Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

What happened to this mod?
Seems like a lot of fast maps need to be nerfed then
(17-12-2016, 10:01 AM)bluzark Wrote: This is not a class issue, it is people server hopping to easier/faster maps that require less shielders and can be caded off.

Agree with most of it, except that infantry has always had the "ungrateful" job, of defending the team.
So when a shielder and 2 slashers can be replaced with 1 wall, I can't really blame people for doing that.

It is, still, and always have been, easier to "solo" with ranged than with inf, but I remember back in the days, when assist XP was not global, there was alot more teamwork required, and if you were standing behind the team, AFK, well tough luck, no XP for you.

Now its simply too easy, to join a server, find a good spot, and go AFK.

I suggest going back to the glory days of this mod, make assist XP "more local", I.E : require the players to be within, lets say 20 meters, of someone who killed a bot.

Then Im sure inf would feel more appreciated, but it also opens up for the possibility for someone to "killsteal" or "solo-farm" it all, at a huge loss to the teams XP.

So yeah, Im not really sure how to adress this issue, but to make this short:

I agree with OP, its supposed to be fun, to play as inf, but for now, its just to look cool on normal...  Cool
- Looted Bolt Tosser 18-12-2016
Thanks all for the replies Wink 
It looks like I'm not the only one who feels that the infantry classes have become very under-powered/under-armoured/under-armed, and consequently under-used. Halberdiers and Rangers seem to be equally as tough, Marauders seem to be even better melee damage-dealers. And yes, I'd rather trust 4 or 5 wall cades than an RG who can't even save him/herself from all the crush-through damage Big Grin
Ranger has the most ironflesh in the game at 8, while all 3 infantry have 7... let that sink in for you.
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy
(17-12-2016, 06:17 PM)Coconut Wrote: Ranger has the most ironflesh in the game at 8, while all 3 infantry have 7... let that sink in for you.

This is true. I suggested the same 1.5 years ago, there was no response about it tho.
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread...#pid208877
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
(17-12-2016, 06:48 PM)[ASSASSINE] Wrote:
(17-12-2016, 06:17 PM)Coconut Wrote: Ranger has the most ironflesh in the game at 8, while all 3 infantry have 7... let that sink in for you.

This is true. I suggested the same 1.5 years ago, there was no response about it tho.

Oh no, the archers with 2/3 of our armor value have 2 more HP D: It really isn't a big deal when your HP pool is close to 50.

Still, I agree, for logic's sake the Ranger should totally have less or equal ironflesh to infantry. Fix incoming Wink

And to keep it relevant, this has always been a strategy that people try out. It fluctuates in popularity but it certainly is not a new thing.
(17-12-2016, 07:38 PM)Winter Wrote:
(17-12-2016, 06:48 PM)[ASSASSINE] Wrote:

Oh no, the archers with 2/3 of our armor value have 2 more HP D: It really isn't a big deal when your HP pool is close to 50.

Still, I agree, for logic's sake the Ranger should totally have less or equal ironflesh to infantry. Fix incoming Wink

And to keep it relevant, this has always been a strategy that people try out. It fluctuates in popularity but it certainly is not a new thing.

Cries, ranger is bad as it is, dont make it worse, even that 2 hp matters
Map Thread
[Image: 76561198038983603.png]
Bane of the Germans
Email: midren@nordinvasion.com
2015-07-14 Knight Helmet
2015-08-01 Gothic Plate
2017-12-08 Black Arrows
2018-05-25 Tempest
2019-09-01 Dragon Spear
Im not asking to nerf ranger, but to buff commando instead. Same request as last time.
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
(17-12-2016, 08:01 PM)[ASSASSINE] Wrote: Im not asking to nerf ranger, but to buff commando instead. Same request as last time.

Good idea. I hate nerfing things.
(17-12-2016, 01:51 PM)Pavel Wrote: Thanks all for the replies Wink 
It looks like I'm not the only one who feels that the infantry classes have become very under-powered/under-armoured/under-armed, and consequently under-used. Halberdiers and Rangers seem to be equally as tough, Marauders seem to be even better melee damage-dealers. And yes, I'd rather trust 4 or 5 wall cades than an RG who can't even save him/herself from all the crush-through damage Big Grin

I don't know why Halb or Ranger would feel more tanky than infantry.

Comparing the best armors we have for both to commando armors

Best body armor that Halb has is 67 from Leather Over Mail.

Best Body armor for Ranger is 64 from Leviathans Guard.

Best Head armor for Halb is 60 from the Thanos Legacy.

Beast Head armor for Ranger is 58 from the Ornate Crusader Helmet.

Best Hand armor for both is Studded.

To compare with commando gear. Not even the best commando gear

Swadian Heavy Lam/Striped have 68 Body Armor

Grinder Helm has 60 Head Armor

And Commando also uses Studded.

Gauntlets are the only armor type that match between them. For the other ones Commando wins with gear that costs 500k. Halb gear costs 14-16 mil. And the Ranger Body armor is not currently buyable. Just ask Woody.

There is no reason for either one to even start comparing to Commando for Tankness.

As for Wall cades. After our event last night i won't trust them over a shield wall. We had 7 wall bringers for one of our runs and were low on wall cades the entire run. For the last match we had 5 wall bringers and had to double barrel odin's chosen to keep from losing the last wall. Thor did break through them.

The only times that wall cades can really replace shielders is either when you have 10+ wall bringers or if you are glitching with them.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q