Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Spooky opinion
(26-03-2017, 10:31 PM)The_Drunken_One Wrote: I've read some unban requests including mine and i just don't get it that some ppl wont get unbanned for something they did while they were younger! After months you can still hold grudges against them (also me). Why don't you just soften up a bit and let ppl try ehhh.

Hope i still have my account after saying my OPINION.

Man, I started this mod on a young age as well. I think I was 14 or 15Confused. I did so many mistakes as well and I've been punished with a 25% reset. But I guess I know where we have our differences. I knew when I had to stop. Since the day I've been punished with that reset I've never ever done anything that was against the rules again. Atleast I can't remember. If you did so much shit in time you played that you got punished with a Perm Ban, It has to be the shit of the shit you have done. You know, its not that the devs decide "Yeah, that dude is quite shit..lets ban him" They have a reason given by yourself while doing shit. You had your chance to behave in a good way but you failed and apparently you have to deal with the consequences. Btw, I'm pretty sure you have received any other warnings or smth. like that before your last punishment so you had enough chances to stop.  So you are right, its pretty hard to get a second chance. For your future, learn how to behave and you won't get in trouble Smile
[Image: wQXN2eq.png]
To put it short:
The_Druknen_One & Ramos: thank you!

PS. I can put it long if there's need for it.
(27-03-2017, 02:02 PM)Ramos_Caoliki Wrote: If you're referring to Suns' post, I understand where you're coming from, his post was a lengthy and detailed one highlighting his realisation of his 'crimes', admitting his guilt and apologising. I don't agree so much with the "It was the old me, I was younger, I'm more mature" But it's been two years and if someone is still trying to get unbanned two years later they clearly wish to play again and just might of learnt their lesson, these things should be taken into account.
That's the first opinion i don't see any lecture, thanks for saying what you think lol. 
Im staff member of many Gmod communities mostly RP servers (RG, AN, WG, Phoenix Project). If someone would reach out and apologize for something they did years ago, we lett them rejoin the community unless it was hacking. I think hackers deserve permaban because they basically disrespecting everything and always end up ruin the game for others.

(27-03-2017, 02:42 AM)Malong Wrote:
(27-03-2017, 12:44 AM)The_Drunken_One Wrote: That is not entirely accurate, I think people are more inclined to show their true nature on the interwebs, for better or worse. A person who wouldn't call you a pigheaded baboon to your face would find it much easier to do so online. About spooky movies, The Ring gave me spooks

Not everyone can respond in an appropriate manner if they have not yet learned how to respect people and the rules online and just minge around. I think when people grow older they think more and get to regret things and try to make up for it, it is only to others if they are willing to accept it and maybe even help or just choose to be a savage.

The Ring gave me the spooks too. "You weren't supposed to help her."

Anyway, I think you misunderstood me. The comparison of punishment to a prison is apt, and even if it wasn't, the other comparison to parents and children should be fine for you too. But this is all irrelevant, NI is a privilege and not a public right.

Concerning people gaining respect by growing older, this is not necessarily the case. It's due to the amount of social interactions a given person has had. While this number may increase over time, it's not a given that simply growing older guarantees more interactions and thus maturity. For example, there are many adults on the autism spectrum due to having had fewer than average or median number of social interactions. Finally, we're not talking about rehabilitation over a long course of time. In a hypothetical situation of about 3 years, in which a person was an early adolescent at the start of this interval, that person would still be an adolescent at the end of that time. Furthermore, it's been shown with magnetic resonance imaging that the brain doesn't fully develop until 25 anyway. By definition, an adolescent that is currently, let's say 16 years old, would still be 9 years away from fully developed mentally.

You mention regret, and that brings up an interesting question: is it regret over their actions, or over the consequences? A hypothetical person once apologized to me over their actions and then quickly repeated them. Regret over actions would imply that they would not have carried out other actions that had similar effects, yet they did. Don't answer that question, by the way. It's rhetorical.

Yes most communities have privileges but that does not mean they have to be savage and hold grudges for things what people did years ago, I think they should be above that.
People should not compare made up rules with the rules of the law that is used in real life, that would mean perma ban is death sentence, how you gonna know when he/she died, that's just insane if you ask me, this brings us back to the ''have privileges part'' i guess were all irrelevant *sad face*

You are talking too much in lectures for me, i have no idea what your opinion really is.

''is it regret over their actions, or over the consequences?'' The only way to find out is to really know the person Tongue
If you post anything else than your opinion or something above the average human IQ level i will scream.

