Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Looking to get a Gaming PC *Help*
So like, firstly. I have an average gaming PC. I like to play games such as Arma 3 ect. (Ik this isn't a great example since  arma3 has poor optimisation"
but I run it at about 20-25 FPS. I also run other games such as Overwatch at like 40-45 FPS. Anyways, I wish to upgrade, but when it comes to this stuff, I lack the knowledge. In fact, I pretty much have none.

So,What I'm looking for is a list of sites that you can pick parts and they build it for you. Plus some suggestions on some parts I should go with.

Any help is great help! Thanks! ^.^
1/2/2016 - Valsgarde Helmet       Steam
What is your budget?
What is your current build and are there any parts you are going to keep?
(15-01-2017, 03:12 PM)bluzark Wrote: What is your budget?
What is your current build and are there any parts you are going to keep?

Budget, not to sure, but no more than 1.200Euro
Not going to keep any of my current PC build, it's nothing special. AMD Radeon R7 200 Series is my Graphic's card and my Processor is AMD FX™-4300 Quad-Core 3.80GHz. After that's it's not worth talking about.
Intel Core i5 6600K 4x 3.50GHz So.1151 WOF 241.95
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Tower Kühler 31.94
Asus Z170-A Intel Z170 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 149.49
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3200 DIMM 121.85
525GB Crucial MX300 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s 3D- 132.95
2000GB WD Blue WD20EZRZ 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 72.19
8192MB KFA2 GeForce GTX 1070 EX Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 399
600 Watt EVGA 600B Non-Modular 80+ Bronze 64.94
Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q gedaemmt Midi Tower ohne  124.85

TOTAL: 1339.16

This is a bit over budget, a build I put together for YuriTheRed not long ago.
Few weeks ago this build was 70 EUR cheaper so it all depends on when you order things.
Sorry for formatting but this is the best I could do without too much work.

BECAUSE THIS FORUM FUCKING SUCKS.

You can easily lower the cost by buying a cheap case for like 50 EUR.
Maybe skip the 2TB storage drive but I wouldnt recommend that.
Awesome thanks dude! you're the man!
also keep in mind, if you're only playing on 1080p and want to save a bit of cash, keep the GTX 1060 in mind, although it's the "lower end" card in theory that thing still seriously packs a punch Smile i've built many gaming desktops in the past on a budget and it all comes down to what you need it to do, seeing as you play ARMA 3 and such a strong CPU such as the 6600k is a great choice, plus with adequate cooling, overclocking becomes an option to either keep the CPU going strong years later when that performance boost is needed or if you want better FPS in the here and now. For this to be the case the motherboard is something you want to splurge on a little to be able to make sure that if and when you do overclock, you've got the right parts to do so with, generally on a cheaper build i would recommend going for a cheaper motherboard as it will save you money and effectively give the same result but in this scenario (if you choose to overclock) a higher quality board will be needed. 16gb of ram is becoming the norm these days and i mean it's ram.... so long as it's DDR4 you can't go wrong, The drives are again something you can opt to change if wanting to slim down the price again. a 500gb sata drive is somewhat excesive, in reality a 240gb would be enough, you only want the important stuff on it as having too much data on an SSD will slow it down, so you only really want vital programs, you're operating system and perhaps a game or 2 that will benefit from the faster read and write of an SSD, the 2tb drive is a definite as more and more goes digital the minimun for storage has as well, I personally have 2tb and that's full of games, this is only on the one PC, i have a few others storing the rest of my games, music, movies etc. the power supply is a great choice, 80+ bronze rating is a great thing to have on your PSU and EVGA is a real great brand and lastly the case, for the most part, the case is something that comes down to personal preference, most all cases function the same and will ultimately do the same job, so again here you could opt for a cheaper case to save money or shop around for something that either looks nice to you or suits your needs a little better. As i stated above building a desktop all ways comes back to what you're doing with it, there's no point putting and i7 in a word processing machine and no reason to run a quadro in a gaming rig, every part has it's purpose, Hopefully this helps you make up your mind, also if anything i'd recommend doing your own research and learning this stuff for yourself, it's a lot of fun and rewarding in the long run knowing you built it yourself, nothing like the satisfaction of putting it all together, hitting that power button and seeing it all come to life Smile.
(17-01-2017, 10:47 PM)Billy M8 Wrote: a 500gb sata drive is somewhat excesive, in reality a 240gb would be enough, you only want the important stuff on it as having too much data on an SSD will slow it down, so you only really want vital programs, you're operating system and perhaps a game or 2 that will benefit from the faster read and write of an SSD, the 2tb drive is a definite as more and more goes digital the minimun for storage has as well, I personally have 2tb and that's full of games, this is only on the one PC, i have a few others storing the rest of my games, music, movies etc.

On my new build I started off with a 256GB SSD for my system/performance heavy games and a 2TB drive for other games and storage in general. I quickly added a 512GB just for games because performance heavy games require a lot of disk space. Also the loading time on games like Battefield 1 or GTA V is significantly shorter than running the game off a normal HDD.
whilst that is correct, in the short run to save money, a 240gb would be a good choice as later on adding a 500gb SSD dedicated to games would be a wiser choice to keep his OS running efficiently.
instead of investing a lot of money in a gaming pc you could also get a mid-end pc every 2-3 years as it would be more cost efficient Wink
If you want to save a bit more cash on bluzark's build, you could downgrade your graphics card to 1050 or even a 980. I have a 970 and it can run games such as Arma 3 on up to 60 fps and counter strike at 300.
Legendary Loots:
Zephyr - 14/6/2016