Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Legendary Item Upgrades (Last Update: 24/3/2023)
(02-04-2020, 02:15 PM)Forward Wrote: I mean boots upgrades are comparably cheap and it's fair, because boots are pretty useless outside cavalry and who cares about cavalry.
But helmet upgrade is more about body or gloves by price, which is way too much for what you get. Should be more around boots by price.

Glove's and helm's prices are just about the same. Body armour is normally 2 crafting mats or just has more gold/mats in terms of housecrafted items. If boots are a low and body armour is a high I think the dev team sees gloves and helms as a midpoint or just about. I'm fine with that and others are as well given I'm, not the only one that makes upgraded armour. 

Practically what helps more? 2+ body armour or 4+ head armour? I will be perfectly honest and say I don't know as I think It would depend on so many factors. 

A Sniper would probably be better of going with the helm being most of the time I play ranged I get killed by headshots, not body shots. The 4 armour may not help much In rag for a Sniper but It would In other game modes. Altho can make a case for Sentry and Senti having more head armour may help more in melee vs 2 more normal armour. 

I guess you could make an argument for Inf to go with gloves??? Altho I would go with the helm given It helps so much with getting killed from crush through and well melee in general. Overall I think upgrading helms could be the better move than gloves on all classes. 

For, If they are good value cost wise well I never said anything on the matter. I'll even post this... It's not talking about "price" but It's related given I talk about some upgraded are better value than others stats wise. 

(31-12-2019, 03:24 PM)Woody Wrote: An argument could be made about why do a lot of things get the same buff... 

My Upgraded Def armour gets the same buff as my Leviathans... +4 armour is a grate buff when you only have 54, to begin with. The +4 armour to Def is a lot lower % increase by alot... 

This becomes more questionable on weapons like Dead Shot vs Alia or Eastern Blade vs Legacy. Maybe you just have more categories so more percentages can made.

Think upgrades would work better if all the buffs worked like how weight is for armours. Find some values that you can use like +20%...+10%... whatever it may be and use them on each item.

For example. (I'll be picking the number closest to the %)

Cursed Leviathan's Guard
Weight 6 (-20%) 
Body armour 58 (+7.5%)
Leg armour 29 (+7.5%)

Battle Hardened Defender Armour
Weight 20 (-20%) 
Body armour 90 (+7.5%) (+2)
Leg armour 48 (+7.5%) (+1)
-15% Damage Reduction

Gilded Bear Armour would be the start where it would be +5 armour and Ornate Scale Armour would be about where it goes to +6.

A good question would be... Should Def armour be in the same or its own category with Gilded Bear Armour and Leather Overmail? This is what I would be for as given people that pick that type of class would probably want different buffs.  

This is what I would do with [NORMAL] armour at least. 

(head) +7.5% armour and weight halved

(body armour) +7.5% to Leg/Body armour and -20% weight

(hands) +17.5% to armour and weight halved

(boots) +15% armour and weight halved

This is what I would do with [Def/Leather/...] armour. 

(body armour) +3? Damage Reduction +6% to Leg/Body armour and -10% weight

This would put Def at 

Battle Hardened Defender Armour
Weight 24 (-10%) (+4)
Body armour 89 (+6%) (+1)
Leg armour 47 (+6%)
-18% Damage Reduction? (+3)

I don't really want to look for a post that people will forget about In a week but I also suggested every upgraded armour gets some damage reduction even If Its, not an armour class.

Be something like 
Helm +1% Damage Reduction 
Body +2% Damage Reduction 
Body +1% Damage Reduction 
Body +1% Damage Reduction 

This would give 1 more reason to upgrade boots and well any armour part.

(02-04-2020, 02:15 PM)Forward Wrote: And I disagree that's subjective. It's completely objective thing: function survivability(gear_price).
And weapon upgrades are more important just because you often buff big part of your team with them.

When I said subjective I mean no one forces you to upgrade anything...
If you want to upgrade Tempest go for It.
If you want to upgrade Leviathan's ... go for it.
If you want to upgrade Wulfsbane go for it.  

That Is a point for weapons sure but what If I'm "greedy" and what to buff my self just as much as my team (having a fully upgraded set). That argument would also Imply you are the only one that can bring "upgraded weapon" and that you even needed that "upgraded weapon". The big reason I was willing to sell my upgraded Ullrs and Black arrows Is because of how common good bows are. That and upgraded H-bow and upgraded Dragon arrows are better then what most people ever get stats wise.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legendary Item Upgrades (Last Update: 8/10/2019) - by DR. - 02-04-2020, 04:23 PM