(27-03-2017, 03:29 PM)Angar Wrote:
(26-03-2017, 10:31 PM)The_Drunken_One Wrote: I've read some unban requests including mine and i just don't get it that some ppl wont get unbanned for something they did while they were younger! After months you can still hold grudges against them (also me). Why don't you just soften up a bit and let ppl try ehhh.

Hope i still have my account after saying my OPINION.

Man, I started this mod on a young age as well. I think I was 14 or 15Confused. I did so many mistakes as well and I've been punished with a 25% reset. But I guess I know where we have our differences. I knew when I had to stop. Since the day I've been punished with that reset I've never ever done anything that was against the rules again. Atleast I can't remember. If you did so much shit in time you played that you got punished with a Perm Ban, It has to be the shit of the shit you have done. You know, its not that the devs decide "Yeah, that dude is quite shit..lets ban him" They have a reason given by yourself while doing shit. You had your chance to behave in a good way but you failed and apparently you have to deal with the consequences. Btw, I'm pretty sure you have received any other warnings or smth. like that before your last punishment so you had enough chances to stop.  So you are right, its pretty hard to get a second chance. For your future, learn how to behave and you won't get in trouble Smile

Thanks for your opinion that was uhm something
I once played gmod, I was part of some communities. D3, SUP, had good professional staff at the time I were a part of then. I don't recognize your communities names. In any case, if you do stuff to get yourself ejected from a community, then if you truely have grown up and regret the things you have done, then take your rightful punishment and move on. A person has their chances when they first play, and then anouther, and then anouther. I remember players that are given 5,6, and even more chances in the past times I've played observing countless appeals and being witness to their behaviors in game. Few, if any, change despite their 'heartfelt' pleas in their unban requests, which all turn out to be lies in the end as they continue their behavior. A person may claim over the Internet to regret their past actions, and over years attempt to appeal it, but in the years as I watched these players, they don't change. A persons heart and nature doesn't change as easily the face they may put on or the words they hide behind, they revert to doing the same things that get them banned. Yes, there are a few exceptions of those who do change, but from an outside perspective, what differentiates them from any of the other players who are banned, when they will use the same words in the same appeals for clemency.

Tl;dr
I'm distrustful of people from what I seen in my expirence. People don't change as often as they claim. Good luck differentiating those who actually did with the countless liars.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(27-03-2017, 06:43 PM)Looter Wrote: I once played gmod, I was part of some communities. D3, SUP, had good professional staff at the time I were a part of then. I don't recognize your communities names. In any case, if you do stuff to get yourself ejected from a community, then if you truely have grown up and regret the things you have done, then take your rightful punishment and move on. A person has their chances when they first play, and then anouther, and then anouther. I remember players that are given 5,6, and even more chances in the past times I've played observing countless appeals and being witness to their behaviors in game. Few, if any, change despite their 'heartfelt' pleas in their unban requests, which all turn out to be lies in the end as they continue their behavior. A person may claim over the Internet to regret their past actions, and over years attempt to appeal it, but in the years as I watched these players, they don't change. A persons heart and nature doesn't change as easily the face they may put on or the words they hide behind, they revert to doing the same things that get them banned. Yes, there are a few exceptions of those who do change, but from an outside perspective, what differentiates them from any of the other players who are banned, when they will use the same words in the same appeals for clemency.

Tl;dr
I'm distrustful of people from what I seen in my expirence. People don't change as often as they claim. Good luck differentiating those who actually did with the countless liars.

RG = Republic Gaming (SWRP), AN = Alliance Networks (SGRP), Phoenix Project (MERP) also on Kingdom RP for a short while but the owner thought buying weed with donated money was better than to pay for the server so that kinda died.
If you choose to see it that way that's on you but everyone that got unbanned years later after apologizing they did in fact change and are now respected members as they recruited more people into it and help the community grow. Maybe people don't fully change but they can still adapt enough for it to work Tongue
(27-03-2017, 04:56 PM)The_Drunken_One Wrote:
(27-03-2017, 02:42 AM)Malong Wrote: Anyway, I think you misunderstood me. The comparison of punishment to a prison is apt, and even if it wasn't, the other comparison to parents and children should be fine for you too. But this is all irrelevant, NI is a privilege and not a public right.
Yes most communities have privileges but that does not mean they have to be savage and hold grudges for things what people did years ago, I think they should be above that.
People should not compare made up rules with the rules of the law that is used in real life, that would mean perma ban is death sentence, how you gonna know when he/she died, that's just insane if you ask me, this brings us back to the ''have privileges part'' i guess were all irrelevant *sad face*

You misunderstood, yet again. If English is not your first language, that's fine (it's not mine either), but this is pointless if you can't understand what you're reading. I'm not talking about community privileges whatsoever. Google "privilege vs right." A hypothetical player that was banned has no entitlement to playing this mod. That is all.

