logic required you to be an asshole all of the time. Thanks for the insight.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
Keep this thread on topic or it will be moderated
[Image: 76561198056190414.png]
Will do free crafting and give advice to newer players if they want any!
Adding me on steam is the best way for you to contact me!: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nandogomez

My Shop: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread...ght=Ribbed