Secondly, "rules of the law that are in real life" are made up by people as well. If you mean to say that it's unreasonable to come to any conclusion from NI because it's not "real life" then prove it.

Thirdly, it's been explained twice that this isn't due to a grudge. Yet again, it's not a grudge. And you agreed, right here:

(27-03-2017, 12:22 AM)The_Drunken_One Wrote:
(27-03-2017, 12:06 AM)Winter Wrote: If we are going to be childish, your mommy puts you on time out because you broke the rules and need to learn discipline, not because she holds a grudge against you.
Lmao fair enough!

(27-03-2017, 04:56 PM)The_Drunken_One Wrote: You are talking too much in lectures for me, i have no idea what your opinion really is.

''is it regret over their actions, or over the consequences?'' The only way to find out is to really know the person Tongue
If you post anything else than your opinion or something above the average human IQ level i will scream.

If reading two paragraphs is equivalent to one of your lectures, then you have pretty remedial lectures. Good job.

Since you asked my opinion: I'm glad a hypothetical person with the aforementioned behavior stays banned. They had more chances than most [repeat] offenders of this mod, and even gave themselves more artificial chances against the administration's wishes by using other CD keys. Also, every time, the unban request has been the same: they apologize to everyone, and they've matured. Lo and behold, the most recent unban request states that this person is (paraphrasing here) "apologiz[ing] to everyone, and [they've] matured." That line seems to have run its course, which is good. Because why would this opportunity be any different from the previous ones? Use pattern recognition. It won't.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(27-03-2017, 08:02 PM)Malong Wrote:
(27-03-2017, 04:56 PM)The_Drunken_One Wrote:
(27-03-2017, 02:42 AM)Malong Wrote: Anyway, I think you misunderstood me. The comparison of punishment to a prison is apt, and even if it wasn't, the other comparison to parents and children should be fine for you too. But this is all irrelevant, NI is a privilege and not a public right.

You misunderstood, yet again. If English is not your first language, that's fine (it's not mine either), but this is pointless if you can't understand what you're reading. I'm not talking about community privileges whatsoever. Google "privilege vs right." A hypothetical player that was banned has no entitlement to playing this mod. That is all.

Secondly, "rules of the law that are in real life" are made up by people as well. If you mean to say that it's unreasonable to come to any conclusion from NI because it's not "real life" then prove it.

Thirdly, it's been explained twice that this isn't due to a grudge. Yet again, it's not a grudge. And you agreed, right here:

(27-03-2017, 12:22 AM)The_Drunken_One Wrote:
(27-03-2017, 12:06 AM)Winter Wrote: If we are going to be childish, your mommy puts you on time out because you broke the rules and need to learn discipline, not because she holds a grudge against you.
Lmao fair enough!

(27-03-2017, 04:56 PM)The_Drunken_One Wrote: You are talking too much in lectures for me, i have no idea what your opinion really is.

If reading two paragraphs is equivalent to one of your lectures, then you have pretty remedial lectures. Good job.

Since you asked my opinion: I'm glad a hypothetical person with the aforementioned behavior stays banned. They had more chances than most [repeat] offenders of this mod, and even gave themselves more artificial chances against the administration's wishes by using other CD keys. Also, every time, the unban request has been the same: they apologize to everyone, and they've matured. Lo and behold, the most recent unban request states that this person is (paraphrasing here) "apologiz[ing] to everyone, and [they've] matured." That line seems to have run its course, which is good. Because why would this opportunity be any different from the previous ones? Use pattern recognition. It won't

I agree with you that common text is used in apologizing, the way people type it. That just proofs people are not so different after all.
Thanks for this discussion, you were the only one that really cleared things up for me
I think we just all have to assume there is a well-balanced system in place for dealing with offenders, this mod and its admin team have been around long enough to formulate something on these lines. Whilst I do not always agree with the decisions, I respect they come from a position of experience, and thus are to be held in a regard befitting someone of said experience.
Dreaded War Pick - 13/05/2018 - Loke
Fell Edge - 29/06/2018 - Tyr
Dragon Halberd - 05/08/2018 - Einherjar Berserker
Zephyr - 30/09/2018 - Odin
(27-03-2017, 11:41 PM)Ramos_Caoliki Wrote: I think we just all have to assume there is a well-balanced system in place for dealing with offenders, this mod and its admin team have been around long enough to formulate something on these lines. Whilst I do not always agree with the decisions, I respect they come from a position of experience, and thus are to be held in a regard befitting someone of said experience.

That is a well placed comment to end this discussion with!